• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I read a fantasy book called Mistborn: The Final Empire while on holiday. Quite a big book, took me about a week, was really gripping. I could hardly put the book down at times.

Now I'm reading the second one, Mistborn: The Well of Ascension.

Wirey

Fartist
I Will Bear Witness by Victor Klemperer. A Jew who survived WW2 living in Dresden, he kept a diary. This book is the diary. It's genuinely fascinating.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Neverness, by David Zindell

On a side note, one of my favourite authors, Robin Hobb is in town this week, at a local bookstore doing a talk. I almost weed myself when I saw the flyer. My only problem is having to decide which of the 17 books I own to get signed...

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I read a fantasy book called Mistborn: The Final Empire while on holiday. Quite a big book, took me about a week, was really gripping. I could hardly put the book down at times.

Now I'm reading the second one, Mistborn: The Well of Ascension.

One of my FAVORITE authors. I've read everything he's written so far and frankly they call get better from Mistborn (as these were early books for him.)

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Brood of Bones by AE Marling

Very interesting and different. 5 stars so far. Highly recommend.

House of the Seven Gables by Hawthorne

The Second Jungle Book by Kipling

Read the first. Might as well

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Jane Austen Pride & Prejudice...don't judge me :p

judging-you-anderson-cooper.gif

Just kidding! :p

Irrelevant point, as much as I like this GIF, I could do without the hashtag. Oh well.

GoodbyeDave

I've just got
Ramanuja's commentary on the Brahma-sutras
Drozdek's Greek philosophers as theologians
Those'll keep me quiet! And for light relief
Francis Crawford's Primadonna
Cyril Hare's Tragedy at law