• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

lombas

Society of Brethren
- P.B. Shelley
- John Donne
- The battle that stopped Rome (Wells)
- Stupeur et tremblements (Nothomb)
- Obras politicas y pacifistas (Vives)
- Caesar in Gallië (Nouwen)

cardero

Citizen Mod
glamourgirls1.jpg

Glamour Girls of Sixties Hollywood by Tom Lisanti

Hardcover: 252 pages
Publisher: McFarland (September 25, 2007)
ISBN-13: 978-0786431724
During the 1960s, many models, Playboy centerfolds, beauty queens, and Las Vegas showgirls went on to become "decorative actresses" appearing scantily clad on film and television. This well illustrated homage to 75 of these glamour girls reveals their unique stories through individual biographical profiles, photographs, lists of major credits and, frequently, in-depth personal interviews. Included are Carol Wayne, Edy Williams, Inga Neilsen, Thordis Brandt, Jo Collins, Phyllis Davis, Melodie Johnson, and many equally unforgettable faces of sixties Hollywood.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I am reading "The Pillow Book" by Sei Shōnagon. I'm reading it because I have to though, for my english class. :D It's okay though. It's not too boring.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm reading the Passover Plot by Shonfield for the umpteenth time.

I'm under the impression that the man is a wealth of facts, but some of the conclusions he draws from them border on silly.

It's fun, sort of like switching back and forth between the Encyclopedia Britanica and the National Enquiror.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
A History of Zen Buddhism by Heincirch Dumoulin

The Aeneid, Virgil

The Mind of Leonardo Da Vinci, Edward McCvrdi

Megaliths, Myths, and Men, Peter Lancaster Brown

cardero

Citizen Mod
51E0KS1AWPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Fantasy Femmes of Sixties Cinema by Tom Lisanti

Hardcover: 320 pages

Publisher: McFarland(November 2000)
ISBN-13: 978-0786408689
Elvis Presley musicals, beach romps, biker flicks, and alienated youth movies were some of the most popular types of drive-in films during the sixties. The actresses interviewed for this book (including Celeste Yarnall, Lana Wood, Linda Harrison, Pamela Tiffin, Deanna Lund, Diane McBain, Judy Pace, and Chris Noel) all made their mark in these genres. These fantastic femmes could be found either twisting on the shores of Malibu, careening down the highway on a chopper, being serenaded by Elvis, or taking on the establishment as hip coeds. As cult figures, they contributed greatly to that period of filmmaking aimed at the teenage audience who frequented the drive-ins of America.They frolicked, screamed, and danced their way into B-movie history in such diverse films as Eve, Teenage Millionaire, The Girls on the Beach, Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine, Three in the Attic, Wild in the Streets, and Paradise, Hawaiian Style.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Sten. Third time Ive read this series but I recently found out there are two more books I never knew existed.

Yes Man

Premium Member
After a long and unenjoyable break, I've taken up reading again. So far I've read, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the first time. Right now I'm working on Iron Council by China Mieville. Once I finish that I'll continue my reading of the Dune series with Chapterhouse Dune.

Circle_One

I'm presently reading the Twilight Saga. I'm obsessed. I can't put it down. I read ten friggen chapters last night.

Theocan

I just finished The Nine: The secret life of the Supreme Court by Jeffery Toobin

Twilight.

I figured I might as well get on the bandwagon.
Ugh, because a lot of people are still in school. I picked up my sisters copy and started reading it... ugh.. I don't really enjoy romance novels.