• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Mohammed a man of peace ? - as his last words were to curse the Christians and the Jews

CynthiaCypher

really ...since the bible instrucs us to live by the NT , can you provide any sources from the NT ..pls

You mean besides the violent revenge fantasy that is called the Book of Revelations, where Jesus and his followers are depicted as coming back on white horses in order to slaughter every non-believer whether they be man, woman or child?

markymark

Your question is hypocritical in light of your own faith.

I think you misunderstand what Jesus is quoted as saying. It is not that one should not judge, it is that one must be prepared to be judged in return.

When critiquing a religion for violence, be prepared to defend the violence of your own faith.

What is your defense for the warlords of Israel who were under orders from God/Jesus?

how can i tell you why God decided to do that , i am not God - the bible says his ways are far beyond our ways -what i can tell you is he has instructed christian to live by the NT and that is centered on love for humanity and others - do you deny that ?

anyway you have already agreed that mo was not peaceful and all Muslims follow him therefore ....

markymark

You mean besides the violent revenge fantasy that is called the Book of Revelations, where Jesus and his followers are depicted as coming back on white horses in order to slaughter every non-believer whether they be man, woman or child?

is that all you have ? did you make that up or are you going to provide a source?

Kerr

can you give me a NT source
No, but take a look at human history and Christianity. Christianity has been used to excuse violence. Quite frankly, you can take any holy book and someone somewhere will find a way to make it excuse violence. Does that mean the religion based of that book is not a religion of peace? No, it means people can interpret religious texts differently and some of these interpretations are peaceful while others are violent.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
how can i tell you why God decided to do that , i am not God - the bible says his ways are far beyond our ways -what i can tell you is he has instructed christian to live by the NT and that is centered on love for humanity and others - do you deny that ?

Do you deny that Mohamed could give the exact same argument you just did?

anyway you have already agreed that mo was not peaceful and all Muslims follow him therefore ....

---he and his followers are no better than Jews and Christians.

loverOfTruth

History tells us Mohammed was involved in war almost all of his adult life ,i know alot of Muslims say he was attacked but IMO the man who was to be an example to all Muslims should have asked allah to protect him instead of using his followers to conquer the whole of arbia ,history also says islam was spread by the sword.

Alot of muslim will point to he crusades and say christianty was also spread by the sword - yes it happaned those men abused there believe and used it for there gain the difference is the founder of islam was the one who spread islam by the sword and apart from that his last word were to curse the christians and the jews ...so tell me what makes Muhammad a man of peace ?

yes he united the tribes - but that does not mean anyhing as if a criminal unites criminal tribes does that make him a man of peace ?

point to ponder:when Jesus was attacked and taken to the cross to be tortured - he gave him self up - his last words were to forgive those who tortured him

Good luck in trying to propagate one more false propaganda ;-)

Jesus Loves His Enemies...and Then Kills Them All | loonwatch.com

Christian Violence in History

By the way, I don't believe either Muhammad(pbuh) or Jesus(pbuh) ever taught indiscriminate killing/violence. Some misguided writers and followers changed the rules even though God only allowed war in self defence. But you can't be biased against just one.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
History tells us Mohammed was involved in war almost all of his adult life ,i know alot of Muslims say he was attacked
that's right , He attacked by Arabs idolators ......
but IMO the man who was to be an example to all Muslims should have asked allah to protect him instead of using his followers to conquer the whole of arbia ,history also says islam was spread by the sword.
.......so He defend , Islam never came by obligation , and there is an Ayah 109:6 in Islam about the free of choice religion , and there is many verses talking about the free to choice religion .

Alot of muslim will point to he crusades and say christianty was also spread by the sword - yes it happaned those men abused there believe and used it for there gain the difference is the founder of islam was the one who spread islam by the sword and apart from that his last word were to curse the christians and the jews ...so tell me what makes Muhammad a man of peace ?
I don't know if there is a Hadith about Muhammad curse the Christians and Jews , but
I guess God "Allah" curse the jews and christians in Quran , why , because they edited His messages and his books and curse the Jews because fight and disbelieve in his messangers and prophets .

do you know how the Islam spread in the north africa or whole africa and India and Indonisia and Malisia , by the sword ? or by something else .
can you give exemple of countries that Muslims spread Islam by sword ?
yes he united the tribes - but that does not mean anyhing as if a criminal unites criminal tribes does that make him a man of peace ?
this is prejuge not question .

point to ponder:when Jesus was attacked and taken to the cross to be tortured - he gave him self up - his last words were to forgive those who tortured him
you compare Jesus (pbuh) to Muhammad (pbuh)
check this video and you would find comparation between Islam and Christainity about the word "sword " and you will be shocked .

[youtube]TKAL0YSDHIs[/youtube]
Give your heart and fit all the things !! - YouTube

loverOfTruth

Good luck in trying to propagate one more false propaganda ;-)

Jesus Loves His Enemies...and Then Kills Them All | loonwatch.com

Christian Violence in History

By the way, I don't believe either Muhammad(pbuh) or Jesus(pbuh) ever taught indiscriminate killing/violence. Some misguided writers and followers changed the rules even though God only allowed war in self defence. But you can't be biased against just one.

In addition to the above, since it seems like you really don't know anything about Prophet Muhammad(pbuh), I suggest you read who Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) really was. The following is an article on Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) written by a non-muslim :

The Simple Message of GOD: About Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) - By a non-muslim

Peace.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
History tells us Mohammed was involved in war almost all of his adult life ,i know alot of Muslims say he was attacked but IMO the man who was to be an example to all Muslims should have asked allah to protect him instead of using his followers to conquer the whole of arbia ,history also says islam was spread by the sword.

So basically what you're sying here is that everything that was said to you in this thread just bounced right off: :rolleyes:http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/127809-what-makes-islam-religion-peace.html

mohammed_beiruti

yeah sure bruce - i think eight years of war would suggest muhammed was a political warlord dont you ?

truth had been attacked by satan and there had been always war on Islam.
and it seems that it will continue , since you and others like you will keep Inciting on hating Islam.

BruceDLimber

i think ... muhammed was a political warlord; don't you?

No, I don't!

And in addition to all the objections others have already posted, you're ignoring the fact that Muhammad permitted only defensive warfare when His followers were attacked, and forbade both waging offensive war and continuing to fight if the other party laid down his arms!

I stipulate that He permitted defensive fighting during attacks, but that's very different from being a "warlord" (your term).

Peace,

Bruce

BruceDLimber

Is it not true that all three of the Abrahamic Religions can find innocent blood in their origins?

At worst, only three of the five Abrahamic religions can be criticized for such--all the more so given that the innocent blood shed in the other two faiths was that of their ADHERENTS who were killed by those opposing them.

Peace,

Bruce