• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Causes Heterosexuality? Is it a choice?

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
LoL..... exactly.

>.> looks at the dude that insisted I get a piggy back ride in the bar last weekend. <.<

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is heterosexuality a choice? What causes it?
I'm not sure what it feels like to be only attracted to one gender and not the other.

I have a preference between the genders which I did not select and most likely cannot change, but the idea of being attracted to one and repulsed by the other is foreign to me. I suppose biology could have imposed that attraction on me had something been different, though.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm not sure what it feels like to be only attracted to one gender and not the other.

I have a preference between the genders which I did not select and most likely cannot change, but the idea of being attracted to one and repulsed by the other is foreign to me. I suppose biology could have imposed that attraction on me had something been different, though.

Well, with me, it's not a matter of being attracted to one and repulsed by the other. It's more a matter of being passionately attracted to one and indifferent to the other.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, with me, it's not a matter of being attracted to one and repulsed by the other. It's more a matter of being passionately attracted to one and indifferent to the other.
That's basically how it is for me too.

I'm very attracted to one gender and have rather limited attraction and usually indifference towards the other gender.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Homosexuality appears to, generally, not be a choice. However, to be fair, stubborn attachment to willful ignorance doesn't appear to be a choice in most cases either.

dust1n

Zindīq
Every day I wake up and think to myself, "Today, are we going to be attracted to men or to women?" And I always make a clearly conscious choice of women.

Draka

Wonder Woman
If heterosexuality is a choice, so-called "straight" women aren't nearly as smart as we claim ourselves to be.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
There must be a lot of severely sexually repressed and frustrated religious people if they're forcing themselves to choose not to be homosexual. Actually, this corresponds with reality pretty well in a number of ways.