• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You know what is really, really weird? The fact that my son, who is named after a branch of the family, who he has never met and never been around, walks and talks like them. He even LOOKS like them, and he's never even met them.
Yeah. I pointed out to to my family after my best friend found her her dad's dad was actually a guy his mom had an affair, that we don't have to worry about that. For a bunch of blondes and redheads, we have some rather dominant genes. I even have a resemblance to my to mom's mom's parents, including my great grandmother's lazy eye and kind of look like her in the face.

Kfox

Yeah, it is for all people, because there is a better way to refer to people.
Just because there is a better way, doesn’t make it meaningless for all people.
The problem is that that better is not real, objective or empirical.
Why is this a problem?
So you are still doing a double standard of your subjectivity as accepted versus other people's denied.
That’s because we’re talking about MY subjective opinions. I believe my opinions are superior to all others that differ; as it should be.

Kfox

That all happens in the brain. We can even see things like depression, anxiety, psyhcotic tendencies, hypervigilance, we can indeed see all these things happening in the brain. That means they exist just as much as a broken bone.
Broke doesn't exist, but a bone that has been broken does. Depressed doesn't exist, but a brain suffering from depression does.

Argentbear

Lets just say..

"Transgender youth are far more likely than their non-transgender peers to experience
depressionnearly four times the risk, according to one study (Reisner 2015). Similarly,
LGBQ teens experience significantly more depression symptoms than their heterosexual
peers (Marshal 2011).
• In a 2016-2017 survey from HRC, 28 percent of LGBTQ youth — including 40 percent of

transgender youth — said they felt depressed most or all of the time during the previous 30
days, compared to only 12 percent of non-LGBTQ youth (HRC Foundation 2017).
• According to the CDC’s 2015 Youth
Risk Behavior Survey, 60 percent

of LGBQ youth reported being
so sad or hopeless they stopped

doing some of their usual activities
(Kann 2016).
LGBQ young people are more than twice as likely to feel suicidal, and over four times as
likely to attempt suicide, compared to heterosexual youth
(Kann 2016); the rates may
be especially high for bisexual teens (Marshal 2011). According to one study, a third of

transgender youth have seriously considered suicide, and one in five has made a suicide
attempt (Reisner 2015)."
Source

They have issues.

Anti-LGBT proponents have historically cited LGBT people’s high rates of mental health struggles as evidence that LGBT identities are indicative of underlying mental illness. These claims are false. In fact, research shows that this kind of homophobic/transphobic rhetoric is what actually drives LGBT mental health difficulties.

Cathy Kelleher 2009 Minority Stress and Health: Implications for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, T Bisexual, Transgender ansgender, and Questioning (L , and Questioning (LGBTQ) Young People

E. Mongelli et al 2019 Minority stress and mental health among LGBT populations: an update on the evidence

Jennifer de Lange 2022 Minority Stress and Suicidal Ideation and Suicide Attempts Among LGBT Adolescents and Young Adults: A Meta-Analysis

and countless others

Issues LGBT people have isn't from being LGBT its from experiencing constant hate, prejudice and even violence. More often than not this abuse comes from their own families.

So if you are really concerned about this stop and consider how your own opinions and prejudices are contributing to the problem

Kfox

So marriage doesn't exist. Wonderful
How are you defining "exist"? My little niece believes Santa is real. To her Santa is a real person, but we both know Santa only exists in her imagination; he only exists in her head and the heads of other kids who believe. Same for marriage, it doesn't have an actual existence, but it is real to those who believe in their marriage.

Argentbear

How are you defining "exist"? My little niece believes Santa is real. To her Santa is a real person, but we both know Santa only exists in her imagination; he only exists in her head and the heads of other kids who believe. Same for marriage, it doesn't have an actual existence, but it is real to those who believe in their marriage.
Santa like marriage are part of our shared culture and do so independently of anyone's imagination.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Just because there is a better way, doesn’t make it meaningless for all people.

Why is this a problem?

That’s because we’re talking about MY subjective opinions. I believe my opinions are superior to all others that differ; as it should be.
How is so for the bold?
I mean I don't believe that my opinions are better that other ones. Mine are better to me, but not better as such. And other people's opinions are better for them.
As for society in my opinion that should be a compromise in part and not just that what is better to me.

Last edited:

Kfox

How is so for the bold?
I mean I don't believe that my opinions are better that other ones. Mine are better to me, but not better as such.
Though there are cases when I feel what's best for me may not be best for someone else, In this case, I believe my ideas are best for all.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
So if people disappeared, Santa would remain? No. That's because Santa is NOT independent of imaginations.

But that this matters, is dependent on brains. That is your problem, you are not the onlyy brain that believes something matters.

So you have to explain for the world as such, why you matter independent of your belief that you matter? Further you have to explain, how come you among all humans are special because you are you?
Though there are cases when I feel what's best for me may not be best for someone else, In this case, I believe my ideas are best for all.

How do you decide that?