• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Causes Heterosexuality? Is it a choice?

Maya3

Does your husband know that you weren't attracted to him? Do you think it bothers him?

How could it? Heterosexuality is a choice, so he obviously chose to be straight and choose to be with me also. It´s not like he has ever been attracted to anyone.

Maya

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
How could it? Heterosexuality is a choice, so he obviously chose to be straight and choose to be with me also. It´s not like he has ever been attracted to anyone.

Maya
And you chose to be straight, too?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Oh of course! :D

Maya
So when exactly did you make this choice? How old were you and what factors went into your decision? Did you weigh the pros and cons of chosing to be straight or gay? How did you eventually decide which to be?

Maya3

So when exactly did you make this choice? How old were you and what factors went into your decision? Did you weigh the pros and cons of chosing to be straight or gay? How did you eventually decide which to be?

I was being sarcastic. I was trying to illustrate how silly it is when people say that being gay is a choice.

If it was a choice, no one would be attracted to anyone and could just choose whom to be with.
But most people feel attraction to either one or the other gender, or to both.

Most people feel attracted to the person they end up with. And most have been attracted to many before they settle with someone.
That is how you know that you ARE gay, straight or bi. You do not choose it.

It is insulting to tell gay people that they choose to be gay.
Only someone who have never felt attraction to anyone could one day wake up and say: "Ok I´m going to choose to be straight/gay today.

Maya

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I was being sarcastic. I was trying to illustrate how silly it is when people say that being gay is a choice.

If it was a choice, no one would be attracted to anyone and could just choose whom to be with.
But most people feel attraction to either one or the other gender, or to both.

Most people feel attracted to the person they end up with. And most have been attracted to many before they settle with someone.
That is how you know that you ARE gay, straight or bi. You do not choose it.

It is insulting to tell gay people that they choose to be gay.
Only someone who have never felt attraction to anyone could one day wake up and say: "Ok I´m going to choose to be straight/gay today.

Maya

Completely agree.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
:sorry1: Gotcha! Next time use a winking smilie (;)). It makes it a whole lot easier for people to know whether you're being sarcastic or not.

That is how you know that you ARE gay, straight or bi. You do not choose it.... It is insulting to tell gay people that they choose to be gay.
:yes: I'm glad to hear you say that.

Is heterosexuality a choice? What causes it?

If it were a choice than you are implying that all people are equally attracted to both sexes and at some point they choose to pick one sex over another and thus its a choice. When did they make that choice? Are they still questioning their decision?

If you demand it is a choice are you struggling with the choice you made?

What if it is a choice for some people and they really don't care... What then? (there are actually bi-sexual people who date both males and females indiscriminately right? Are you just trying to pick on them and make them explain themselves?)

What causes heterosexuality? I am not sure that is a real question. Seems like fishing for people to troll. Whatever floats your boat Sunstone. :run:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If it were a choice than you are implying that all people are equally attracted to both sexes and at some point they choose to pick one sex over another and thus its a choice. When did they make that choice? Are they still questioning their decision?

If you demand it is a choice are you struggling with the choice you made?

What if it is a choice for some people and they really don't care... What then? (there are actually bi-sexual people who date both males and females indiscriminately right? Are you just trying to pick on them and make them explain themselves?)

What causes heterosexuality? I am not sure that is a real question. Seems like fishing for people to troll. Whatever floats your boat Sunstone. :run:

Your accusations are not only based on false assumptions about me, but are foolish to boot since you quite obviously don't know me well enough to indulge yourself in such asinine speculations. But rest assured. You've made quite a first impression on me. One I won't likely forget.

Your accusations are not only based on false assumptions about me, but are foolish to boot since you quite obviously don't know me well enough to indulge yourself in such asinine speculations.

You seem very sure of yourself. ;) I actually feel like I touched a nerve somehow. I understand you often make posts to inspire people to think but also don't think you saw my post as one intended to make you do so.

Again, whatever floats your boat. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You seem very sure of yourself. ;) I actually feel like I touched a nerve somehow. I understand you often make posts to inspire people to think but also don't think you saw my post as one intended to make you do so.

Again, whatever floats your boat. :)

I loathe people who put words in my mouth or ascribe motives to me that I do not have. Yes, that touches a nerve.

I loathe people who put words in my mouth or ascribe motives to me that I do not have. Yes, that touches a nerve.

What words did I put in your mouth? Active listening prescribes repeating what I heard back to the speaker as I heard it to verify we are both on the same page.

And loathing random people on the internet you have never met nor seem to understand does not seem healthy.

Honestly if you take a few minutes to process you would see I am right there with you and supporting you but pointing out a few obvious logic flaws.

But if it makes you feel better you can hate me. (That is what you meant by loathing people right....)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What words did I put in your mouth? Active listening prescribes repeating what I heard back to the speaker as I heard it to verify we are both on the same page.

And loathing random people on the internet you have never met nor seem to understand does not seem healthy.

Honestly if you take a few minutes to process you would see I am right there with you and supporting you but pointing out a few obvious logic flaws.

But if it makes you feel better you can hate me. (That is what you meant by loathing people right....)

It's my impression that you've accused me of trolling.

It's my impression that you've accused me of trolling.

Do you really want to know if people think heterosexuality a choice and what causes it or do you already know it is not a choice?

I think people who honestly would question whether heterosexuality is a choice are probably bi-sexual and truly curious. I don't think you created this thread as a bi-sexual person truly curious as to why people chose heterosexuality. I think you know it is for most people not a choice and trying to create a thread to promote deeper understanding of the subject.

At the same time people will respond who do not realize your question is not an honest one. You are not truly walking around your entire life and wondering this... At least I don't think so. Some people indeed call that trolling. A lot of your posts are like that right? Sarcastic or just really plain silly? It is really not bad but I don't think you are sincere in every question you pose. I think you are posting these threads to evoke a certain response and I often find you get what you want and usually your posts work out for the better of this forum and for most people.

So are you occasionally trolling? Yep. But I think you are trolling with a positive purpose in mind and I respect that. If you don't get that then I am probably missing something and maybe you should enlighten me.