• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you know about Islam?

fatima_bintu_islam

My question/comment is about the term "In šāʾ Allāh". This is most often used in the sense of "God willing". That much I understand. What I don't understand is why people would think that god directs the events that manifest in their lives. To my thinking, the events that occur to us are, for the most part, based on our own actions and not subject to the will of a god. Perhaps it is just the way I look at things, but it just seems odd to say "god willing". Again, to me, it presupposes that a given individual is of such importance that the creator of all that is would actually seek to direct their life. I don't see human animals as being all that important in the larger scheme of things. Certainly not important enough to warrant the interest of that which may have created all that exists.

Perhaps Fatima and Badran could shed some light on the somewhat fatalistic notion of In šāʾ Allāh.

Hello Ymir, here I am again;

Look, before we start I should tell you a little story about me lol:

Recently on RF forums, there was someone asking about some fiqhi issues ( Rulings) , and since the debate was very heated and interfered and talked about that issue as if I knew it, and it turned out later to be wrong.

I repented from that act , and regretted it very deeply since I broke my own prefered Islamic golden rule which I keep reminding myself and others of it , and which states: Do never speak without knowledge. And I almost get sick because of regret.

So now that I told you my story and I could have told you my own personal understanding of it and which is very limited, therefore it wont convince or satisfy you, and all what will come after that will be speaking without knowledge. But I prefer this time to either let you ask a scholar on Islamonline or Islamqa , or let me ask you some knowldgable brothers and sisters I know.

Hope you understand my position :)

Best regards

Last edited:

A-ManESL

A-ManESL, i have nothing to say about whether islam supports violence or not, but what mughal muslims done to india was to spread their faith, islam.

Hi nameless.

I have nothing to say about Muslim rulers did. This thread isnt about them, its about Islam, the religion. Thats exactly the point I was making. No valid religion advocates violence, but people often use religion as an excuse. Be it Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam etc all have been used as an excuse some or the other time. Also you must keep in account the culture and geography of the places from where the violence originates. Often the reason is interlinked. In India, agriculture can flourish, not so in Mongolia, and so warfare for control of limited resources is natural.

Regards

fatima_bintu_islam

Hi A-Mansel

I hope you dont mind and I know its completey off topic, but I was wondering about the meaning of the word Anarchist Muslim and its meaning ( ve got bad english , I admit :) )

Barakallahu feek

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Explain how Muhammad dealt with the issue of free will- using the whole Qur'an.

Boring?

Sadly, i don't understand the question, but if i did, i still wouldn't have answered it. When you answer the 5 pillars part, may be i'll start taking you seriously.

kejos

Sadly, i don't understand the question, but if i did, i still wouldn't have answered it.
That's no surprise, since the Qur'an contradicts itself, though the contradiction is carefully disguised in an apparent mess of aleatory disorganisation.

When you answer the 5 pillars part, may be i'll start taking you seriously.
Oh, you do that already.

What does Islam rest upon? The assertion that there is one deity, which, in the context of the poisonous trinitarian heresy, is contradiction of Christianity- apparently- while actually promoting the notion that trinitarianism is Christian. The assertion that Muhammad is the man to listen to, without any evidence for same. Simple bigotry.

Then there are three legalisms miscopied from the Bible and fake Judaism- prayer, charity and fasting. The prayer is formal, in serried ranks under supervision to extinguish individuality and retain control. That charity is enforced betrays the absence of personal desire. In other faiths, charity is voluntary. The fasting is likewise, though it's hardly fasting when it does not last even one whole day.

These three legalisms give an illusion of merit, but fit well with this prophecy:

'People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power.' 2 Ti 3:2-5 NIV

Then there is pilgrimage, to reinforce the worship (for that is what it is, like the Mariolatry of RCism) of Muhammad, the prophesied antichrist.

'"Many false prophets will appear and fool many people."' Mt 24:11 GNB

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's no surprise, since the Qur'an contradicts itself, though the contradiction is carefully disguised in an apparent mess of aleatory disorganisation.

Nonsense.

What does Islam rest upon? The assertion that there is one deity, which, in the context of the poisonous trinitarian heresy, is contradiction of Christianity- apparently- while actually promoting the notion that trinitarianism is Christian. The assertion that Muhammad is the man to listen to, without any evidence for same. Simple bigotry.

Are you saying, that supposedly, the concept of listening to Muhammad (pbuh) in Islam, is the same as the concept of trinity in christianity?

And if that's what you're saying, as wrong as it is, what does that have to do with the the 5 pillars?

Then there are three legalisms miscopied from the Bible and fake Judaism- prayer, charity and fasting. The prayer is formal, in serried ranks under supervision to extinguish individuality and retain control. That charity is enforced betrays the absence of personal desire. In other faiths, charity is voluntary. The fasting is likewise, though it's hardly fasting when it does not last even one whole day.

Loose guess work at best. "fake judaism", "miscopied from the bible", i get that you're implying that your real point is that the five pillars are not Islamic, as in they are copied from Christianity? and seeing that you said earlier that there is only "one" abrahamic religion, that would be Christianity, right?

Then, you share your personal opinion on enforced charity, and your dissatisfaction with fasting, because it's not long enough, all this is supposed to prove that the 5 pillars mentioned earlier are not the 5 pillars of Islam?

These three legalisms give an illusion of merit, but fit well with this prophecy:

'People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power.' 2 Ti 3:2-5 NIV

Sorry, that hardly explains what you mean. This is talking about people's attributes, what do you mean "but fit well with this prophecy"? You mean that this prophecy, is fulfilled? If so, then what? I don't understand this part at all.

Then there is pilgrimage, to reinforce the worship (for that is what it is, like the Mariolatry of RCism) of Muhammad, the prophesied antichrist.

Once again, your personal opinion on pilgrimage.

'"Many false prophets will appear and fool many people."' Mt 24:11 GNB

Yes that's true. But this has what to do with the 5 pillars?

kejos

Are you saying, that supposedly, the concept of listening to Muhammad (pbuh) in Islam, is the same as the concept of trinity in christianity?
No.

i get that you're implying that your real point is that the five pillars are not Islamic,
They're Islamic, but they are as described- in my view, which is what the thread asks for.

seeing that you said earlier that there is only "one" abrahamic religion, that would be Christianity, right?
Abraham could have only one pov.