• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you feel is wrong with Christianity

McBell

Admiral Obvious
because they are always saying jesus died for your, meaning my, sins. I have no sins, religion should be kept to ones self.
So your approach is to do the very thing you complain about?

How does that make you any different than the ones you are complaining about?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Here is another thing thats wrong..Christians (many of them) do not believe in happiness.I have gone INSANE practically arguing with other Christians about "happiness' in marriage.It seems that more women Christians actually believe that misery (unhappiness) in marriage is something Christ would give a damn about.The MEN however dont think 'happiness"(for women that is unless you start to get on the subject of them not getting enough sex) is a reason to rethink the relationship or divorce.

Many Christians believe that misery and unhappiness is just part of being a Christian.And that somehow it pleases God..And I think that is sick.

Love

Dallas

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
One problem is that the Abrahamic God is a violent God:

1 Chronicles 21:
God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people

Deuteronomy 3:

God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value

Joshua 6:
He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses”

Judges 21:
He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody!

2 Kings 10:18-27:
God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

And that is just his violent side, there exists rape, child abuse and sex slavery within the very same book.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Speaking from a purely personal point of view, my strongest objection is that I believe it's factually incorrect. I have a hang up about truth, so that is very important to me.

As a Jew, my second big issue is that Christians have spent the last 1500 years trying to wipe us off the planet. I find that very annoying.

Broadening my view, they (along with the world's other major religions) have committed so many atrocities and wreaked so much destruction all over the world it would take an encyclopedia to chronicle it all, from burning thousands of innocent European women to death to slaughtering and enslaving thousands of Native Americans to...well, you get the idea. The irony that they did all this in the name of peace and love just adds insult to injury.

I find the idea of original sin absolutely abhorrent and indefensible.

The focus on what happens after we die, rather than how we live. That's just so backbutwards.

Prosyletizing. It's so arrogant and rude. Effective trait for a meme, though.

Those are probably my main gripes, since you asked.