• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your opinions on Anti-Theism?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I am aware of 'Occam's Razor'. But when there are no satisfactory explanations using scientifically accepted concepts then it becomes reasonable to consider new concepts. 'Science' must take the position that 'we don't know' sometimes but I as an individual can intelligently consider everything and believe what I find most reasonable but then I can't claim scientific proof (which I don't).

The world would be a much better place if all theists thought as clearly as you.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I am an anti-theist and just curious on the overall opinions of anti-theism by theists and nontheists

I think there is a need to challenge religion currently but I question the effectiveness of a full onslaught of total anti-theism. I am "Anti-theistic political power". But not generally anti-theistic unless it becomes harmful.

I agree. And that is not what anti-theism is all about anyway.

Well, when you attach "anti" to a word, it suggests to me that one would be open to attacking that which the party(s) is "anti" or those who believe in what the party(s) is "anti."

If people want to believe in a Deity, again, I say that they should be free to believe in that Diety. I don't know a lot about communism but if religion is not allowed in communism I wouldn't subscribe to communism.

Peace.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Well, when you attach "anti" to a word, it suggests to me that one would be open to attacking that which the party(s) is "anti" or those who believe in what the party(s) is "anti."

If people want to believe in a Deity, again, I say that they should be free to believe in that Diety. I don't know a lot about communism but if religion is not allowed in communism I wouldn't subscribe to communism.

Peace.

There is a lot of difference between anti-theism and government-backed repression of religion, because:

1. Religion and theism are very different things.

2. Anti-theism is not, and shall never be, backed by governments but rather by individuals.

3. Forbidding religion is pointless anyway. People will hold whatever beliefs they feel like holding.

People should indeed feel free to believe in deities. They should not expect everyone else to find that a good idea, though.

I don't know a lot about communism either. Maybe it is anti-theistic. I wouldn't know.