• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That you think that is ego.

All I want is for you to show me this so called "I" you claim exists. So far, after many posts, you have failed, and can only try to put it on me. There is no such claim being made on this end of the conversation, so there is no "I" here whose existence I need to demonstrate.

Denial says that what actually exists does not.
Negation is to demonstrate the illusory nature of something.

At least, these are my working definitions.

Too bad they don't really work......
really!

godnotgod

Thou art That
I can deny 'you'.
I can because 'you' do it to 'yourself'!

That which is non-existent cannot be denied; it can only be negated.

Since there is no such "I" on this side of your screen, the question as to its existence does not pertain; it pertains only to your side of the screen.

Who, or what, is this "I" you continue to say is real?

One more try, and then I will conclude that you have failed to demonstrate its existence, it being only a self-created principle; a complete illusion; a total fraud.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
"all", "I", "you", "us", "we", "them", "fabric", "self", "substrate", "backround", "agent", and of course GNG's "consciousness".
All these factors are included in one own's gnosis of everything that exists around, and in, us.
I think the most important factor is the "us" of what we all feel as true existence.
The are are a lot of people that want, or desire, to carry those factors with them.
They believe in after life existences, I wish them well in their wishes, or prayers.
Some of us are happy to have lived in the existence we experience in the "now", as it wizzes by.
~
But what does that all have to do with the "before the Big Bang" fiascal ?
~
Maybe it all belongs in the after death thread ? Ya think ?
~
And Thief never answered the question (welll..several of them) starting with:
"How old is the Judeo/Christian God"
~
I'm done now, go back to your quibbling.
~
'mud

godnotgod

Thou art That
"all", "I", "you", "us", "we", "them", "fabric", "self", "substrate", "backround", "agent", and of course GNG's "consciousness".
All these factors are included in one own's gnosis of everything that exists around, and in, us.
I think the most important factor is the "us" of what we all feel as true existence.
The are are a lot of people that want, or desire, to carry those factors with them.
They believe in after life existences, I wish them well in their wishes, or prayers.
Some of us are happy to have lived in the existence we experience in the "now", as it wizzes by.
~
But what does that all have to do with the "before the Big Bang" fiascal ?
~
Maybe it all belongs in the after death thread ? Ya think ?
~
And Thief never answered the question (welll..several of them) starting with:
"How old is the Judeo/Christian God"
~
I'm done now, go back to your quibbling.
~
'mud

The traces of experience are not the experience, nor are they the experiencer we call "I" that we think they are.

factseeker88

factseeker88

Denial says that what actually exists does not.
Negation is to demonstrate the illusory nature of something.

At least, these are my working definitions.

I agree with your first part, but have issues with the second part.

Illusion is perceptive, not the same for everyone, and illusions can only be believed, not be demonstrated.

:yes::yes::yes:

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No lesson is so deeply inculcated by the experience of life as that you should NEVER TRUST EXPERTS” Lord Salisbury[/FONT]

"QUESTION EVERYTHING." TV Science channel

godnotgod

Thou art That
I agree with your first part, but have issues with the second part.

Illusion is perceptive, not the same for everyone, and illusions can only be believed, not be demonstrated.

Yes, but once the illusion is detected, that which it represented as being real, can then be negated.

godnotgod

Thou art That
And in the negation you then have reality.
Reality will prove greater.

Let it happen.

God did.

Yes, that is correct. Negation of the illusory "I" leaves Reality, which is simply seeing things as they are, without a see-er of Reality.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Nay!....
God said .....I AM!....and reality took hold!

I see. So Reality did not exist before that, meaning that God is not real. Very good, Thief....very good.

I think what took hold is your delusion and has refused to let go to this day.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Something 'unreal' cannot create.

duh

Duh yourself. You are the one that said God created reality, which, if we are being logical, can only mean that reality did not exist prior to that creation, and if that is the case, then God cannot have been real either. You are stuck, Thief. No way out.
Checkmate.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Duh yourself. You are the one that said God created reality, which, if we are being logical, can only mean that reality did not exist prior to that creation, and if that is the case, then God cannot have been real either. You are stuck, Thief. No way out.
Checkmate.

Never.
You can't move past your own existence.
How then to deal with anything Greater?

I'm not the one who is stuck.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Never.
You can't move past your own existence.
How then to deal with anything Greater?

I'm not the one who is stuck.

This post proves you're stuck, and going round in circles.

Checkmate, mate. Game Over. Tilt.

End of discussion.
:beach:

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian

This post proves you're stuck, and going round in circles.

Checkmate, mate. Game Over. Tilt.

End of discussion.
:beach:

Oh no you don't.....you didn't prove anything.

And 'you' can't help 'yourself'.
'You' will post again.

We are not playing chess.....just your taste for word salad.

Pass the mayo.