• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of Islam personally?

What do you think of Islam? (Select all that apply)

• Total voters

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Offense Alert: This post may be offensive to some RF members. That is not the intent of this post as I am merely stating my opinion, based on my own extensive research.

Islam being portrayed as a religion of peace has only come to the forefront since it went into political decline. Prior to this there was very little mentioned about its alleged peaceful intents. Prior to the decline, Muslim adherents were quite insistent that Islam was the only true religion and were remarkably unapologetic about it. Their bloody conquests underscore the veracity of this position.
And it's rather non-unique in that regard... "car son bras se portait l'epee, ils sait portaient la croix" and all that. I don't personally see Islam as any sort of special threat.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
9-10 is it because you willfully shut your eyes to the extremism in Islam, and how many people die everyday because an extremist decided to detonate a car bomb or shoot them?

DeitySlayer

President of Chindia
Yosef, note the word extremism. This is not mainstream Islam. This is not Islam as the Prophet Muhammad intended it to be, or Islam as it was. This is warped and destructive Islam. That does not make the entire religion evil.

Rainbow Mage

I didn't say it did deity. I know it's not the religion Prophet Muhammad intended. That's perhaps the saddest part about it. Muhammad never pursued power or wealth. He gave everything he had away until he had nothing, everytime he got any wealth. He told his followers: ask me and I'll give you.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
9-10 is it because you willfully shut your eyes to the extremism in Islam, and how many people die everyday because an extremist decided to detonate a car bomb or shoot them?
:facepalm:

The last bombing around here was committed by anarchists, not by extremist Muslims. The last episode of religious violence around here was committed by Sikhs, not by extremist Muslims. The last militant group that was rounded up by the authorities was Christian, not Muslim. It's Christians, not Muslims, who are trying to impose their religious views on my government.

So no, it's not because I "wilfully shut my eyes", it's because I don't put blinders on to avoid looking at everything else that's going on in the world. It's because I exercise some critical thinking in my assessment of how much of a threat, if any, Islam poses to me, and how this compares to other threats.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This is not mainstream Islam. This is not Islam as the Prophet Muhammad intended it to be, or Islam as it was.
:rolleyes: You know this, for a fact, do you?

I didn't say it did deity. I know it's not the religion Prophet Muhammad intended.
:rolleyes: You know this? Pray tell, what be thy sources? They must be very good sources. So far, I have not found them.

That's perhaps the saddest part about it. Muhammad never pursued power or wealth. He gave everything he had away until he had nothing, everytime he got any wealth. He told his followers: ask me and I'll give you.
It's very easy to give away that which has been stolen from others. Oh, the altruism of the deed. How terribly spiritual of him, eh? :facepalm:

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
And it's rather non-unique in that regard... "car son bras se portait l'epee, ils sait portaient la croix" and all that. I don't personally see Islam as any sort of special threat.
No, I don't see it as a threat, per se, however Islam does strike me as being pathetic psychology based on a siege mentality.
As to your quote, "Je ne le comprende pas."

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No, I don't see it as a threat, per se, however Islam does strike me as being pathetic psychology based on a siege mentality.
As to your quote, "Je ne le comprende pas."
It's from the French lyrics of O Canada. Here's the normal English translation:

As is thy arm ready to wield the sword,
So also is it ready to carry the cross.

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
It's from the French lyrics of O Canada. Here's the normal English translation:

As is thy arm ready to wield the sword,
So also is it ready to carry the cross.

Whoa now... I thought we had a monopoly on bible thumping violence in North America... these lyrics are making me re-think that.

.lava

Veteran Member
Yosef, where does "Islam is a bad religion that worships a moon god " come from? i mean, what makes you think Islam is about worshipping a moon god? what's the source of this?

Rainbow Mage

.Lava I figured I better include that choice in the poll for the fundamentalist Christians. Notice, I did not choose that option myself when I voted.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Azakel yeah, we just admit we did wrong
Maybe some of us. But I still know quite of few fellow Pagans(I and use the term Fellow loosely) that will argue that nothing bad happen and that Pagans are peaceful and such.
I guess they just wish to forget history and live in the Peaceful New-Age Pagan ways.
Sad really.

Cosmos

Yes it probably could 9-10. I don't deny it. I'm proud to say that Kemetic Orthodox have killed 0 people to date.

As a former student under the Mystery Religions (Schools) taught by African Master Teachers, I have to say it is historically untrue that the 'Kemetic Orthodox' has never killed anyone. As a modern organization instituted by Westerners who are following Traditional African Religion, no one has murdered anyone, but historically the Egyptians have murdered and conquered in the name of religion and this should be acknowledged as the truth. Peace.

.lava

Veteran Member
.Lava I figured I better include that choice in the poll for the fundamentalist Christians. Notice, I did not choose that option myself when I voted.

oh lol that's not why i asked. i don't know why people would have such an idea. i mean why moon god, why not sun god? btw i voted for first two, though i believe Islam to be religion of peace if i was supposed to refer to religion itself alone

Rainbow Mage

Notice, I have stated, I also believe it to be a religion of peace. I KNOW it's a religion of peace. I know Prophet Muhammad was a peaceful man. That doesn't change the fact that there are extremist Muslims claiming to follow Muhammad's sunna, though they're really not.

no-body

oh lol that's not why i asked. i don't know why people would have such an idea. i mean why moon god, why not sun god?

It seems to be some oblique reference to Arabian paganism and implying that is what Islam really is. If you do a google search you'll find some pretty disgusting interpretations of Islam by fundamentalist Christians. I find it hilarious considering Christianities pagan roots.

Just_me_Mike

Personally I don't know Islam, so I can't say what I think of Islam.

I know what I hear on the news, read about in books and watch in movies. However, I also know that none of those offers a true picture of what Islam is.

So, how can one really know Islam, in such a way as to comment on what they personally think about Islam?

Rainbow Mage

Well Mike, having studied Shia Islam, I know somewhat about Islam. Now I'll admit, I don't know much about Sunni. I never got into Sunni.