• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God the father look like?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In my opinion and experience he looks like a charming version Richard Nixon, with a big ear-to-ear grin.

This is how he is commonly portrayed though:
0616_God.jpg
god-the-father-e1498086072950.jpg

Thing is, God gets to choose what he looks like right? He could choose to be better looking than Leonardo Decrapio.

Why would he choose to be some senior citizen who never shaves?

No wonder Muslims don't allow depictions of God or Muhammad. You see what happens when you allow such things? :p

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
In my opinion and experience he looks like a charming version Richard Nixon, with a big ear-to-ear grin.

This is how he is commonly portrayed though:
View attachment 24560 View attachment 24561

Thing is, God gets to choose what he looks like right? He could choose to be better looking than Leonardo Decrapio.

Why would he choose to be some senior citizen who never shaves?

No wonder Muslims don't allow depictions of God or Muhammad. You see what happens when you allow such things? :p

Well light. An all pervasive light. I followed a Guru around for a while who taught folks to see this light. It's a little weird since you have to close your eyes to see it. In completely dark rooms you can see it as well. I can still see it without any need to imagine it. It just exists to view it whenever you choose to see it.

I'm not claiming this is God but I certainly thought it was at the time. Whether it's God or not it's a very peaceful experience viewing this light.

syo

do you think people in heaven will spend all eternity worshipping a god they cannot see?
not all eternity. on the second coming and on final judgement the good will join god and only then they will experience him.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
He looks like the One who was in "His express image," -- His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Other than an elderly male, that's the only common denominator when I've seen Him in dreams. Sometimes He's a judge. Sometimes He looks more like a CEO. One time He was the Great Spirit from Native American traditions.

A lot of Italians look like Jews

Jews are ethnically similar to other Mediterranean people: Greeks, Italians, Levantines, Turks.

We consider some of these Jews, others 'white' Europeans, others 'brown' Arabs or Turks due to the culture they adopted (which unsurprisingly didn't actually alter their DNA).

Our view of modern ethnic groups is massively distorted by modern political geography, although this is gradually being revealed by modern scientific techniques.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Jews are ethnically similar to other Mediterranean people: Greeks, Italians, Levantines, Turks.

We consider some of these Jews, others 'white' Europeans, others 'brown' Arabs or Turks due to the culture they adopted (which unsurprisingly didn't actually alter their DNA).

Our view of modern ethnic groups is massively distorted by modern political geography, although this is gradually being revealed by modern scientific techniques.
Arabs are actually legally white according to America.