• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you eating?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I tried a new basic and simple plate for the first time after eating it in a local Italian joint and I highly recommend it. I put an eggplant in the oven after piercing it on top, after its hot and tender I slice it open and top it with a generous layer of tomato sauce, parmesan and crystalized garlic. Put it for a bit more time in the oven, and there you have it, heaven on a plate. Serve it as a side dish with your home made Italian meal.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Spicy tomato and onion curry on cold Sri Lankan red rice left over from when a much better cook cooked

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I tried a new basic and simple plate for the first time after eating it in a local Italian joint and I highly recommend it. I put an eggplant in the oven after piercing it on top, after its hot and tender I top it with a generous layer of tomato sauce, parmesan and crystalized garlic. And there you have it, heaven on a plate. Serve it as a side dish with your home made Italian meal.

Yes, this is very good. The small baby eggplants are more fun. Make small slits all over them, stuff a garlic clove in each slit, then bake in the tomato sauce, or stew on top of the stove.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Yes, this is very good. The small baby eggplants are more fun. Make small slits all over them, stuff a garlic clove in each slit, then bake in the tomato sauce, or stew on top of the stove.
We grow baby eggplants in our balcony, so I'll try it with them at some point. But I wanted something bigger and meaty.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I see... I grew up with the small eggplants, so I'm biased. :p I might try it with the large eggplant. I've made baked acorn squash, which is very good. Cut it in half lengthwise, bake it cut side down. When the shell is soft, remove it from the oven, let it cool so you can handle it, scoop out the inside then mix it with whatever you want... other cooked vegs and/or ground meat, seasonings, etc., refill the shell and heat up again. One half is a meal in itself. Using all vegs, rice, legumes, barley, etc. for the stuffing makes a perfect vegetarian meal. Jeez, now I'm hungry again!

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Had some great Indian food yesterday. The owner of the restaurant has a real passion for food and making people enjoy it. You can order a set of meals customised especially for your tastes. It's truly remarkable and delicious! Everything was perfect!

Too bad I couldn't finish it all!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Just polished off some Campbell's Chunky Chipolte Chicken & Corn Chowder soup. Yummy, and oh so stuffed.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
We grow baby eggplants in our balcony, so I'll try it with them at some point. But I wanted something bigger and meaty.

I love eggplant! I usually get the big guys, and make circle slices ~2cm thick. I lightly coat them in bread crumbs and fry in a little bit of olive oil. Then I bake with cheese on top. Serve with marinara for dipping, or with pasta. So good!

dust1n

Zindīq
I never cook, but earlier, I made Pork Ribeye smothered with onions and green peppers. Pretty proud of myself I am.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
My worst fears have been realised,my Wife bought a Turkey for todays dinner and IMO its the most flavourless meat you can buy,its not even traditional here,when i see a cooked Turkey it reminds me of National Lampoons Christmas Movie all dry and yuk,i have refused to eat it and have opted to have a sirloin steak instead.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
My worst fears have been realised,my Wife bought a Turkey for todays dinner and IMO its the most flavourless meat you can buy,its not even traditional here,when i see a cooked Turkey it reminds me of National Lampoons Christmas Movie all dry and yuk,i have refused to eat it and have opted to have a sirloin steak instead.
LOL!!!!

Wish I could invite you to eat dinner with us, our guests from France are cooking for us a traditional French dish based on beef and lard... don't think there is much room for mistake there.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
LOL!!!!

Wish I could invite you to eat dinner with us, our guests from France are cooking for us a traditional French dish based on beef and lard... don't think there is much room for mistake there.

Sounds tasty,i enjoyed my steak with peppercorn sauce and i diffused the wifes anger with a box of chocolates :D

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Just had a takeaway curry,Lamb Biriani,in my quest to become more veggie than meaty i think i will leave out the Lamb next time,i enjoyed the vegetable curry that came with it more than the Lamb.