• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Mohammed a man of peace ? - as his last words were to curse the Christians and the Jews

Kerr

yeah sure bruce - i think eight years of war would suggest muhammed was a political warlord dont you ?

This event, the Hijra, marks the beginning of the Islamic calendar, which is also known as the Hijri Calendar. In Medina, Muhammad united some of the tribes,[16] but failed to resolve conflicts with the Jewish tribes of the city. Instead Muhammad expelled the Banu Qaynuqa [17] and the Banu Nadir,[18] and annihilated the Banu Qurayza (the males were executed and the women and children were enslaved).[19][20] After eight years of fighting with the Meccan tribes, his followers, who by then had grown to 10,000, conquered Mecca. Muhammad destroyed the symbols of Paganism in Mecca[21] and then sent his followers out to destroy all of the remaining pagan temples throughout Eastern Arabia

and

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 414:
Narrated ‘Urwa:
Aisha said, “The Prophet in his fatal illness said, ‘Allah cursed the Jews and the Christians because they took the graves of their Prophets as places for praying.”‘ Aisha added, “Had it not been for that the grave of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) would have been made prominent but I am afraid it might be taken (as a) place for praying.

there we o i hope thats clear
That verse can be interpreted in another way (that Muhammad did not curse them but rather wanted to explain why he did not want people to know where his grave was). Also, what is the point of this thread?

markymark

That verse can be interpreted in another way (that Muhammad did not curse them but rather wanted to explain why he did not want people to know where his grave was). Also, what is the point of this thread?

to provide information to suggest that according to history Mohammed was not a man of peace but a political warlord

punkdbass

I will be what I will be
ohhh please thats so old , the bible is called the sword many many times ...really weak come back ...pls provide any source were Jesus was involved in war like Mohammed was for 8 years and then we can talk

You could learn something here:

If you don't want people taking select individual verses from your holy scriptures, and interpreting them out of context and without a proper historical understanding of them, and then judging your religion poorly because of them.. then you probably shouldn't do that to other people's religion.

Dont take it from me.. Jesus taught the same thing.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
If we are to take the Bible in whole as literal, historical truth...
How many people, including women and children we ordered to be slain by Moses?
How can one ignore the violent progression of those attempting to establish the "Promised Land", while attacking Islam?
Or the violent spread of Christianity by those who claim to be followers of Jesus?

Is it not true that all three of the Abrahamic Religions can find innocent blood in their origins?

markymark

If we are to take the Bible in whole as literal, historical truth...
How many people, including women and children we ordered to be slain by Moses?
How can one ignore the violent progression of those attempting to establish the "Promised Land", while attacking Islam?
Or the violent spread of Christianity by those who claim to be followers of Jesus?

Is it not true that all three of the Abrahamic Religions can find innocent blood in their origins?

i agree there was alot of violents in the OT , firstly it was not carried out by jesus the founder of christianty - islam was spread by the sword by muhammed the founder of islam secondly the bible has a NT that Jesus tells us to live by and that is ful of love and peace - does the quran have a NT that tells muslim to live by peace ?

markymark

But thats the thing. It doesnt matter if Muhammad was a warlord or not if Muslims believe he was a man of peace rather then a warlord.

sorry just to confirm , so you are going to ignore historical facts ..so it does not matter if history says Hitler was a bad man as long as Germans believe he was good , is that what are your saying ?

markymark

I would not ask this if you have not already tried to do that, but why is that so important?

because islam claims its a religion of peace and i dont believe that and muhamed is the center of islam ...and i want to debate it

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
i agree there was alot of violents in the OT , firstly it was not carried out by jesus the founder of christianty - islam was spread by the sword by muhammed the founder of islam secondly the bible has a NT that Jesus tells us to live by and that is ful of love and peace - does the quran have a NT that tells muslim to live by peace ?
So, you are not a believer in the Trinity? You do not believe Jesus is God?
You do not adhere to "In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."?

markymark

You do not adhere to "In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."?

yes i believe in OT and NT but i follow the NT as the bible instructs

Last edited:

markymark

are you going to answer my question ...does the quran have a NT that commands love and peace ?

CynthiaCypher

yes very much , i dont belive in war or killing for any reason

That's good for you, but some believe self-preservation is paramount. But most of the wars Muhammad fought were after negotiation and compromise failed, he was rather reluctant to go to war.

Kerr

because islam claims its a religion of peace and i dont believe that and muhamed is the center of islam ...and i want to debate it
From what I have seen it is more then that. It really seem to bother you and I am curious about why.