• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief, assume that I'm slow in understanding others.

What do you exactly mean when you quote "I AM!"?

It was the manner of which God did answer the question....whose law is this?

And Moses was told.....
Tell the people...I Am!....and they that understand will know whose law this is!

It was the manner of which God did answer the question....whose law is this?

And Moses was told.....
Tell the people...I Am!....and they that understand will know whose law this is!

How do... you... know that... god... told... Moses "I... am"...?
Because you...'ve... read it... in the... bible? So... how... do you... know... that the... bible is... reliable?
I... have never... heard... god... tell me... "I am...". And even... if he... did... this wouldn't... tell me...anything... because... even I... can.... say "I...am".

Thief

Rogue Theologian
How do... you... know that... god... told... Moses "I... am"...?
Because you...'ve... read it... in the... bible? So... how... do you... know... that the... bible is... reliable?
I... have never... heard... god... tell me... "I am...". And even... if he... did... this wouldn't... tell me...anything... because... even I... can.... say "I...am".

In making jest........................it is clear you DO understand.
and therefore no excuse before heaven.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Show me how God is NOT a circle whose circumference is endless and whose center is everywhere.

Even if the circumference of the circle was infinite then the center would still be the center. I can have a circle who, theoretically, exists with an infinite dimensions. However because there are different degrees of infinity (as can be proven through math) there is still a center. A very specific infinitely small center.

For example even if the radius is infinity the diameter would still be twice as long. Therefore it would have to still be the same in all directions. The infinity of the radius would have to be equal to all sides of a single point and the diameter would have to be the an infinity that is functionally double. And the circumference and volume subsequently so.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Even if the circumference of the circle was infinite then the center would still be the center. I can have a circle who, theoretically, exists with an infinite dimensions. However because there are different degrees of infinity (as can be proven through math) there is still a center. A very specific infinitely small center.

For example even if the radius is infinity the diameter would still be twice as long. Therefore it would have to still be the same in all directions. The infinity of the radius would have to be equal to all sides of a single point and the diameter would have to be the an infinity that is functionally double. And the circumference and volume subsequently so.

Is every point in the universe a center?

godnotgod

Thou art That
That would be how it works. And possible to get to that center from any point in our spacetime.

You see, the mystics have been laughing at our puny attempts with outdated space hardware all this time. They know that they are already everywhere at once. But that's what happens when you stand absolutely still.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Ahhhhhh yes, true randomicity.
non connecting circles into infinity.
Infinite centers one on another.
Seems to be causing a spiral to the end of 'time' doesn't it ?
Who really knows.
~
'mud

godnotgod

Thou art That
Who really knows.
~
'mud

The great man, the great man
Historians his memory
Artists, his senses, thinkers, his brain
Labourers, his growth, explorers, his limbs
And soldiers his death each second
And mystics his rebirth each second
Businessmen, his nervous system
No-hustle men his stomach
Astrologers, his balance, lovers, his loins
His skin it is all patchy
But soon will reach one glowing hue
God is his soul, infinity, his goal
The mystery, his source
And civilisation, he leaves behind
Opinions are his fingernails

The great ship, the ship of the world, long time sailing
Mariners, mariners, gather your skills

Jesus and Hitler and Richard, the lion heart
Three kings and Moses and Queen Cleopatra
The Cobbler, the maiden, the mender and the maker
The sickener and the twitcher and the glad undertaker
The shepherd of willows
The harper and the archer

All sat down in one boat together
Troubled voyage in calm weather

Maya, Maya,

All this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player :);)

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Who really knows.
~
'mud

Finally....someone smart enough to mention spirals....and use semi-quotes on the word....'time'.

Atta boy!

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Is every point in the universe a center?

They are at the center of their visible universe yes. But that does not make them the center of "the" universe. The reason why they are at the center of their own visible universe's is because there is a limit to the speed of light. There is light that still hasn't reached us and those "rays" of light (remember the mathematical term for a ray? Its important in this discussion) creates a radius in all directions that give us the spherical version of our visible universe. But there is no "actual" center to the universe.

godnotgod

Thou art That
They are at the center of their visible universe yes. But that does not make them the center of "the" universe. The reason why they are at the center of their own visible universe's is because there is a limit to the speed of light. There is light that still hasn't reached us and those "rays" of light (remember the mathematical term for a ray? Its important in this discussion) creates a radius in all directions that give us the spherical version of our visible universe. But there is no "actual" center to the universe.

...which is only to say that every point is A center, but not THE center, as in:

"...whose center is everywhere."

Thief

Rogue Theologian
...which is only to say that every point is A center, but not THE center, as in:

"...whose center is everywhere."

and there are many gods, but only One Almighty!

"you" might see it....but 'I' think 'you' are coming around.

Enlightenment is pending!
Go for it!

TurkeyOnRye

Do you believe in the Big Bang?

Do you think it was a superior being who created the Big Bang?

Do you think the multiverse theory is a good explanation?

Was it something else?

The big bang is a non-causal event. Nothing created it or triggered it to happen. Cause and effect do not factor into the equation. Cause and effect is purely a human perspective.