• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Think about the spirit thought you're having for a second.

The spirit is eternal, infinite, without beginning, without end.

We are spirits. Which would mean that we are eternal, infinite, without beginning, without end, and we're part of God.

Yes, no?

Well....no.
God is Creator.....was...is....forever.

As creation, we've had a beginning in substance.
As assemblies.....we can fail to continue.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Well....no.
God is Creator.....was...is....forever.
Then there wasn't nothing, there was something. And the world was created within that something. Before our universe, God was everything. There can't be anything outside everything, and there can't be nothing where there is something. So our universe is within God.

As creation, we've had a beginning in substance.
As assemblies.....we can fail to continue.
All is changing, all the time, eternal spinning. There is no finger snapping. We're constantly in the snap, for infinite time.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
And once again.......
what's the container...
made of what unknown substance,
that entity that contained everything,
nothingness, the singularity, even Theif's God.
~
Ahhhh...the glory of the Cosmos.
~
'mud

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I'm curious...
why says the Cosmos has to "spin" ?
~
Who said that, and why ?
~
Where's the beginning in this synopsis.
~
'mud

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Do you suppose the spinning and changing is a serious spinning and changing, or could it be playful?

I'm a person who can joke during a serious conversation. I used to be known for being able to flip between seriousness and playfulness easily.

So I'd say both.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Then there wasn't nothing, there was something. And the world was created within that something. Before our universe, God was everything. There can't be anything outside everything, and there can't be nothing where there is something. So our universe is within God.

All is changing, all the time, eternal spinning. There is no finger snapping. We're constantly in the snap, for infinite time.

Take better aim...I am sure you can.

Have you been talking to Godnotgod?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'm curious...
why says the Cosmos has to "spin" ?
~
Who said that, and why ?
~
Where's the beginning in this synopsis.
~
'mud

I say it has to spin.
If the bang had been a simple 'bang'....It would have been a hollow sphere of energy expanding like any other explosion.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I'm a person who can joke during a serious conversation. I used to be known for being able to flip between seriousness and playfulness easily.

So I'd say both.

I'd say it's serious if it is a product of thought, but playful if spontaneously generated. But if serious, then what is the logic of countless stars, planets, and galaxies, for no real purpose? On Earth, there is great variety, again, for no real purpose, although it is admitted that a certain amount is necessary for balance. But even so, what, if serious, is the notion behind the seriousness? It may as well never have come into being

I's say it appears 'serious' in the same sense that an actor plays a role so intently, THAT HE BELIEVES HE IS THAT CHARACTER!

And so, we scratch our head and pretend we don't know, but that, too, is all part of a superb act.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
And once again.......
what's the container...
made of what unknown substance,
that entity that contained everything,
nothingness, the singularity, even Theif's God.
~
Ahhhh...the glory of the Cosmos.
~
'mud

Container? There is no such container, other than the mind, which itself is an illusion.

There is contain-ment without a contain-er.

The universe is 'empty, and it's full of stars'.

All things are empty.

Because there is nothing, there can be everything.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Religious often place deities in the gaps of their knowledge.

Me, I think its safe to say we dont know what happened before the BB.

Bif difference there.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I would say my beliefs are assembled with cause.....logic.
There won't be any evidence.

I think we've all heard me say so.....at least a hundred times by now.

Logic, minus any evidence to support it, is nothing more than just pure speculation. To me, it's best to go with logic backed by evidence, but if that evidence is lacking, there's nothing wrong with saying "I don't know" if we really don't know.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Logic, minus any evidence to support it, is nothing more than just pure speculation. To me, it's best to go with logic backed by evidence, but if that evidence is lacking, there's nothing wrong with saying "I don't know" if we really don't know.

However, it is this very 'I don't know' mind that is the pathway to the realization of Enlightenment, which is the knowledge of the nature of Reality beyond logic. The 'I don't know' mind is the end of thinking and the beginning, or resumption, of seeing.

Last edited:

Gordian Knot

Being Deviant IS My Art.
GNG, your statement holds no logic in my opinion. In theory I understand the 'I don't know mind' / Enlightenment connection.

It's a variation of the concept stop seeking and ye shall find.

The reality though is that accepting the 'I don't know' philosophy has only lead to ignorance. Look at the state of people in America these days. Their 'right' to their opinion trumps any facts to the contrary. Which has made too many of us unwitting pawns of those with agendas that are against our well being.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

There won't be a photo, fingerprint, equation, or experiment.
No evidence.

You just have to think about it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Container? There is no such container, other than the mind, which itself is an illusion.

There is contain-ment without a contain-er.

The universe is 'empty, and it's full of stars'.

All things are empty.

Because there is nothing, there can be everything.

After the big bang, the universe is all that CAN be contained.

And if you're the only Voice in that container......it's solitude confinement.
No matter how large the container might be.

godnotgod

Thou art That
GNG, your statement holds no logic in my opinion. In theory I understand the 'I don't know mind' / Enlightenment connection.

It's a variation of the concept stop seeking and ye shall find.

The reality though is that accepting the 'I don't know' philosophy has only lead to ignorance. Look at the state of people in America these days. Their 'right' to their opinion trumps any facts to the contrary. Which has made too many of us unwitting pawns of those with agendas that are against our well being.

You misunderstand. Opinion is still the product of thinking. Your example of life in America, while accurate, is using 'I don't know' still within the realm of the thinking mind. What I am referring to is a state of consciousness in which all avenues of thought have been exhausted, leading to a mind empty of all thought, opinion, idea, belief, etc, so that one can then begin to SEE, rather than to think. Enlightenment is not thinking about how things are; it is seeing things as they are.

BTW, the concept is not 'stop seeking and ye shall find', but 'seek and ye shall find'.

However, it's more like: '

'Stop seeking and what you are seeking will find you':D

Last edited:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Before the supposed "Bang", where was the god of all that believe,
inside the "containment", or "container", or outside of it ?
Was this entity now known as "god",nothingness or everyness ?
~
I think the preist that wrote this synopsis was stangely minded at best.
But....there had to be beginning....doesn't there ?
I know, I know.....God did it !
~
still confused am I !
~
'mud