• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Sent to be Crucified?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Only in religion can you get the story of a cosmic Jewish zombie that sacrifices himself to himself to give himself permission to save us from a curse put on our ancestor, a rib-woman made from clay-man, who were tricked by a talking snake into eating from a magic tree.

:facepalm:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Only in religion can you get the story of a cosmic Jewish zombie that sacrifices himself to himself to give himself permission to save us from a curse put on our ancestor, a rib-woman made from clay-man, who were tricked by a talking snake into eating from a magic tree.
When you put it that way, you kill any chance I ever had of converting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When you put it that way, you kill any chance I ever had of converting. It almost sounds silly.

Shermana

Heretic
Talking, upright reptiles are not exclusive to religion. Advanced beings could make a female human with a single Rib's worth. The human body carries a proportion of elements about relative to that on the Earth, including Platinum and Gold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_of_the_human_body

And women are apparently responsible for all sin in almost all worldwide mythos such as Pandora. Even the Yin Yang concept hints at this.

Last edited:

no-body

And women are apparently responsible for all sin in almost all worldwide mythos such as Pandora. Even the Yin Yang concept hints at this.

It is almost as if history is patriarchal and women have been looked down upon by even women themselves.

A

angellous_evangellous

Who writes the history? The powerful.

I suppose that when you write history, you become powerful.

I've always heard that it's the wieners who write history -- usually by the fact that the writer simply survived long enough in her time and had the resources to spend her time in study and writing.

However, now I've read so many histories written or spoken by severely oppressed people. The Lost Boys of Sudan can give their own account, I've read stories from people in Burma, and histories from women and homosexuals who are by no means powerful or "winners."

Also, in this point in time, anyone can write their history online. History is changing.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member

Sounds like a good movie though. I've got 3-d glasses.

javajo

I can see how someone could read the Bible and be like, huh? I get that. I have read other posts that were, like, the Bible is just nuts! How can anyone believe that? I totally understand. One fellow was like why would God invent sin and then like the above, sacrifice himself to himself so he could save us himself. But I was thinking about it...which usually turns out bad for me, but...

I thought, just suppose its true that God did make us and here we are, humans living with each other on this planet. Now each day you and I can get up and do whatever comes in our minds to do. Some people get up and decide to do bad things to others, to do them violence, oppress the weak, be hateful and mean and all that. When we see others doing wrong to others, we cry out for justice. Well if God is good, he must demand justice too. He wouldn't be very good if he let someone get away with living a life where they, say, killed and tortured and raped and etc. all the time. And even the best of people still have treated others wrongly. Like I was impatient with my wonderful wife just this morning. So, we all have done wrong.

So, as a natural result of us being here and being able to do what we want, and since people do choose to do wrong, we now have what we call sin. Its here, its real, and its a problem. Now, just as God did not "invent" sin, but sin is a natural result of us being here and being able to do what we want and some choosing to do wrong, the natural result of sin is death. God did not "invent" this law either, its just a result. So now God, since he does love us and wants to reconcile us to him has to find a way. Since we are dead in sin we cannot help ourselves. But God sees a way. He will pay the penalty, thus staying good and honoring the demands of justice. And so"..God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." So, I guess those who will do wrong to others will keep doing wrong, and those who want to do good but find they have done some wrong and want to be forgiven may turn to God.

Anyway, that probably still seems nuts, but that's my thots for the moment.