• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you know about Islam?

fatima_bintu_islam

Hello everyone,

Its been a very long time since I opened any thread ( I guess since my introduction thread :) ) , and I had this question in mind for a while :

I would like to know about each person what they know about Islam?

I may have a secret purpose behind it ( who knows? :) ) , but the main reason is jsut curiosity?

Best regards :)

Ps: Dont get wrong my secret purpose, its just clearing misconceptions if there are any (I thought maybe someone could die of curiosity, and I wouldnt let that happen :) )

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I've lived in the middle east for 31 years (born here), part of my family has lived in Israel for 7 generations, a family which had strong ties with the Arabs, to the point of Arab villagers coming to my great grandfather's business to warn him when Arab militants organized to raid his town (where I still live and where it has become a city of 200,000).
I've studied some Arabic in school, and in the army. I've read the Qur'an in two languages, read books about Islam, and follow news about Islam and the middle east closely, I've served in the Israeli army where I've spent a long time in the Palestinian territories, both the Gaza strip, and the West Bank, all in all me and my friends spent a long time interacting with Arab populations and also fought Palestinian militants, and Hezballah guerilla in South Lebanon.
I've traveled to some Muslim nations, including 3 times to Jordan, 2 times to Egypt (in which I've been in the Sinai peninsula, Cairo and southern Egypt, close to the border with Sudan), Turkey, and Im pondering traveling Morocco.
I've interacted in real life discussing Islam and middle eastern politics with Iranians, Pakistanis, Moroccons, Egyptians, Algerians, Palestinians, Turks and people of other nationalities.
I'm doing my Master thesis on the early Islamic period.
part of my family has lived in a Muslim country for centuries, Morocco.

Last edited:

mywa

freshman
Muslims beleive that Jesus was born miraculously and not by man's stenghth.what i dont understand is why muslims dont beleive that he was sent from heaven and that He was always there even before His birth on earth.

mywa

freshman
the muslim world's call for the complete destrution of the nation israel in my point of view suggests that islam preaches hatred.a true christian loves his enemy.

Onkara

Hi Fatima
I have had the pleasure of exploring our two points of view already, and would be happy to expand outside of the Islam DIR :) I will add that my understanding of Islam is new, I was gifted a copy in 2006 and own two copies now, I have not finished reading the Qu'ran, and I am very impressed at Caladan's efforts. I have learnt alot from the posts by Muslims here.

fatima_bintu_islam

the muslim world's call for the complete destrution of the nation israel in my point of view suggests that islam preaches hatred.a true christian loves his enemy.

Israel calls for it too :)

Loving your enemy is not very healthy you know :) , you smile and he slaps you, I guess dignity is a good thing, being unjust in your reply to abuses is bad :)

Love good for your enemy, love that he find truth , but do not give him your cheeck to slap you again , as if you were a human with no dignity :)

Dignity is a very basic human charcteristic that no one love to see himself/herself losing

Cheers :)

fatima_bintu_islam

I've lived in the middle east for 31 years (born here), part of my family has lived in Israel for 7 generations, a family which had strong ties with the Arabs, to the point of Arab villagers coming to my great grandfather's business to warn him when Arab militants organized to raid his town (where I still live and where it has become a city of 200,000).
I've studied some Arabic in school, and in the army. I've read the Qur'an in two languages, read books about Islam, and follow news about Islam and the middle east closely, I've served in the Israeli army where I've spent a long time in the Palestinian territories, both the Gaza strip, and the West Bank, all in all me and my friends spent a long time interacting with Arab populations and also fought Palestinian militants, and Hezballah guerilla in South Lebanon.
I've traveled to some Muslim nations, including 3 times to Jordan, 2 times to Egypt (in which I've been in the Sinai peninsula, Cairo and southern Egypt, close to the border with Sudan), Turkey, and Im pondering traveling Morocco.
I've interacted in real life discussing Islam and middle eastern politics with Iranians, Pakistanis, Moroccons, Egyptians, Algerians, Palestinians, Turks and people of other nationalities.
I'm doing my Master thesis on the early Islamic period.
part of my family has lived in a Muslim country for centuries, Morocco.

Hmm, so you killed my muslim bros and sis , thats very cool.

I wonder how you have the right to travel where the original people of Palestine are jailed in their own territory :confused:

But its an interesting story to be read :)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Israel calls for it too :)
Please provide sources that the leaders of Israel call for the complete destruction of the Muslim world. Israeli leaders have gone through great lengths in order to establish diplomatic ties and peace treaties with Muslim nations, including Egypt and Jordan.

fatima_bintu_islam

Hi Fatima
I have had the pleasure of exploring our two points of view already, and would be happy to expand outside of the Islam DIR :) I will add that my understanding of Islam is new, I was gifted a copy in 2006 and own two copies now, I have not finished reading the Qu'ran, and I am very impressed at Caladan's efforts. I have learnt alot from the posts by Muslims here.

Great to know then you're starting to learn about Islam by yourself :) , and I would more happy to expand outside the islamic DIR too :)

Tell me what have you learnt until now, thats what Im curious about , and thats the purpose behind this thread :)

Best regards

Onkara

... He was always there even before His birth on earth.
Welceom mywa,
I must ask, how was he hear before his birth? I mean, can you explain or quote scripture to help?

That would be a dream trip of mine.
I'd love to get a ferry across from Spain with a motorbike and do a counter-clockwise tour of the Med.
Someday :)

Well stop for a Guiness when you pass through Spain and we can juggle some theological topics haha :)

fatima_bintu_islam

Please provide sources that the leaders of Israel call for the complete destruction of the Muslim world. Israeli leaders have gone through great lengths in order to establish diplomatic ties and peace treaties with Muslim nations, including Egypt and Jordan.
Heres a simple example :
"Everybody has to move, run and grab as many (Judean) hilltops as they can to enlarge the (Jewish) settlements because everything we take now will stay ours... Everything we don't grab will go to them." -- Ariel Sharon

Yes and peace treaties were all broken by isrealis through history, it started with Moses peace be upon him and its still on until now :) , but since its not the topic I wish we could delay this discussion so we dont take the topic out of its original subject , I wish you're okey with it.

Best regards

fatima_bintu_islam

I felt too culturally removed from it.

You know, thats what stopped a lot of Quray****es in the time of the prophet peace be upon him, for culture, fearing to differ with their masters ( I dont mean you of course :) , Im giving examples) , fearing to be rejected by their people.

But others who were objective, didnt care about the whole world when they trusted Islam was the truth, and they left everything behind them, money , family, homes, and made hijrah to al medina, why? Because they knew truth is the only way to find happiness and stability in life :)

But, each one sees it from its own angle. Just hope youve tried harder to understand it :)

Best regards, and good continuation searching for truth :)

Fatima ZAhrae

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Heres a simple example :
"Everybody has to move, run and grab as many (Judean) hilltops as they can to enlarge the (Jewish) settlements because everything we take now will stay ours... Everything we don't grab will go to them." -- Ariel Sharon
And how is that quote has anything to do with anything other than the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? where in this quote does Mr Sharon calls for the complete destruction of the Islamic world? you have simply done what many other Muslims do, making the Israeli-Palestinian conflict a sacred cow in Islamic doctrine.

Yes and peace treaties were all broken by isrealis through history, it started with Moses peace be upon him and its still on until now :)
Pathetic anti-semitic drivel, please clean the corner of your mouth, you've got a bit of foam there.
but since its not the topic I wish we could delay this discussion so we dont take the topic out of its original subject , I wish you're okey with it.
Since you are the one who inssisted to open this pandora box, you are going to have to be the one to close it.
furthermore, I have provided a great answer to your original post, and in return I get pathetic childish trolling. if you did not want serious answers what for did you start this thread?​

Last edited: