• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'We Have Plenty of Guns If Trump Loses'

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Calling in bomb threats is what you call nothing, just rightful discourse and voicing grievances.
Pretending who exactly is calling in those threats without first identifying the individual is what you call paranoid and delusional.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Doesn't that make you want to ask Vance -- "Okay, J.D., since we've blown it so badly and are no longer any good as a country, which country do you think is the strongest -- economically -- on the planet?"
It's gonna have to take a number and wait for the other squirrel **** nutter things he's said.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
If that was an insurrection, I'd hate to actually live through one. It was a joke. No one was killed by the way, though a few people did commit suicide afterward, which is terrible. Actually, one person was killed - a Trump supporter. Bet that really upset some people.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Yup. They already tried an insurrection. Only this time there shouldn't be such a mess if the army needs to be called in again.

I don't see them trying the exact same thing again. Even Trump isn't stupid enough to think that expecting the VP to refuse to count the electoral votes will happen with the current VP. And that was what the whole scheme hinged on.

Biden has just appointed a law firm to look into and prepare for republican legal tricks. One of them was interviewed on MSNBC and he gave three areas they were concerned about. One was vote suppression, another getting officials to delay confirming vote counts and the third one I forget. Anyway, they're well aware of the danger and are making preparations, which gave me some comfort.

Another difference is that this time we have a Dem president, so Trump's power to do (or not do) things is much less that it was on Jan6.

Twilight Hue

We know you don't read the sources you post, now I'm wondering how well you read the posts you reply to.
You can't even identify a single person here who participated in the first Insurrection yet your allegations suggests this group of doing it a second time.

You don't need to tell me on who is who here.

Shadow Wolf

I don't see them trying the exact same thing again. Even Trump isn't stupid enough to think that expecting the VP to refuse to count the electoral votes will happen with the current VP. And that was what the whole scheme hinged on.

Biden has just appointed a law firm to look into and prepare for republican legal tricks. One of them was interviewed on MSNBC and he gave three areas they were concerned about. One was vote suppression, another getting officials to delay confirming vote counts and the third one I forget. Anyway, they're well aware of the danger and are making preparations, which gave me some comfort.

Another difference is that this time we have a Dem president, so Trump's power to do (or not do) things is much less that it was on Jan6.
I'd also be worried about an organized assault. Jan 6th was so disorganized it could only fail. If they act as one it'll be a different story.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
If that was an insurrection, I'd hate to actually live through one. It was a joke. No one was killed by the way, though a few people did commit suicide afterward, which is terrible. Actually, one person was killed - a Trump supporter. Bet that really upset some people.
And how many were injured? Oh, maybe that doesn't matter to you. For the record, within 36 hours, five people died: one was shot by Capitol Police, another died of a drug overdose, and three died of natural causes, including a police officer. Many people were injured, including 174 police officers. Four officers who responded to the attack killed themselves within seven months. Damage caused by attackers exceeded $2.7 million.

Bet you wouldn't like it much if somebody did $2.7 million damage to your house, and injured your family in the process. Oh, but of course, injury and damage is part of "peaceful protest," isn't it?

Shadow Wolf

You can't even identify a single person here who participated in the first Insurrection yet your allegations suggests this group of doing it a second time.

You don't need to tell me on who is who here.
Yes, I forgot. We can't even comment on bomb threats that are happening as burying your head in the sand and plugging your ears everytime you think you saw the scary shadow move is the appropriate response

Twilight Hue

Yes, I forgot. We can't even comment on bomb threats that are happening as burying your head in the sand and plugging your ears everytime you think you saw the scary shadow move is the appropriate response

Nowhere is near as you accusing these people of being a real threat just because they voice their grievances.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Going ape crazy over what amounts to nothing seems a big deal as well. At least others are not acting that paranoid and unhinged just because some yahoos are exercising their right to discourse and voicing grievances.
The problem is that we've already witnessed words turn into action. For example, the Haitian immigrants (who are here legally) have faced threats and harassment due to conservatives spreading false accusations, and continued to do so even after proven false.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Nowhere is near as you accusing these people of being a real threat just because they voice their grievances.
Making actual threats of violence is beyond "voicing their grievances" (which aren't valid ones anyway), and many of these bumpkin buffoons end up acting on it:

1. 2017 - Charlottesville "Unite the Right" Rally:​

• Far-right extremists, including neo-Nazis and white nationalists, held a rally that turned violent. James Alex Fields Jr. drove his car into counter-protesters, killing Heather Heyer.

2. 2017 - "Pizzagate" Shooting at Comet Ping Pong:​

• Edgar Maddison Welch, a Trump supporter, fired shots inside a Washington, D.C., pizzeria after believing a conspiracy theory about child trafficking. No one was injured.

3. 2018 - Pipe Bombs Sent to Trump Critics:​

• Cesar Sayoc, a Trump supporter, mailed pipe bombs to prominent Democrats and critics of Trump, including Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and CNN. None of the bombs detonated.

4. 2018 - Coast Guard Officer Christopher Hasson’s Plot:​

• Christopher Paul Hasson, a U.S. Coast Guard officer and self-described white nationalist, was arrested for plotting to kill prominent Democrats and media figures on a "hit list."

5. 2018 - Robert Bowers (Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting):​

• Motivated by anti-Semitism, Robert Bowers killed 11 people at the Tree of Life synagogue. He expressed support for Trump’s immigration policies, blaming Jews for helping immigrants.

6. 2020 - Gretchen Whitmer Kidnapping Plot:​

• A group of extremists, some with pro-Trump sentiments, plotted to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer over COVID-19 restrictions. The FBI foiled the plot, arresting several men.

7. 2020 - Kenosha Shooter Kyle Rittenhouse:​

• Kyle Rittenhouse, a Trump supporter, shot and killed two protesters during unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin. He claimed self-defense and became a symbol for some in the pro-Trump camp.

8. 2020 - Killing of a Federal Officer in Oakland:​

• Steven Carrillo, a member of the "Boogaloo" movement, killed a federal officer during protests. While linked more to anti-government extremism, Carrillo expressed support for Trump.

9. October 2020 - Plot to Attack a Vote Counting Center in Philadelphia:​

• Two armed men, motivated by pro-Trump content and false claims of voter fraud, plotted to attack a vote-counting center during the 2020 election. Authorities intercepted the plan.

10. January 6, 2021 - U.S. Capitol Insurrection:​

• Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overturn the 2020 election results. The riot resulted in deaths, injuries to law enforcement, and widespread property damage.

11. 2021 - Planned Attack on Democratic Targets:​

• Ian Benjamin Rogers, a Trump supporter, plotted to blow up the Democratic Party headquarters in Sacramento, believing it would trigger a movement to overturn the 2020 election results.

12. August 2022 - FBI Field Office Attack in Cincinnati:​

• Ricky Shiffer, a Trump supporter, attempted to breach an FBI field office in Ohio, motivated by anger over the FBI’s search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence. He was killed after a standoff.

13. 2022 - Assault on Paul Pelosi:​

• David DePape, influenced by far-right conspiracy theories and pro-Trump rhetoric, broke into Nancy Pelosi’s home and attacked her husband, Paul Pelosi, with a hammer.
Etc, etc, etc.