• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I am reading HLA Hart's The Concept of Law. One of my most favorite books by far I must say. I am a very big fan of philosophy of of curse but primarily legal theory and jurisprudence

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
2014 Edition of Webster's Dictionary, just riveting stuff. Absolutely interesting plot lines and very well defined characters. The amount of details given behind the origins of each character is amazing and it is one of the first novels where the book explains how to pronounce them as well. This right here is just Pulitzer Prize winning stuff guys I would highly recommend anybody to read this amazing book. I never thought anybody could making such intriguing stories like this

I read that too and I agree. It has suspense, action, drama, pathos, . . .

Can't understand why they haven't made the movie yet. :shrug:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I read that too and I agree. It has suspense, action, drama, pathos, . . .

Can't understand why they haven't made the movie yet. :shrug:

I think they did, they changed the title and had none of the original cast members in it. I believe it was called Twilight or something like that

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Is it just me or has anyone else realized that if we post the exact thing we are reading now it would be this forum page? :D

I am reading the Siddur.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Is it just me or has anyone else realized that if we post the exact thing we are reading now it would be this forum page? :D

I am reading the Siddur.

Not only have I realized that, but I'm not much for reading long books, so, one book might take awhile lol..
O.k. depends on the book/

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm trying to get around to reading my chapter today from my terrorism vs democracy book, but I disagree with it on many points, it often falls short by not going into war tactics and strategies even though it discusses things such as conventional full-scale war and guerrilla tactics (which the book claims that guerrilla tactics never work), and over all it just seems to be alot of "blah blah blah" if you've already done some research and thinking into the subject.
Perhaps my biggest complaint is when this book claims the idea that "one nations terrorist in another nations freedom fighter" is a false notion for whatever reason it gave, based on the idea that these people can never be fighting against tyranny and oppression (it even describes armed insurrections against authoritarian regimes as terrorists).

Last edited: