• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Mohammed a man of peace ? - as his last words were to curse the Christians and the Jews

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Any thing wrong with being in the military?
Not at all. The simple truth is that Muhammad's message and actions precipitated the oppression brought to bear against him. His message wasn't especially good news to anyone who did not want to become a Muslim. No doubt Jews, Christians and Pagans were deeply offended by his early rants on the streets of Mecca.

To extend you analogy, think of Jim Jones and David Koresh vanquishing those who rose against them, to the extent that they conquered region after region. Does being more politically and militarily astute draw the line between the madman and the prophet?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
i agree there was alot of violents in the OT , firstly it was not carried out by jesus the founder of christianty - islam was spread by the sword by muhammed the founder of islam secondly the bible has a NT that Jesus tells us to live by and that is ful of love and peace - does the quran have a NT that tells muslim to live by peace ?

So, you are not a believer in the Trinity? You do not believe Jesus is God?
You do not adhere to "In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."?

yes i believe in OT and NT but i follow the NT as the bible instructs

Here's the catch then.

You claim the violence in the OT was not carried out by Jesus. But it was ordered and endorsed, and many times carried out, by God.

Therefore Jesus, who is God, was deeply involved in the violence advocated in the OT.

I am not attempting to denigrate your beliefs. I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy shown in this thread.

According to Mathew, Jesus himself said; "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Volume 2, Book 23, Number 414:
Narrated ‘Urwa:
Aisha said, “The Prophet in his fatal illness said, ‘Allah cursed the Jews and the Christians because they took the graves of their Prophets as places for praying.”‘ Aisha added, “Had it not been for that the grave of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) would have been made prominent but I am afraid it might be taken (as a) place for praying.

there we o i hope thats clear

Yes, it's clear someone has a reading comprehension problem.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
According to Mathew, Jesus himself said; "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
Now try telling that to Muslims. :D

markymark

Here's the catch then.

You claim the violence in the OT was not carried out by Jesus. But it was ordered and endorsed, and many times carried out, by God.

Therefore Jesus, who is God, was deeply involved in the violence advocated in the OT.

I am not attempting to denigrate your beliefs. I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy shown in this thread.

i dont proclaim to have all the answers but my question still remain was mo a man of peace according to his last words and history ?

so are you judging someone that steals to say they are a thief or simply stating the truth ?

robo

i dont proclaim to have all the answers but my question still remain was mo a man of peace according to his last words and history ?

so are you judging someone that steals to say they are a thief or simply stating the truth ?

Mark:

Yes...mo was NOT a man of peace...neither was the OT God.

Why follow one and not the other?

Just junk both!

markymark

Mark:

Yes...mo was NOT a man of peace...neither was the OT God.

Why follow one and not the other?

Just junk both!

but God is of peace and proclaims it many times he sent his son to die ..so mankind could have a relationship with him ....like i said i dont have all the answers ....we cant comprehend God ...it would be like trying to explain the internet to an ant...i just trust he is good ... because i have seen with my own eyes the fruits of following the bible and God is good ...any you are welcome to start your own OP but i thanks for agreeing with me on old mo

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

Your question is hypocritical in light of your own faith.

I think you misunderstand what Jesus is quoted as saying. It is not that one should not judge, it is that one must be prepared to be judged in return.

When critiquing a religion for violence, be prepared to defend the violence of your own faith.

What is your defense for the warlords of Israel who were under orders from God/Jesus?

Kerr

really ...since the bible instrucs us to live by the NT , can you provide any sources from the NT ..pls
On the other hand, people has used the Bible to excuse violence. Doesnt that imply that people can actually misinterpret it? Or twist it to suit their agenda?