• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Causes Heterosexuality? Is it a choice?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Do you really want to know if people think heterosexuality a choice and what causes it or do you already know it is not a choice?

I think people who honestly would question whether heterosexuality is a choice are probably bi-sexual and truly curious. I don't think you created this thread as a bi-sexual person truly curious as to why people chose heterosexuality. I think you know it is for most people not a choice and trying to create a thread to promote deeper understanding of the subject.

At the same time people will respond who do not realize your question is not an honest one. You are not truly walking around your entire life and wondering this... At least I don't think so. Some people indeed call that trolling. A lot of your posts are like that right? Sarcastic or just really plain silly? It is really not bad but I don't think you are sincere in every question you pose. I think you are posting these threads to evoke a certain response and I often find you get what you want and usually your posts work out for the better of this forum and for most people.

So are you occasionally trolling? Yep. But I think you are trolling with a positive purpose in mind and I respect that. If you don't get that then I am probably missing something and maybe you should enlighten me.

Thanks for the clarification of what you meant by "trolling". My apologies for assuming I knew what you meant without double-checking.

Last edited:

apophenia

More pleasure than other type of sexualities.. i think :D

So you don't enjoy your homosexual activity as much as your heterosexual activity ?

Or because men don't have boobs ?

Just kidding Chinu. But I think if you ask homosexuals about that you might find they disagree with you.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Do you really want to know if people think heterosexuality a choice and what causes it or do you already know it is not a choice?

I think people who honestly would question whether heterosexuality is a choice are probably bi-sexual and truly curious. I don't think you created this thread as a bi-sexual person truly curious as to why people chose heterosexuality.
Alright, what about asexuals? How does a low sex drive interact with choice?

chinu

chinu
So you don't enjoy your homosexual activity as much as your heterosexual activity ?

Or because men don't have boobs ?
The question was what causes hetrosexuatily, rather than what makes you heterosexual. :)
Just kidding Chinu. But I think if you ask homosexuals about that you might find they disagree with you.
What's a big deal, Yes, they will disagree with me because they find more pleasure in homosexuality :shrug:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Is heterosexuality a choice? What causes it?

I think people are wired that way. And someone who is heterosexual will not always be exsclusively so. It's not a club. :)

Why are any of us the way we are? I think it's a combo of chemicals, genetics, environmental influences and other factors. I think that people are naturally heterosexual as people are naturally homosexual or bi-sexual.

Does it really matter why? I don't think so. We should like who we are. You should like who you are, Sunstone! :D