• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you feel is wrong with Islam?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I love how "True Islam" is all either so long ago that you can't know the facts about it, or just an ideal that you can't find in the actual world. Meanwhile, we have something that does exist in our world, that goes by the name of Islam, that is exemplified by:
Disdain for modern science,
Poor economic development,
terrorism,
suicide bombers,
oppression of women,
primitive superstitious practices,
death to apostates,
etc. etc.

But none of that is the "real Islam." How's this: I don't have a problem with "real Islam," it's this fake Islam--the only one actually existing in the world today, that I have a big problem with. I'm not worried about "real Islam" because it doesn't seem to actually exist.

I agree to an extent, Islam needs to take responsbility for the actions of its followers and to deliver a clearer message. The Islamic leader of Australia is responsible for our disrespect for their religion, is he an extremist? No, because there are no flaws in Islam are there? He tells Australian women to cover up because they look like "pieces of meat," is he an extremist or just an ignorant fool with no respect for the nation he immigrated to?

All what you see is based on the media and it doesn't represents more than one billion muslims around the world. Think about it!

What the news usually come up with is bad news when it come to muslims as many other incidents around the world, and it happened that America have invaded or supported invading many muslim countries and has shed their blood everywhere. Now, when some muslims try to fight back they call them terrorists.

Then, what about the American terrorism? Who cares?! right?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
All what you see is based on the media and it doesn't represents more than one billion muslims around the world. Think about it!

What the news usually come up with is bad news when it come to muslims as many other incidents around the world, and it happened that America have invaded or supported invading many muslim countries and has shed their blood everywhere. Now, when some muslims try to fight back they call them terrorists.

Then, what about the American terrorism? Who cares?! right?

Please explain "fight back" do you mean murder of innocent people on buses subway etc,the nly ones ho trule fight back are the taliban and they are not doing very well.
It is difficult to just blame the media for the reputation of islam it is obviously the acts of the followers of your religion that commited these crimes in the name of islam.
This media coverage did do one detrimental thing to islam,it made people look more closely at it and what has been seen is not liked by many in the west.
What has been said by autodidact is basically what the majority feel here and the problem for muslims is that these acts have been carried out by muslims in your faiths name and not just a few isolated incidents it is global but the first thing that comes from your camp is its Americas fault or somehow the crucaders are in some way implicated .
No its not Americas fault or the UKs its islams

MFaraz_Hayat

Please explain "fight back" do you mean murder of innocent people on buses subway etc,the nly ones ho trule fight back are the taliban and they are not doing very well.
It is difficult to just blame the media for the reputation of islam it is obviously the acts of the followers of your religion that commited these crimes in the name of islam.
This media coverage did do one detrimental thing to islam,it made people look more closely at it and what has been seen is not liked by many in the west.
What has been said by autodidact is basically what the majority feel here and the problem for muslims is that these acts have been carried out by muslims in your faiths name and not just a few isolated incidents it is global but the first thing that comes from your camp is its Americas fault or somehow the crucaders are in some way implicated .
No its not Americas fault or the UKs its islams
Yah, that is why 34000 people of America converted to Islam right after 9/11.

Yah, that is why 34000 people of America converted to Islam right after 9/11.

Many terroists and suicide bombers are the genius muslims who have come from universtiy learning thigns like chemistry, there idea in life was never to become a mass murderer, there are many muslism on campus that infect there mind with POISON. Someone tried it on my brother at his university, luckily i geared him up on a lot of hinduism before he went in his first year.

MFaraz_Hayat

Many terroists and suicide bombers are the genius muslims who have come from universtiy learning thigns like chemistry, there idea in life was never to become a mass murderer, there are many muslism on campus that infect there mind with POISON. Someone tried it on my brother at his university, luckily i geared him up on a lot of hinduism before he went in his first year.
So ur saying that so many people converted ( in a very short span, mind you), right after 9/11 due to convincing terrorists etc. I mean, were these people then out of their mind, as if I would have been in their shoes I would certainly have been wary of Islam ( which was being publicized as a religion of terrorists) at that time.
I don't think that ur theory is right.

This one guy, went round my cousin house, he was a tutor of some sort... Didn't know what though. He had given us many examples, and funnily enough he did say what you said that many "secret" terrorists (sounds a bit silly i know) were on a masss conversion mission of some sort. I am not saying that whis is what happend for that very moment in time Faraz, i am just saying, that this happens. I also sort of addressed this to the OP...

Where is S.Z Muslim?

MFaraz_Hayat

Again, what does 34,000 converts have to do with anything?
If Islam would have been responsible for these terrorist acts (which it is not, it's all politics) then these people would not have embraced Islam, right after 9/11. They were not mad.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
If Islam would have been responsible for these terrorist acts (which it is not, it's all politics) then these people would not have embraced Islam, right after 9/11.
That is a remarkably stupid statement. Given roughly 160 million Christians, are you truly insisting that 0.02125 % could not be misled or otherwise in error?

If you insist on playing childish number games, let's look at the popular vote for our beloved President Bush ...
  • 2000: 50,460,000
  • 2004: 62,060,000
Oh, my: an increase of 11.6 million, a number that makes 34,000 seem pitifully insignificant. Sometimes people do stupid things ...

MFaraz_Hayat

That is a remarkably stupid statement. Given roughly 160 million Christians, are you truly insisting that 0.02125 % could not be misled or otherwise in error?

If you insist on playing childish number games, let's look at the popular vote for our beloved President Bush ...
Oh, my: an increase of 11.6 million, a number that makes 34,000 seem pitifully insignificant. Sometimes people do stupid things ...
Islam has become the fastest growing religion in the Western World.

Smoke

Done here.
To the extent that's true, it's because of Muslims immigrating to Western countries and having lots of children; it's not because Westerners are embracing Islam at a breakneck pace.

If you measure by percentages, Wicca is the fastest growing religion in the United States.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
To the extent that's true, it's because of Muslims immigrating to Western countries and having lots of children; it's not because Westerners are embracing Islam at a breakneck pace.

If you measure by percentages, Wicca is the fastest growing religion in the United States.
Too true, MB, so many Muslim's trot out these erroneous numbers without considering their own prodigeous birth rates. I wonder if they realize that one day they will "convert" or "revert" as the case may be the last person and from then on they will be in decline? I wonder what they will say then, when their only new members come from within their own ranks?

I suppose this is another thing "wrong with Islam", in that it is another red herring argument that impresses no one except the person uttering the comment.

Popeyesays

Between 1990 and 2004 Islam has grown 109% in the US. For comparison the Baha`i Faith has grown 235% and Wicca about 250%

Islam's growth has largely been immigration.

This is all according to adherents.com.

Regards,
Scott

I don't see the point with the numbers on either side, since a fast growing religion isn't inherently better than a slow growing religion--Islam's numbers do mean it is a very large and growing part of society, and it means that it can't be dismissed as a monolithic religion, and even attempting to generalize Islam by what one imam says is ridiculous.

I think more Westerners would convert to Islam if it wasn't for extremists. And "extremist" doesn't have to mean "blowing up a building". 9/11 was obviously politics, and those who say it was motivated by Islam are usually the same type who say "Islamofacism" and "Family Values" and, afaik, are there to make critics of Islamic "fundamentalism" look bad. But there are other things motivated specifically by religion, specifically by growing fundamentalist sects of Islam. Extreme sexual segregation, corporal punishment, censorship and religious intolerance, of all forms. That is extremism and it's not even all that extreme anymore in some areas. I love Islam and thats why I deeply worry about stuff like this.

One thing I feel is wrong with Islam, as opposed to religion in general:

The Qu'ran and the hadith, which form the basis of Islam, seem to me to be difficult to reconcile with the ideals of liberal democracy, such as separation of church and state, freedom of expression, and religious/cultural tolerance. Or rather, they are more difficult to reconcile than the New Testament, and we have seen how difficult it was for Christendom to finally embrace these ideals.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
If Islam would have been responsible for these terrorist acts (which it is not, it's all politics) then these people would not have embraced Islam, right after 9/11.

Are you agreeing with me? :)

Mr. Peanut

Islam denies the Gospel which is that Christ died, was buried, and rose again so that all who trust in him may have the free gift of eternal life.