• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

idav

Being
Premium Member
So any scheme of regression simply doesn't work for you?

Someone had to be first.

Some thing existed once existence was an option. Did god choose to exist or god simply exists? Without god choosing to exist there is no reason to think he willed anything, once god exists that means existence is real at that point, i.e. substance.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Some thing existed once existence was an option. Did god choose to exist or god simply exists? Without god choosing to exist there is no reason to think he willed anything, once god exists that means existence is real at that point, i.e. substance.

Looks to me as the proclaimation...I AM!...to be an affirmative.

The formation of substance.....as proof.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Looks to me as the proclaimation...I AM!...to be an affirmative.
OK, decent opinion.
The formation of substance.....as proof.
Formation kinda works. There isn't any sort of ex nihilo though. Spirit is a substance or it is non-existent.

edit: Unseen is another matter, unseen doesn't mean intangible.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Thief,
Don't you think that your given thought process is somewhat circular ?
From where did your creator come, to create all that wasn't there yet ?
Don't make any sense, from one infinity to another, somewhat circular I must say. At what "point" was your creator, outside of the singularity.
Baffling at best, confusing at worst.
~
'mud

godnotgod

Thou art That
Some of what you quote is correct.
If you review your postings in this thread.....you will see you use whatever quote you care to....to your convenience.

At this point I doubt you believe in anything.
You just quote.

The quotes happen to MEAN something, Thief.

As for God....was, is and shall always be....
He was there at the beginning....as Creator.
Spirit first.

That must be true because you were there, witnessing the whole shebang in your very own little head. Blankee, please!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
hey Thief,
Don't you think that your given thought process is somewhat circular ?
From where did your creator come, to create all that wasn't there yet ?
Don't make any sense, from one infinity to another, somewhat circular I must say. At what "point" was your creator, outside of the singularity.
Baffling at best, confusing at worst.
~
'mud

The creation moves in circles.

The 'point' is the focus....yes indeed.

As soon as a secondary formed infinity came with it.
Movement from that also formed....
Outward in all directions....with a spin upon it.

I say it is the spin that proves God did it.

Without the pinch and snap of His fingers....the expansion would be no more that a hollow sphere of energy ever larger moment by moment.

It's the rotation and spin that makes the universe (one word) as we know it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
OK, decent opinion.

Formation kinda works. There isn't any sort of ex nihilo though. Spirit is a substance or it is non-existent.

edit: Unseen is another matter, unseen doesn't mean intangible.

And so some day....God will 'touch' you?

ok.....seems plausible....

Thief

Rogue Theologian

So then....the universe 'is'.....and God 'is' the Cause.....?

godnotgod

Thou art That
The creation moves in circles.

Your MIND is moving in circles! :facepalm:

I say it is the spin that proves God did it.

Without the pinch and snap of His fingers....the expansion would be no more that a hollow sphere of energy ever larger moment by moment.
Those are some BIG mother jumping fingers! One day, God is going to put the finger on you, buddy, then *SNAP* *CRACKLE* *POP*, and: "Where were YOU on the night of the Big Bang? It'll all be over in the snap of a finger, or in the sound of one hand clapping.

You know? To have a *snap*, you've got to have an atmosphere for sound to travel in. There was no such atmosphere, was there? Was there, Thief? You're just making things up in that child head of yours again, aren't you, creating God in the images your mind concocts. Wheeeeee!

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
So then....the universe 'is'.....and God 'is' the Cause.....?

Whatever caused itself which would have to be just existence, existing, being.

"To be is to be perceived" but no sense organs are necessary, cause and effect is all that is needed.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Existing would be the first cause.

Cause and effect is a matter of change, things do change.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Whatever caused itself which would have to be just existence, existing, being.

"To be is to be perceived" but no sense organs are necessary, cause and effect is all that is needed.

Hence that primordial proclamation....'I AM!'....

idav

Being
Premium Member
Does something necessarily have a cause simply because it exists, or seems to exist?

I think just existing would be cause for something. Could be just static but thats hard to conceptualize something being (adj) without being(verb).