• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your opinions on Anti-Theism?

Ryujin

Dragon Worshipper
The 2nd most despised delusion next to theism is government. It does good but 90% of governments could be revamped easily. On top of this they still become cesspools for frustration and evil.

I completely agree with you in this, btw. I think that when anyone is given so much power over their fellow humans as a government or police force or military has, that it will inevitably corrupt them and they will, as you say, " become cesspools for frustration and evil."

Shad

Veteran Member
The story implied the sister was not physically with her and Kathy knew where she was

I can easily provide multiple examples but I can see with your attitude it would come to not.

My attitude is shown because you clearly have issues with comprehension of what local means. You are only seeing the result of your own inability which you display in public

That one dude...

Why should I have a faith?
Sorry if this has been covered already, but why go beyond atheism? What makes it inadequate?

To clarify, my opinion is that antitheism is unnecessary.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Sorry if this has been covered already, but why go beyond atheism? What makes it inadequate?

News flash, almost all atheists display a particular level of anti-theism. Atheism is not inadequate by the way, it is perfectly normal.

To clarify, my opinion is that antitheism is unnecessary.

Anti-theism is not unnecessary. When Creationists have children brainwashed and thinking the earth is 6,000 years old you will be asking for anti-theists to exists.

Anti-theism can be used many ways and I just so happen to promote purposeful and constructive anti-theism. If there is a moment where god can be tossed out because of various reasons I will happily do so and keep doing so until somebody can say "I have proof of god" and do so without displaying ignorance.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Science has some core values:

- evidence
- logic and reason
- finding the simplest explanations
- the joy of discovery

If you value those highly, you'll tend towards anti-theism. if you think "faith" is a higher value, you'll tend to be a theist.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

- evidence
- logic and reason
- the joy of discovery

If you value those highly, you'll tend towards anti-theism. if you think "faith" is a higher value, you'll tend to be a theist.

I share those core values and I'm a Theist (evidence based, not faith based). I believe there are a lot of phenomena 'anti-theism' does not have the most reasonable explanation.

icehorse

Premium Member
I share those core values and I'm a Theist (evidence based, not faith based). I believe there are a lot of phenomena 'anti-theism' does not have the most reasonable explanation.

I'd agree that that is a plausible stance. It sounds like new evidence could change your view, as new evidence could change mine.

Although I would say that the anti-theists I'd be most aligned with would acknowledge when they know what they don't know. For example, I'd say that no one (astrophysicists included), has a great explanation for the origin of the universe. So when a theist says that "God must have created the universe" I'd say:

- it's remotely possible that some being created the universe
- it's extremely, extremely, extremely UNLIKELY that one of the Gods that humans have described, created the universe.

Last edited:

SAHAJANANDA

Atheism may be mild expression of antitheism. Atheism is the deep longing of the human heart to free itself from the God of history,authority and religions and discover tbe God of freedom and eternity.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Atheism may be mild expression of antitheism. Atheism is the deep longing of the human heart to free itself from the God of history,authority and religions and discover tbe God of freedom and eternity.

Atheism is the rejection of god altogether, seriously stop making things up

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

- evidence
- logic and reason
- the joy of discovery

Really it all comes down to two vital things which is logic over emotions. Atheists as we all know pride themselves in the understanding and implementation of logic while theism is highly emotional.
One gets absolutely no emotional stability when they figure out there is no guiding force behind everything. As atheists we do not interpret the world to have a benevolent creator behind it. Our very lives could end at any moment and nothing will stop it.

I admit that the emotional satisfaction of having a god is very profound since it feels our urge to be cared for and have comfort regardless of circumstances. But it does not help if you find out this is not true and the main issue with theism and religion is that they have strong and almost unbreakable bonds to people's emotions.

To be an atheist yet alone an anti-theists you must be a little bit more heartless and pessimistic about life then your average fellow

icehorse

Premium Member
...To be an atheist yet alone an anti-theists you must be a little bit more heartless and pessimistic about life then your average fellow

Hmmm... I'd like to make a positive contribution to the world. Being an atheist helps keep me focused on making the most of each day. This doesn't seem pessimistic to me. :cool:

George-ananda

Premium Member
I'd agree that that is a plausible stance. It sounds like new evidence could change your view, as new evidence could change mine.

Although I would say that the anti-theists I'd be most aligned with would acknowledge when they know what they don't know. For example, I'd say that no one (astrophysicists included), has a great explanation for the origin of the universe. So when a theist says that "God must have created the universe" I'd say:

- it's remotely possible that some being created the universe
- it's extremely, extremely, extremely UNLIKELY that one of the Gods that humans have described, created the universe.

Well, I don't really give much thought to the creation of the universe question. I just consider the question unsolvable by physical evidence.

The kind of evidence I was talking about comes from the human experiences (paranormal) that cannot be understood from the anti-theist materialist position as well as considering the mystical and clairvoyant experiences of gifted spiritual masters. Those things have lead me to the worldview I consider the most reasonable.

icehorse

Premium Member
Well, I don't really give much thought to the creation of the universe question. I just consider the question unsolvable by physical evidence.

The kind of evidence I was talking about comes from the human experiences (paranormal) that cannot be understood from the anti-theist materialist position as well as considering the mystical and clairvoyant experiences of gifted spiritual masters. Those things have lead me to the worldview I consider the most reasonable.

I think the value of "simplest explanation" (i.e. "parsimony" or "Occam's razor") might be one of the trickier ones to stick to.

To me, your explanations for your examples are not the simplest explanation.

George-ananda

Premium Member
I think the value of "simplest explanation" (i.e. "parsimony" or "Occam's razor") might be one of the trickier ones to stick to.

To me, your explanations for your examples are not the simplest explanation.

I am aware of 'Occam's Razor'. But when there are no satisfactory explanations using scientifically accepted concepts then it becomes reasonable to consider new concepts. 'Science' must take the position that 'we don't know' sometimes but I as an individual can intelligently consider everything and believe what I find most reasonable but then I can't claim scientific proof (which I don't).