• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

apophenia

I am reading two books at the moment. "Interesting Times" by Terry Pratchett, and "Zero History" by William Gibson.

Both explore the ongoing question - " Is this funny or serious ? "

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
Just finished the 'Icerigger' trilogy by Alan Dean Foster. Re-reading the 'Door into' trilogy by Diane Duane as well as working my way through a 'History of the Arab Peoples' by Hourani.

Titanic

Another kids book, How The Grinch Stole Christmas. I guess you could say I am trying to find my inner kid.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Listening to a translated version of the Canterbury Tales. Actually enjoying it; I thought it would have been more of a slog.

Reading The Island of the Day Before by Umberto Eco. He wrote the Name of the Rose, which is in my top 5. I didn't know he wrote anything else, until I happened to see his name on this one. This one is only so-so. There is much melding of philosophy and story, which I love. But it is not so fluid or understandable or relevant in this book. Also the story is moving slower than a snail. I am interested enough, but I am a little disappointed.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I've just finished China Mieville's collection of short stories, called Looking For Jake. Really an excellent read. Unique and rather original. I'm swapping with a friend for his novel Perdido Street Station, hopefully some time soon.