• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you want done to your corpse?

Which method?

• Total voters

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I'd rather be cremated. It would mean more to me while dead (oxymoron) to have my remains go back with the earth, than inside a coffin.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
nnin
GeneCosta said:
I'd rather be cremated. It would mean more to me while dead (oxymoron) to have my remains go back with the earth, than inside a coffin.
That's precisely why I want to be tossed outside and left to the elements. :D

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I would rather be cremated as well... something about being closed up in a box six feet under really creeps me out, even though I'll be dead.

d.

_______
Jensa said:
Tossed in the woods and left to rot.
so it can be found by children?

or even worse, found by a young stephen king who uses it as an inspiration to write a lame story that gets made into a lame blockbuster movie?

that's just cruel. ;)

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
divine said:

or even worse, found by a young stephen king who uses it as an inspiration to write a lame story that gets made into a lame blockbuster movie?

that's just cruel. ;)

*Doctor Frankenstein laughs*

Really now? Who would dig up a grave?

*Hides shovel*. ;)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
divine said:
So it can be found by scientists at the University of Tennessee so they can study how I rot :D I already have the paperwork filled out and everything~

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Cut up into bite-size bits and placed on a cliff so that ravens or other critters can munch on it! As much as I love water, I think living on in the winged ones would be even better. (And, if there's any bits left because they're not tasty, it'd be nice if they could be taken to the moors of Scotland.)

d.

_______
i'll leave it up to my surviving relations - since they're the ones to whom it might matter.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't want buried either. Something about it just screams "ick" to me. I'd much rather be cremated and have my ashes scattered. Though that LifeGems thing does look interesting.

Draka

Wonder Woman
FeathersinHair said:
Eeep! I wasn't meaning to create a negative impression! *worried look* It's actually a traditional Tibetan and some First Nations form of burial! (Here's a description.) I'm afraid I phrased it rather graphically, though. But still, if my 'sweet innocent persona' has taken a hit, I must be doing something right!

:woohoo:
*runs around nekkid!

I actually just deleted that post because I was afraid it was in bad taste because of your wishes. It just drew up such an awful picture in my head is all. I couldn't imagine having that done to anyone.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ack! I deleted my post, too, then! Please let me know if the thread still makes sense. I, personally, didn't think it was in bad taste, though. The way I phrased it was rather harsh, so it was a perfectly natural response, I thought. :hug: It took me awhile to get beyond the 'ick factor', but I thought it was nice after I did.

ayani

what i think would be cool, is an unpretentious stone sarcophagus. a little bigger than a casket, simple but elegant.

perhaps half-buried so as not to be quite so obvious / morbid.