• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Jesus Look Like?

Theunis

If you read the first post you made, you will note that you did make the remark that I had defended Outhouse and that furthermore, anyone doing as you note in the second remark is not worthy of respect. I imagine this clears things up about that, non?
No! You are merely muddying the waters,

I said you jumped in and defended Outhouse without knowing what it was about.
Then in a new paragraph I said my piece about persons not worthy of respect. Nowhere did I say you are not worthy.

Are you now saying you did in fact make facetious remarks and used the "hand" emoticon etc
It is obvious that you are still labouring under a misconception.

They are two separate paragraphs and there is no way you can join with "furthermore".

Theunis

I really do believe, as Asimov said, that there is life out there, as it would be an awful waste of space otherwise. Loose quote there of course. But to think that all those alleged UFOs are really alien craft is just too much. Why would they fly around and never land and make contact? It is just too convienent for the UFO fanatics.
There are not so many, I specifically referred to that small percentage where no explanations could be found.

UFO fanatics tickle me especially when they use the "Greys" as depicted in the 1935 Sci-Fi movie "War of the Worlds" as being their abductors.

Theunis

I am sorry to hear about Daniel. Read about Pseuomonas infections in Wikipedia. I hope some combination of antibiotics will be able to help him recover. In case you correspond with him, kindly convey my best wishes for him and my excuse for the exchanges we had at about.com. Yes, our take on Hinduism differed because I have no mystic inclination.
He is my cousin and many a time I sat by when you two had your conversations.

outhouse

Atheistically
The Golden Rule - Treat others as you wish to be treated -
Riders to this is -
1. There is nothing more difficult to follow; we can but do no more than to try to follow this Rule.
2. They say patience is a virtue; I however say Patience is a virgin because no-one has ever had Patience.
3. For Christians - Even Jesus lost his cool when he found that a place of worship was changed into a market place.

You lose all this when you try and posit falsehoods and non academic rhetoric.

Had you provide credible links and sources, you would have been treated differently

Theunis

You lose all this when you try and posit falsehoods and non academic rhetoric.

Had you provide credible links and sources, you would have been treated differently

I am going to refrain from answering and instead wish to address my suggestion that you take a break.

I notice that before you go to work you first have a look at the forum and it usually upsets you and this seems to fester all day
May I suggest that the break you take is from your morning session. I am sure that without this irritation you will in general (all round) have a better day.

I really am not interested in non-productive discourse and quibbling so cheers and go thee well.

JoStories

No! You are merely muddying the waters,

I said you jumped in and defended Outhouse without knowing what it was about.
Then in a new paragraph I said my piece about persons not worthy of respect. Nowhere did I say you are not worthy.k>

Are you now saying you did in fact make facetious remarks and used the "hand" emoticon etc
It is obvious that you are still labouring under a misconception.

They are two separate paragraphs and there is no way you can join with "furthermore".
I certainly did know what it was about as I had read the thread before commenting. Do you really think that adults with a modicum of intelligence would simply read a post near the end of a thread and then remark? Perhaps some do but that is not how I do things.

JoStories

I am going to refrain from answering and instead wish to address my suggestion that you take a break.

I notice that before you go to work you first have a look at the forum and it usually upsets you and this seems to fester all day
May I suggest that the break you take is from your morning session. I am sure that without this irritation you will in general (all round) have a better day.

I really am not interested in non-productive discourse and quibbling so cheers and go thee well.
Rarely have I read a more presumptive, condescending post. You know all of the above about Outhouse...How exactly? Then you proceed to lecture him on how to live his life. The arrogance here is astounding. Shame on you.

Theunis

Indeed, I did and it is very presumptive of a person to think that someone would not actually READ the thread before saying something.
It is your warped interpretation that is still the problem.
Come now stop ducking and diving and admit that I never said you are unworthy of respect.
Of course if you persist in your strawman tactics then my esteem of you will drop a notch or two.

Theunis

Rarely have I read a more presumptive, condescending post. You know all of the above about Outhouse...How exactly? Then you proceed to lecture him on how to live his life. The arrogance here is astounding. Shame on you.
Simple psychological analysis of his posts, that's how.
Since when is giving advice lecturing ?

Theunis

I certainly did know what it was about as I had read the thread before commenting. Do you really think that adults with a modicum of intelligence would simply read a post near the end of a thread and then remark? Perhaps some do but that is not how I do things.
Yes I do. Especially when they resort to strawman tactics.

Brian Schuh

One ancient Jewish story claimed that the Virgin Mary was raped by an African Roman guard, meaning that Jesus was really black.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
One ancient Jewish story claimed that the Virgin Mary was raped by an African Roman guard, meaning that Jesus was really black.

Where does that one come from?

According to Talmud (Sanhedrin 67a) Jesus was the son of Pantera a Roman archer.

Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera, was an archer, who in 9 c.e. was transferred to service in Germany where he died.

That is not an African name.

And Origen writes that his opponent, Celsus, in circa A.D. 178, said that he heard from a Jew that 'Miriam' had become pregnant by 'Pantheras,' a Roman soldier; was divorced by her husband, and bore Jesus in secret.

Even more fascinating, in the 1990's, the grave of Pantera was uncovered in Germany, and sure enough he lived during the time of Jesus' birth and was even stationed in Jerusalem at the time! He was the head of a legion in his later years and had been transferred to fight in Germany, but died there in his late 40's

Last edited:

Brian Schuh

Where does that one come from?

According to Talmud (Sanhedrin 67a) Jesus was the son of 'Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera, an archer, who in 9 c.e. was transferred to service in Germany where he died.

That is not an African name.

And Origen writes that his opponent, Celsus, in circa A.D. 178, said that he heard from a Jew that 'Miriam' had become pregnant by 'Pantheras,' a Roman soldier; was divorced by her husband, and bore Jesus in secret.

Even more fascinating, in the 1990's, the grave of Pantera was uncovered in Germany, and sure enough he lived during the time of Jesus' birth and was even stationed in Jerusalem at the time! He was the head of a legion in his later years and had been transferred to fight in Germany, but died there in his late 40's
So can we agree that God did not come down from heaven to have sex with Mary, getting her pregnant, and having a half man, half god son by her? The Christan Jesus reminds me of Hercules. Remember Zeus had sex with a human woman having Hercules, a god-man.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If you ever wondered, this is what Jesus probably looked like:

moz-screenshot-7.jpg
moz-screenshot-8.jpg

I believe I have seen His face. It doesn't really matter but speculation often is in error. He was not as dark skinned as that but certainly darker than Caucasians. The other feature are not right either.Ha had a narrower face and not as square.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So can we agree that God did not come down from heaven to have sex with Mary, getting her pregnant, and having a half man, half god son by her? The Christan Jesus reminds me of Hercules. Remember Zeus had sex with a human woman having Hercules, a god-man.

I believe I do not agree with that,

I believe there is a big difference. God is a Spirit but Zeus was a god. God did not have sex with Mary. He created a conception in her and entered it.