• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Causes Heterosexuality? Is it a choice?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
It is most certainly a choice. In fact, the most hardcore straight men I know have to fight themselves off all those filthy sexy gay men almost daily. Poor straight guys. :(

And as we all know they were probably molested by their mothers as children.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It is most certainly a choice. In fact, the most hardcore straight men I know have to fight themselves off all those filthy sexy gay men almost daily. Poor straight guys. :(

I've long suspected a much.

apophenia

If it is a choice, then, in a world with mounting population pressure, it is a selfish and irresponsible choice.

If less of the world's population was hetero, then we would see a welcome drop in population growth, particularly if there was a much lower percentage of heteros amongst Indians, Chinese and Muslims.

A global education program is needed.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member

Do you mean the straight guys have to fend off the sexual advances of the gay men, or they have to restrain themselves from lusting after the gay men?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If it is a choice, then, in a world with mounting population pressure, it is a selfish and irresponsible choice.

If less of the world's population was hetero, then we would see a welcome drop in population growth, particularly if there was a much lower percentage of heteros amongst Indians, Chinese and Muslims.

A global education program is needed.

Indeed, all that may save humanity is the widespread adoption of homosexuality.

apophenia

Indeed, all that may save humanity is the widespread adoption of homosexuality.

The environmental benefit would also be increased if everybody also chose to become much less motivated and ambitious. The population must learn that not only is heterosexuality a selfish irresponsible choice, but also consumerism and the desire for displays of wealth and power are big drains on resources.

What the world sorely needs is a population of primitive demotivated homosexuals who turn their back on modern economics, and shun religion and every form of social approval.

We need to undermine the whole basis of the marketplace, and reproduction is just one of the 'drivers' of this catastrophic social and environmental malfunction.

Maya3

Of course it is a choice.
I have never been attracted to anyone. I decided to marry my husband because it is a neat thing to do. He seemed sweet, most other people did too, but I picked the one I have. I guess it was just coincidence why he was the one.

Maya

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What the world sorely needs is a population of primitive demotivated homosexuals who turn their back on modern economics, and shun religion and every form of social approval.

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about closeted Southern Baptist preachers, but then you mentioned shunning religion, and I don't think closeted Southern Baptist preachers shun religion.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
The environmental benefit would also be increased if everybody also chose to become much less motivated and ambitious. The population must learn that not only is heterosexuality a selfish irresponsible choice, but also consumerism and the desire for displays of wealth and power are big drains on resources.

We need to undermine the whole basis of the marketplace, and reproduction is just one of the 'drivers' of this catastrophic social and environmental malfunction.
Sounds rather ambitious to me! :p

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
It comes naturally, just like homosexuality and bisexuality and pansexuality and all the others. But why do we need all these labels? This is exactly what separates us. There are people biased against gays, biased FOR gays, then there are people who really don't care if you're gay or not. Why not be like that?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Bisexuality I suspect is the default, in some moment we make a (very unconscious) "choice" .

I dont think this choice can be made consciously.

I think as I do given ancient greece where most men were bisexual.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
I agree with Gjallarhorn, actually.

I don't know though if it has to be 'straight' men lusting for 'gay' men...
I think it's safe to just say men and leave it at that.

There are at least a million times that I've been on a construction site and thought:
"If I was a lady I would totally get getting strutted in front of right now!"

(And wish I could tell them, more often, that I wish they were.... case in point)

That is just one instance.
I have many tales of confusion about when I wear my hair in french braided pig-tails.... :)

So in that way, I feel it's often a choice to refrain from mixing it up sexually with the same sex,
than it is to have sex with the opposite sex.

I guess one of my examples was more about unconscious strutting,
whereas the pig-tails seems like straight confusion.... (no pun).

Me though... I am what I am.

I definitely chose to marry my Wife, but that had more to do with who she was, before what equipment she had.
But I have no qualms about saying there are times before our marriage that I chose otherwise ;)

Skwim

Veteran Member
I know that if women didn't have those bumps on the front of them I would have chosen the love that dare not speak its name. :shrug: