• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

Haryaksha

"A Storm of Swords" by George R.R. Martin...the third book in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series that the Game of Thrones television series is based on. I've watched Game of Thrones from the beginning, but only started reading the books over the last several weeks. It's great writing, and the end of this book is pretty much where the TV series is at right now. But I'm looking forward to reading the next two books after this. Then I'll join all the other book fans eagerly awaiting for Martin to finish writing the 6th book :)

Treks

I'm about 70 pages in. I'm finding it a little anti-climactic.. and the mannerisms awfully repetitive.

*pushes stray hair behind her ear*

Skwim

Veteran Member
shopping

Just started reading it (I'm only on page 66) and am almost mesmerized by the author's command of expression and his grasp of the writing craft. Even if you don't give a hoot about sculling or the 1936 Berlin Olympics the book is so well written and engrossing that it will immediately pull you into its story. It's one of those true "don't miss" books that don't come along often enough. (I've already bought three copies to give to others)

It was declared:

and deserves both. It's scheduled to be made into a movie, with Kenneth Branagh directing.

If you have a scintilla of appreciation for good (excellent) writing you have to read this one. You'll be thanking me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I checked out Barbara Ehrenreich's Bait and Switch from the library. I enjoyed her sense of sarcasm so much that I added Nickeled and Dimed to my list of things to read, even though coming from working families and being working class myself I doubt the book will have anything surprising in it.
I also checked out a book "In Sam We Trust" by Bob Ortega, the book being about Sam Walton and WalMart. Apparently Sam was so absent minded he hired someone to go retrieve guns he forgot out on the trails during his hunting trips.