• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

godnotgod

Thou art That
With a nut inside!....LOL!

Can you shoot a bullet and hit the target of emptiness? Emptiness has no doctrine for you to grab hold of, so where can you find fault with it? And yet, it contains Everything, even you.

'No holiness is clear, like space'

Bodhidharma

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Can you shoot a bullet and hit the target of emptiness? Emptiness has no doctrine for you to grab hold of, so where can you find fault with it? And yet, it contains Everything, even you.

'No holiness is clear, like space'

Bodhidharma

Naw...not buying that.

Someone had to be First.
That would be God.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Naw...not buying that.

Someone had to be First.
That would be God.

In order for something to be 'first', Time and Space must first exist. So are you saying that Time and Space existed before God?

Are you afraid of Emptiness, Thief?

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
God first....Spirit first...

You're arbitrarily stating that as an absolute, but for you to say 'first' there must exist a concept of 'not-first'. Therefore, 'not-first' is what defines 'first', and if it defines it, then it must have existed simultaneously when God became 'first'. In addition, by saying that God is 'first', you are actually saying that God came into existence; that God did not previously exist before he was 'first'.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You're arbitrarily stating that as an absolute, but for you to say 'first' there must exist a concept of 'not-first'. Therefore, 'not-first' is what defines 'first', and if it defines it, then it must have existed simultaneously when God became 'first'. In addition, by saying that God is 'first', you are actually saying that God came into existence; that God did not previously exist before he was 'first'.

Nay...that Someone had to be First is not arbitrary.
Indeed!...Someone had to be.

And I smell hypocrisy!
You entitle yourself to.... not born...not dead....
denying the same to Something Greater!

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
What came before the first infinity...or does that infinity exist ?
How many directions does infinity go ?
And of course the same question comes up.....what came before that ?
~
'mud

godnotgod

Thou art That
Nay...that Someone had to be First is not arbitrary.
Indeed!...Someone had to be.

You're making things up again, Thief. Why does someone have to be first, and why must there even be a 'someone' in the first place? Of course, you will just sidestep this question, or play mind games again.

And I smell hypocrisy!
You entitle yourself to.... not born...not dead....
denying the same to Something Greater!

Excuse me? Where do you see that I denied that to anyone or anything? Stop making things up!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You're making things up again, Thief. Why does someone have to be first, and why must there even be a 'someone' in the first place? Of course, you will just sidestep this question, or play mind games again.

Excuse me? Where do you see that I denied that to anyone or anything? Stop making things up!

Try not to be so evasive.

Someone had to be First.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Try not be so evasive.

Someone had to be First.

You're not thinking correctly. You are speaking from your indoctrination. There was no time or space when the BB occurred, so there cannot have been a first or last.

If you had been paying attention to theology, you would have known that the very notion of God is that It is has no beginning or end. Jesus, speaking as the divine nature itself, says
:

http://biblehub.com/revelation/22-12.htmI am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Revelation 22:13

meaning there is no first or last. The divine nature is both beginingless and endless. That is why it can be called 'eternal'.

You are trying to apply conventional wisdom to the divine nature, and it fails.

idav

Being
Premium Member
not sure about the old dude part...

Which is why I don't see why you insist "someone" had to be first. Some speaking thinking consciousness before the big bang is implausible. Consciousness evolving into existence makes more sense than some dude, just existing, and creating the singularity.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You're not thinking correctly. You are speaking from your indoctrination. There was no time or space when the BB occurred, so there cannot have been a first or last.

If you had been paying attention to theology, you would have known that the very notion of God is that It is has no beginning or end. Jesus, speaking as the divine nature itself, says
:

http://biblehub.com/revelation/22-12.htmI am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Revelation 22:13

meaning there is no first or last. The divine nature is both beginingless and endless. That is why it can be called 'eternal'.

You are trying to apply conventional wisdom to the divine nature, and it fails.

Some of what you quote is correct.
If you review your postings in this thread.....you will see you use whatever quote you care to....to your convenience.

At this point I doubt you believe in anything.
You just quote.

As for God....was, is and shall always be....
He was there at the beginning....as Creator.
Spirit first.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Which is why I don't see why you insist "someone" had to be first. Some speaking thinking consciousness before the big bang is implausible. Consciousness evolving into existence makes more sense than some dude, just existing, and creating the singularity.

The simple scheme of regression.....Someone had to be first.
and I place spirit before substance.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What came before the first infinity...or does that infinity exist ?
How many directions does infinity go ?
And of course the same question comes up.....what came before that ?
~
'mud

The singularity.

For the singularity to be truly singular a secondary point cannot be allowed.
At the same instant a secondary forms.....so too infinity.
(between any two points are an infinite number of points.)

God first....as Creator.