• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you want done to your corpse?

Which method?

• Total voters

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I'm with Feathers and Jensa . I actually had a thread asking about the legalities of it . But the way I see it , I have been pretty much on the top of the food chain all my life and I would like to give something back .

Tiberius

First, take out any organs that can be donated to others so I can save as many lives as possible, and after that, cremate me and scatter me wherever. Or take my ashes up into space and toss me out of the solar system or something.

lizskid

BANNED
Absolutely! Take any usable organs first, then torch me. The I have a lot with my son, and would like to have my ashes put there. Um...a nice funeral would be ok...I have it written already, including music choices. I had to do it for a seminary course, but I took it very seriously.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
As I will be dead, I could care less. Whatever is easier and most cost effective for my family. Hopefully, I will be blessed financially to take care of my funeral arrangements prior to death, to ease the burden on my family.

But as for the specifics...I don't really care.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
GeneCosta said:
Besides that. :p

If there are any re-usable bits left that work; I'd like them to be offerred to folk who need them (and they would have to be really desperate to need mine!)......

After that, cremation (for the sake of not making a mess), but I just saw Jensa's reply "Left to rot".............if it would nourish the soil, maybe that is making a better use of it.

Burial would be nice; I like to think the grass and flowers would thrive above me as I fertilize the soil. I'm not too fussed though, I mean, I will be dead...

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I think I would like to be cremated, and have my ashes scattered somwhere in the mountains. Will they let you do that in a national park? Oh well, I just don't really want be buried, it seems kinda creepy. But whatever, I don't think I'll really care when I'm dead.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i have no strong oppinion either way - i signed up to organ donation, if the doctors see anything in my body worth using they may take it, as i will be done with it, but other than that i don't mind :shrug:

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I think that if I were married at the time of my demise, I would want to know what my spouse wants to do. I mean, at that point I could really care less, and the whole ceremony is more for the greaving process anyway.

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't care. I think that I'd rather be creamated than embalmed (an iky process IMHO), but they do both anyway for the funeral services in many cases.

Just pack me up or burn me up and send me somewhere nice.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
If a had the choice i'd like organ donation followed by Zoroastrian-style sky burial. Doubt that's gonna happen though.

Scott1

I think I would prefer cremation.... don't know why the thought of being in the ground freaks me out.... but I think I would like my cremated remains to be buried.... not sure why that comforts my irrational fear, hehe.... but it does.

S