• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Jesus Look Like?

Theunis

I have repeated to you add nauseam, universities and professors and scholars supply credible information.

Not blogs and forums. :rolleyes:
I have repeated to you add nauseam, universities and professors and scholars supply credible information.

Now where did that come from? Oh hello mr strawman up to your old tricks I see.
Let's twist again like we did last summer. Twisting time is here again. Hey Chubby Checker why don't you check these people out. They twist what you say instead of their hips.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Thanks for the link.
It may not say so in the version of the bible you are quoting, but it sure does so in the two bibles I mentioned.
One source is never sufficient when studying for a degree. Some Universities insist on a minimum of five. I have a twohundred page book by Dr Lyall Watson covering various subjects. He gives 146 references. I of course do not require so many:)

I looked it up in the Hebrew.

If your Bible has his wife, - they have altered what the text actually says.

Theunis

Now where did that come from? Oh hello mr strawman up to your old tricks I see.
Let's twist again like we did last summer. Twisting time is here again. Hey Chubby Checker why don't you check these people out. They twist what you say instead of their hips.

To be frank you were making me gag with your doggedness.:p

You were merely using strawman tactics!

Yeah like the lecturer who a few years ago said energy cannot be diverted/reflected. Funny that even before he said so I already used a parabolic reflector to cook a meal.

Or those scientists who said there is nothing but a vacuum in outer space. They were proven wrong by the ancient definition of god - be it pantheistic or from the bible and Hindu teachings concernig Ishwara - Scientists confirmed that it was teaming with invisible atoms, sub-atomic particles, photons etc and a myriad of magnetic fields.
In the process the thoughts of many atheists about - if you cannot see it, smell it, eat it drink it, sleep with it or touch it, it does not exist - was shattered but like in old times the flat earth belief is still with them even when their god named science placed new evidence before them.
Don't come with the story of updating their knowledge For it would only be poor rhetoric and fallacious conclusions.. Others found the truth and others already knew the truth.

Last edited:

Theunis

Back then he would probably looked like a smelly slob, with the stink of camel poo on him, lets be real here.
I cannot agree. He may have smelt of myrhh and other sweet smelling wood for he was a carpenter. Nowhere is he described as a slob or herder.

Theunis

I looked it up in the Hebrew.

If your Bible has his wife, - they have altered what the text actually says.

Two different bibles from worlds apart?
Which version of the bible did you originally quote ?
But okay the one in my language was translated from the original Greek.

But why go on and on about this. It does not put money in our pockets or increase our height by a few inches! Of course the ego may be involved and insists on it being correct. But I have no ego only the balance of yin and yang is mine.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Two different bibles from worlds apart?
Which version of the bible did you originally quote ?
But okay the one in my language was translated from the original Greek..
But why go on and on about this. Believe me as far as I am concerned the matter is closed.

No the matter is NOT closed!

The Isaiah text is in Hebrew, not Greek.

The original Hebrew text does not have the word wife!

SO! Any translation using that word is wrong.

Theunis

No the matter is NOT closed!

The Isaiah text is in Hebrew, not Greek.

The original Hebrew text does not have the word wife!

SO! Any translation using that word is wrong.

I edited my last two posts while you were apparently typing your reply. Do not expect any further discourse on this specific subject from me. There is no profit from it.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Sis and pooh to you and your reference to proud. I was referring to the bible and what it says he was. Shall I quote the relevant passages?
I don't really care what you believe, common sense tells me that he did smell like the back side of a camel.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
It says his wife about the second son and that is who I was talking about. They do not mention any other birth.

You said - "Apart from the uncertainty concerning Isaiah's second child Immanuel,..."

There is no "wife" in the Immanuel verses.

You keep saying it says - wife - in your bible. - Prove it. What Bible are you using? Have you bothered to look up the text in Hebrew? There are many on-line Bible resources.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I edited my last two posts while you were apparently typing your reply. Do not expect any further discourse on this specific subject from me. There is no profit from it.

Unfortunately such is often people's end reply, - rather than just admitting they were mistaken.

Theunis

I don't really care what you believe, common sense tells me that he did smell like the back side of a camel.
Dear me it has nothing to do with what I believe, I merely face the facts that he was said to be a carpenter and common sense should thus tell you that you should reconsider your conclusion.

A painter smells of paint, a cook smells of the odours of his kitchen, a mechanic smells of oil and grease. Surely this is not so hard to understand or are you prejudiced against all Jews and wish to label them in accordance with your own prejuice-dices (N.B. deliberate misspelling) because some of them have a body odour juiced with the pong of garlic:)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Yep. I get a kick out of what people believe - from tradition - rather than looking closely at what the Bible says.

For instance we get this idea of a gentle, loving, teacher.

The Bible actually tells us that he was rabble rousing at the Synagogues, and had to duck and run several times. He used a whip on people in two recorded verses. They packed short close fighting swords. And at least two of his disciples have names relating to known guerrilla groups of that time.

Theunis

Yep. I get a kick out of what people believe - from tradition - rather than looking closely at what the Bible says.

For instance we get this idea of a gentle, loving, teacher.

The Bible actually tells us that he was rabble rousing at the Synagogues, and had to duck and run several times. He used a whip on people in two recorded verses. They packed short close fighting swords. And at least two of his disciples have names relating to known guerrilla groups of that time.

Unsubstantiated claims

Theunis

Unfortunately such is often people's end reply, - rather than just admitting they were mistaken.

I mentioned two bibles that you chose to ignore.
I asked which bible you originally quoted. You chose to ignore this request.
Later you frantically sought another source - Hebrew - and are you now trying to say this was your source

You may be on an ego trip. I am not!

Last edited: