• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you eating?

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Having tofu stir-fry tonight, with greens and rice. Seasoned simply with soy sauce.

Tommorow it's home made mac and cheese topped with chives.

Then it's pancake day! I'm so happy my husband got me some Canadian maple syrup. T_T He's so nice!

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Last meal at home was grilled chicken skewers, butternut squash in the oven, guacamole from wonderfully ripe avocados, sliced tomatoes topped with olive oil and za'atar (a Middle Eastern herb), and some nice cabernet sauvignon.

Tonight it is going to be slow cooked beef stew with root vegetables and red wine.

Today is Chinese New Year's so I had a big meal with my extended family, about 12 or 13 people in all.

We ate not only traditional dumplings, but also noodles, fish and seafood, roast duck, vegetables, and stewed pork.

It was very fun since I saw relatives I did not see in some years.

Last edited:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Yesterday, v-day dinner.

426083_10200164095958674_1205458980_n.jpg

Beats crappy cards and useless gifts.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Bok choy, tofu and mushroom stirfry with whole grain basmati rice! :D

Oh that's my kind of food! :drool: Healthy, easy and fairly quick.

On the other hand... I also like slightly more complicated food. Me and my husband agreed that on Sundays now we'll have sushi day! Perhaps after a few weeks you'll see some masterful sushi pictures on here.

On the other hand... I also like slightly more complicated food. Me and my husband agreed that on Sundays now we'll have sushi day! Perhaps after a few weeks you'll see some masterful sushi pictures on here.

Sounds really yummy! On a general day, I usually just make chapatis and some vegetable curry or sabji, so it's nice to have some different food once in a while!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Scrambled eggs made with both egg beaters and one whole egg, bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese and coffee.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

Are you guys going to make your own sushi? Seems like it'd be tricky.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Are you guys going to make your own sushi? Seems like it'd be tricky.

Yeah, we do and it's not the first time. You need to know the specific ways to make it, the tips and tricks. We have made some now... Perhaps 6 times? You get the hang of it!

I like to make a lot of my food from scratch, since I like to know what's in it and also, I find it quite fun! Only bad part of cooking is the dishes and I wasn't blessed with a dishwasher nor could it fit into the house anyway.

Heck I don't even have a dryer, something I considered basic necessity back in Canada! :eek: