• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

Bird123

Yes, no more than two beers per week.

Whatever beliefs I have they are well evidenced, and not faith based.

You are a theist and want to remain a believer in an idea that lacks evidence and is inconsistent woith reality.

Right because science follows factual evidence. Gods aren't known to exist.

Or any other imagined character.

And of course this is a guess that has no foundation in reality.

Yet you can't show this is true to anyone, so we suspect you are confused.

You seem to be at a very basic level, and show no interest in learning much at all.

What is your point here with these ramblings?

I want questions, and where are they? How is this coherent in your mind?
It's all staring you in the face.

It is not I who has no evidence. It is you. You want the evidence served up like the beliefs you seek. Since, I do not want to feed a belief system, I point to where you are capable of Discovering the evidence you ask me to supply. Is all this really that hard to figure out? Perhaps, you are like a small child who pouts when not given their way exactly as they want it.

If I listen to you and say I have no evidence, then you do not exist. I could never ignore evidence that does exist and is staring me in the face.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Bird123

The question of truth will not arise in the absence of a statement capable of being true or false.

Truth is not a quality of a thing such as a light bulb. It is not a quality of a quality a thing, such as a light bulb that is off.

Instead it's a quality of a statement, as I said. If there is a statement but you don't say it out loud, it can still be true or false. If you don't compose the statement in your mind, or speak or write or otherwise communicate it, there's nothing to be true or false.

A question is not true or false ─ Is the lightbulb on? But the answer (a statement) can be true or false ─ "The lightbulb is off."
Well, my light bulb is on. I can't say for anyone else.

Can't ,what is ,be truth without a statement? Open your eyes. Truth floods in. You do not question that because that truth is obvious. You open your eyes and see nothing. That truth as well floods in. That truth is obvious as well.

If you are not sure something is the truth, then you might create a statement in the form of a question. From this point, one chooses whether to seek the knowledge that will answer the question. If one chooses to seek the answer to the question, one must do the work necessary to Discover the answer to the question.

One can choose a belief that answers the question. That prevents the work necessary to Discover the answer. Of course, one is not guaranteed to have the truth or the answer. Example is the belief God does not exist.

Finally, one can choose truth doesn't matter and ignore the entire thing until at some point the truth becomes important to know.

What do you seek? Maybe you have not decided. Maybe you seek something other than the question at hand.
I think it's important to be true to yourself and understand why one makes the choices one does.

Bird123

There is not much alternatives. If he speaks to us directly through veils whether the guides or Angels, Quran shows we will accuse the veils of being evil sorcerers or demons, possessing us. If he opens doors to ascension and we are not ready and hateful, it will just make us more rebellious and accuse the signs of not being proofs but of evil. This is what evil people think of Angels that punish them in the grave, they can't see they are God's forces and from his light.

The alternative is he forces the proof but then there is no room to love God out of free-will at that point.

He spread his revelations all over the earth. The Quran is not the only divine book. Every culture has a breath from God and enough light to see his truth.

Just as majority of Muslims do not see the truth of Quran - only a minority does - I'm guessing same is true of most holy books out there.

You can hypothetically imagine what you want, but scripture + middle man can work to provide guidance. The only thing it's complicated is usually you can go to the middle-men for miracles. Now they have disappeared and the last one his hidden from public. But if you ask God and make yourself ready, the Imam of time, the Mahdi, might show up to you and if you ask for miracles, he will provide by God's permission. Who knows?

But if you are full of envy and hatred towards the best exalted souls and envy them, and feel you don't need God's guidance out of self-deception, that's up to you and on you.
You greatly Underestimate God!!!!!

God allows free choices because that is the only way true learning can happen. What you don't realize is that God is teaching you everything you need to know by showing you what your free choices really mean. When you understand your choices, intelligence will choose those choices with the best results. The real genius behind God's system is that it teaches everyone Unconditional Love. After all, in time, the kiddies will realize that is what they really want returning.

You might look at this world and see a mess, however look beyond the surface. In a multilevel classroom, some things returning are not pretty especially when one has already learned that lesson.

It's not a matter of will. It's a matter of Understanding. When one really Understands all sides of a thing, there are some choices that are no longer viable choices one can make.

Some people assume holy books come from God. Holy books are all created by mankind. They reflect mankind more than anything else. Sure, most holy books do contain some goodness. On the other hand, goodness is not all they are teaching. This alone proves they do not come from God.

God will teach His children regardless of any Beliefs they might have. It comes down to WHAT IS!!

Religion is mankind's attempt to Understand God. Religion is a catalyst that brings so many of mankind's problems to the surface so they can be dealt with. After all, when one thinks one has God's backing, one can justify anything.

Our choices show God and the world what we know and what we need to learn. Our lessons are based upon our choices.

Bird123

You mean beneficial or harmful choices. But I don't think you believe in real good and real evil, as in one brings positive value and the other negative value to the soul. Please correct me if I'm wrong about your view.
If you label some as good or evil, you open the door to Hate and all those petty things that will never bring the best results.

Isn't it really a lack of knowledge and understanding that creates bad or your so called evil choices?

All choices must be out there in order to Discover all sides. Should one hate others making bad choices? Shouldn't one be leading, teaching, and nurturing others to the best choices and teaching the Unconditional Love and Kindness that will be the best feeling for all in the end.

Perhaps, one should copy God rather than follow mankind.

Bird123

Power and might as in the soul's power and might, I'm not talking social or politics.
Is this power and might used toward others?? How much difference is there really?

incites

OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
listen its not about that if u follow right religion cuz only one religion will prevail which is judaism but since ur a gentile u must comply with noahide laws cuz ur not jewish unless ur born into it despite others saying they made themselves jewish but it comes down to the truth u trusting in cuz everyones beliefs are individual n personal while religion is communally practiced n religion is where ur beliefs meet the same as others as in u agree about some articles alike so u gather together to meet on what u agree with in ur belief so belief is personal n religion is communal n its not about who God was but what god is now that i search but if u try to believe what i do from what i told u then u will find urself very little information as my knowledge n belief work well for me in what im trying to accomplish

incites

If you label some as good or evil, you open the door to Hate and all those petty things that will never bring the best results.

Isn't it really a lack of knowledge and understanding that creates bad or your so called evil choices?

All choices must be out there in order to Discover all sides. Should one hate others making bad choices? Shouldn't one be leading, teaching, and nurturing others to the best choices and teaching the Unconditional Love and Kindness that will be the best feeling for all in the end.

Perhaps, one should copy God rather than follow mankind.

its easy praise Yah n bless prophet abraham n u will find its the truth u trust in that brings u victory so dont equate anything to god n keep his remembrance that u may never forget him as Yah is my truth i trust in that makes me so able

incites

its easy praise Yah n bless prophet abraham n u will find its the truth u trust in that brings u victory so dont equate anything to god n keep his remembrance that u may never forget him as Yah is my truth i trust in that makes me so able
may these words reached u in peace n truth n may they goodness of ur heart bring u ahead....blessings inbounds

incites

Maybe, I don't know. I don't really believe in God, but from what I've heard some people say, He was just sitting alone in the dark when He decided to start creating stuff. Maybe He was bored and wanted something to do. He might have found the dinosaurs amusing at some point, but apparently got bored with them. So, then, we came along, and we probably are more entertaining and amusing than the dinosaurs ever were.
the trust in the truth will provide u this life n in the next but if u want whats good to see then i tell u that messiah is not far behind me n when he comes then u will know god n not need to rely on belief anymore to retain it but messiah is humans final hope n i hope they get him before they be challenged beyond themselves n leave never haveing get what they been hopeing for centuries as it comes down to who is able enough to be tbe messiah as the position is open for any to attain but specifically one human man to attain as its said messiah is sent by god to us n he will defeat evil this time as messiah bin joseph( jesus) is said to have conquered sin for us in his time but im speaking of a human that is with more ability than any of his time n he assumes thr throne of david by command in order in sight of world
messiah bin david will walk out of time in truth n honor in goodness n whats right as its said he will have power over nature n will perform new signs n wonders that the whole world will see so that they know then as he will exalt Yah for what Yah is doing for u by him in sight of world that none can deny it cuz e everyone will see him do it

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can't ,what is ,be truth without a statement? Open your eyes. Truth floods in.
Data, sensory perceptions, may flow in. If you comment on them, your comments may be true or false.

What you're perceiving, meanwhile, may be accurately perceived, or imperfectly, or partially. But what will NOT flow in is the abstract concept "truth". That must wait till you form a statement around what you perceived.

You do not question that because that truth is obvious. You open your eyes and see nothing. That truth as well floods in. That truth is obvious as well.
Rubbish. You're confusing your emotional reaction with the accuracy of the information. "Pleasing" is not to be confused with "true".

What do you seek?
Truthwise? I told you ─ accurate statements about reality.

But you apparently find that idea too inconvenient.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you label some as good or evil, you open the door to Hate

Exactly, the existence of evil necessitates hate which is negative valuing. Whether you want good and evil to exist or not or appeal to consequences, doesn't do with the fact good and evil is real.

Your philosophy can't even acknowledge good and evil, because you know it means the other things you don't want to be true come with it.

The thing about good and evil is that yes, picking evil has severe consequences, but so does than picking good have more of an intense reward. That you gain honor and pleasure of God you would otherwise not gain. That you gain a place with God you would otherwise not without this trial.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God allows free choices because that is the only way true learning can happen.

God allows freedom of choice, but still sends guidance. He is not going to let humans manipulate others and watch it all happen with no guidance from him.

The lesson you keep speaking of, is not a lesson at all. Life is meaningless from your scenario. We should have all just been in paradise from start with no trial if what you say about God loving everyone equally and unconditionally is true.

The fact we are tried with good and evil, shows, that your philosophy does not make sense.

Gassim

Yeah, but you have your prophets and messangers who present God as having wants and desires for human beings. I no longer believe in mediators.
  • The Big Bang Theory begins with the entire mass/energy of the universe already existing in a single point, and proceeds from their.
we are not arguing that the Big Bang Theory begun with the entire mass/energy of the universe already existing in a single point.
the "Big Bang" began 13.8 billion years ago. can you tell us where the single point came from? can you prove? in the other word, how did the single point came from nothing? this will leave us with an unanswered question: how can something be born out of nothing? Or more clearly: who started turning the clock on? so atheists can no longer rely on something came from nothing to prove the absence of God, and believers can cite scientific discoveries to prove his existence. Scientific discoveries related to relativism, quantum mechanics, the complexities of living things and the thermal death of the universe , in particular, are sufficient to overturn the belief and convictions of any atheist who does not believe in God's existence.

Bird123

listen its not about that if u follow right religion cuz only one religion will prevail which is judaism but since ur a gentile u must comply with noahide laws cuz ur not jewish unless ur born into it despite others saying they made themselves jewish but it comes down to the truth u trusting in cuz everyones beliefs are individual n personal while religion is communally practiced n religion is where ur beliefs meet the same as others as in u agree about some articles alike so u gather together to meet on what u agree with in ur belief so belief is personal n religion is communal n its not about who God was but what god is now that i search but if u try to believe what i do from what i told u then u will find urself very little information as my knowledge n belief work well for me in what im trying to accomplish
What are you trying to accomplish????

Bird123

It has never been about Religion, Faith, Beliefs, or even Trust. It's about WHAT IS!

Bird123

Data, sensory perceptions, may flow in. If you comment on them, your comments may be true or false.

What you're perceiving, meanwhile, may be accurately perceived, or imperfectly, or partially. But what will NOT flow in is the abstract concept "truth". That must wait till you form a statement around what you perceived.

Rubbish. You're confusing your emotional reaction with the accuracy of the information. "Pleasing" is not to be confused with "true".

Truthwise? I told you ─ accurate statements about reality.

But you apparently find that idea too inconvenient.
If you open your eyes and see nothing, the truth of your blindness will not be a pleasing thing. You will quickly start to work on figuring out why, however the truth of your blindness will not be questioned.

Why do you assume the fact that you are in search for accurate statements about reality is inconvenient to me? You math does not add up. Have I ever told you not to search for accurate statements? On the other hand, I think there is much more to consider. If you search for accurate statements from others, you are depending on others for all your knowledge. Further without Discovering the proof for yourself, you are choosing to form Beliefs about things instead of facts. With this in mind one must ponder what facts one truly wants to Discover and what beliefs one wants to hold. What do you seek??

Bird123

Exactly, the existence of evil necessitates hate which is negative valuing. Whether you want good and evil to exist or not or appeal to consequences, doesn't do with the fact good and evil is real.

Your philosophy can't even acknowledge good and evil, because you know it means the other things you don't want to be true come with it.

The thing about good and evil is that yes, picking evil has severe consequences, but so does than picking good have more of an intense reward. That you gain honor and pleasure of God you would otherwise not gain. That you gain a place with God you would otherwise not without this trial.
What is it that I don't want to be true that comes with it? Reality is about WHAT IS! It is not about wants.

Hate is a Choice. Is there really ever a necessity to Hate for any reason? I don't see it. Don't Hate. Fix the problems. Evil disappears with the understanding of all sides. Sometimes this takes Living the side in order to Understand it.

Intelligence and Understanding brings advances. Look at the past history of mankind. Cavemen and women had a hard life. They looked for the best choices and it carries forward to what we have today.

Survival of the fittest was at the caveman level. Today, more than just the fittest survive today. Best choice? The Diversity of ideas that spawned from those better at other things than mere survival has brought advances that leads us all forward.

WE against They, Good against Evil and this sort of thinking along with the desire to Rule and Control others leads to wars and misery for all. What would happen if all that energy to Hate, Rule and Control was used to Fix the problems? The world would be much different today.

God's Love is Unconditional. That means everyone will have a place with God. This is regardless of how you do not want that for others or want Payback, Revenge and to Hurt and Hate others. God is at a Higher Level above all those petty things mankind holds so dear. Why is that? It is the Intelligent way to be!!

Do you really think Hate is Intelligent?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you open your eyes and see nothing, the truth of your blindness will not be a pleasing thing.
That's exactly what I'm trying to tell you.

But you're very quick to defend your eyes-shut position. You can't even see that you have no effective definition of truth, no meaningful concept of truth, nothing that might give you an objective standard of truth.

Why do you assume the fact that you are in search for accurate statements about reality is inconvenient to me?
For a start, you seem to have no coherent concept of what objective reality actually is.

one must ponder what facts one truly wants to Discover and what beliefs one wants to hold. What do you seek??
Accurate statements about reality. Whatever's there, let it be found, described, and if we can, understood.

Whatever doesn't have objective existence, but is purely conceptual, notional, imaginary, let it be clearly understood to be just that.

Which is why you need what you don't presently have, a clear and meaningful concept of truth, and a consequent objective test for truth.