• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you feel is wrong with homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey of Diamonds

Religious views of Sexuality in any form tend to be about control and dominance. One person or group who want to impose their morality on another. Even in the Christian bible there are few comments on sex and those are more towards the crime of rape than the actual act of sex itself. The fear and hatred of homosexuality within the Christian community doesn't come from the religion but is rather reinforced by religious leaders who wish to make it a part of the religion.

*stepping on soap box*
People pretty much became bi-sexual the day sex switched from procreational to recreational. In matters of procreation heterosexual sex is a must, (at least in the old days it was, today’s technology opens so many doors), but when it comes to recreation, sex is just about fun and games. So physically, everyone is bi-sexual, fully capable of having sex with man or woman. What is important is not the physical side but what makes up the relationship. If you prefer to have a deep meaningful relationship with someone of the same sex then you’re gay, whether you commit the physical act or not. I never understood why everyone insists on connecting the physical act to the definition. It’s all about the relationship people.
*stepping off soap box*

lkb817

I just couldn't stay away. Last thing. Head Lesbian? Does that make you queen or king of the lesbians? You just can't seem to accept an apology can you? Look at my earlier post. I said if I offended I aplogize, but that doesn't seem to be enough for you. Oh well. BTW I don't scurry away, I can no longer carry on conversations with people that don't recognize anything but themselves. Have a nice life Head Lesbian. Tell your husband or wife (I'm not quite sure how it works in your relationship) I said hi. I actually enjoyed debating with the rest of you.

This post is very homophobic in my opinion. Attacking a persons' relationship is unnecessary and shows your ignorance.

Smoke

Done here.
Unless I'm mistaken, you mean 80% of Americans, rather than world wide.
Good point. I took him to mean that 80% of people follow a religion, and didn't think it was worthwhile pointing out that not all religions believe in god.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
This post is very homophobic in my opinion. Attacking a persons' relationship is unnecessary and shows your ignorance.

Well your comment is unnecessary. Let the people defend themselves, unless you think you're the only one capable of doin it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
**MOD POST**

Let's stick to debating the subject at hand and not to attacking each other. This isn't the place for personal attacks.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I just couldn't stay away. Last thing. Head Lesbian? Does that make you queen or king of the lesbians?
You may find this concept difficult: It's a joke.
You just can't seem to accept an apology can you? Look at my earlier post. I said if I offended I aplogize, but that doesn't seem to be enough for you.
Well, I prefer non-conditional acceptance of responsiblity, but it beats nothing.
Oh well. BTW I don't scurry away, I can no longer carry on conversations with people that don't recognize anything but themselves.
Especially when they're followed by another insult. I don't suppose you can document this false assertion either?
Have a nice life Head Lesbian. Tell your husband or wife (I'm not quite sure how it works in your relationship) I said hi. I actually enjoyed debating with the rest of you.
And I enjoyed debating with you in particular. I look forward to doing it again. And thanks, but I don't think I'll pass on passing on your greetings.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
And Darkness, if you are going to use quotes, you are going to have to quote someone besides some as misguided and delusional Neitzsche.
If people aren't allowed to quote others you don't agree with, shouldn't it then follow that you have to stop bandying about the last word of a being plenty of people don't even believe in? At least Darkness can prove Neitzche exists...he's not quoting what potentially amounts to a collective imaginary friend.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
They know how I feel. I am intolerant of their way of life, not of them as people. We get along great, the fun part is when I go out with my gay girlfriends, we can both critique women.
If you're intolerant of their way of life, isn't it a bit hypocritical of you to be sitting there encouraging them to perve on other women and tell you what they think?:sarcastic

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
***MOD POST***

Thread permanently closed due to lack of civility and ignoring of multiple Mod Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.