• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

ppp

It does not "become" aware .. a box is a box, and a human being is a human being.
They are both (physical) objects.
The universe is not an object, as such.
Those are certainly three sentences.

..but I know what you are getting at .. and still do not agree :)
i.e. we are part of the universe
It seems unlikely that you do, as I never suggested that we are not part of the universe. And stressing part does not address what I am getting at (aka what I said).

Bird123

Why do you ALWAYS duck that question?

Is it that you don't know the answer? If that's the case, please say so.

Is it that you know the answer but don't think it's advantageous to whatever it is you're trying to convey? If that's the case, again, please say so.
The answer fits outside your box of Beliefs. I have answered all your questions time and time again. You keep asking because you think everything falls within your belief of what reality is. Like I said, no matter how many times I answer, you reject it. One accepts or rejects Beliefs. I am not dealing with Beliefs and you should not rely on them for everything.

I have pointed the direction by which you can Discover all the answers for yourself. You are a Spiritual being in your true nature. How about Discovering who you really are? Wisdom is acquired along the journey to acquire knowledge. Your proof arrives after the journey, not before.

Worry not. There will come a time when you will understand what I have been telling you. That physical body has a time limit. Regardless of your choices, you will know. At this point won't it be refreshing not to rely on those Beliefs.

That narrow view prevents you from seeing so very much. On the other hand, like so many people that value beliefs, it is what you really want. That too will be a Lesson to Learn!!

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
We have evidence of universe, but no evidence of God or soul. Or that God has been sending prophets/sons/messengers/manifestations/mahdis to us? Are you going to provide some or just assert things?
There is evidence that people have claimed to be a messenger/prophet of God. And there's lot of people that have believed them. Some people have actually tried to follow, as best they could, the teachings of some of those people claiming to be sent from God. But it sure seems like most just do the minimum of doing and a whole lot of talking about how great and true their God and prophet are.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
It seems unlikely that you do, as I never suggested that we are not part of the universe. And stressing part does not address what I am getting at (aka what I said).
Perhaps not, but it does illustrate what I'm on about.
i.e. the universe (as a whole) is aware

I think that most Western people are of Christian origin, and think of God in an anthropomorphic sense..
..much like Jesus being God etc.

God is NOT a person, as I understand it .. we are ALL "God" in some abstract sense.
i.e. our soul/person belongs to God .. is of God

Bird123

I have beliefs but so do you. You just refuse to admit it. What you have are beliefs because they are not facts.
Why do you think that what you discover is what is? What does that even mean?

No, you do not know God and you have had no interaction with God. I consider you to be delusional.

No, you do not know that, you only BELIEVE that.
What is a Masterpiece?

I have lived a lot longer than you have and I have discovered more than you have. My beliefs don't interfere with my living life.

That is what you do, pick beliefs that make you happy. That is not what I do.

I have what I can know of the truth about God. You have nothing but your made up beliefs.

OK. Let's sum it up. You do not Understand anything about God. You call what God has revealed through Messengers petty.
You live in a fantasy of your own creation.
Unconditional Love is not good. It is bad for evil people because it makes them think that what they do is just fine. It is the worst thing you can do for them.

If the messengers say they come from God, you jump right in and believe because you want what they are saying. You want payback. You want to hurt others that you judge as evil.

You want to be more important or special to God than others. The messengers allow you to do that. Does hating and degrading others really make you better? How many have you hurt when you label them as evil? Is this really the way to goodness? You don't even see it. You have no clue. Could you be labeled evil because you hurt others?

Now, when I say I have interacted with God, you say all I have are beliefs. You say I am living in a fantasy. You say I know nothing about God. What makes me different from those messengers? I am telling you what is and not what you want to hear in order to justify your actions and choices. I am placing truth in the world with no demands. Those messengers beg you to Believe and follow. They have nothing if you don't. I'll tell you be who you must. It's a part of the plan!!

Do you know this world is about Unconditional Love? Can you see? Do you even know what Unconditional Love really is?

You claim to have Discovered more than I simply because you are older. How can you possibly make such a claim? Everyone learns different things along their journey. Are you missing a great opportunity from those younger around you by assuming you know more?

I spent many many years watching and studying God's actions. I already knew what God was doing long before God's visit. On the other hand, all I had were beliefs even though things added up perfectly. My visit from God simply confirmed what I had Discovered. God's visit also gave me scope of God's Intellect along with how one is at a Higher Level.

Do not discount an interaction with God. This is something that can not be imagined or duplicated. God is working on multiple levels with multiple views. It is a struggle just to keep up. It takes a very intelligent person a week to figure out all that was said. Who knows went right over one's head? Names are never needed. Everyone already knows who everyone is. Everyone already knows God .

Everyone has been taught by religions that God is ruling, controlling, judging, condemning, punishing, angry, wrath. demanding and such. Nothing is further than the truth. Everyone is going to really like God. God is at a Higher Level without all the baggage and garbage that so many people carry around valuing those petty things mankind holds so dear. When you finally Discover what Unconditional Love is, know that God is Unconditional Love.

OK. Let religions, the messengers, and the world come to me and tell me who God is. I will know whether they have a clue or not. Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. Like any creation, it reflects those who created or started those religions. The petty things mankind holds so dear is being taught by religions because they come from mankind not God.

Does that make religions Evil? In a multilevel classroom one will see others learning lessons one has already learned. Since Discovering all sides is the path to Discovering what the Best choices really are, how can one be labeled as Evil? The anger and hate generated by that label will never ever bring the best results. Don't believe me? Your free choices and your lessons will lead you to the answers.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Nah. You have not illustrated. You have simply asserted, recited and repeated the same fallacious statement.
Universe: all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos.

..so I am not saying that every particle in the universe is thinking .. aware.
..but CONSIDERED AS A WHOLE, it is aware :)

..or perhaps you can explain to me how billions of creatures are aware,
whilst the universe/cosmos is not !

ppp

Universe: all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos.
That may or may not be the cosmos. Let's stick with universe.
..so I am not saying that every particle in the universe is thinking .. aware.
I got that.
..but CONSIDERED AS A WHOLE, it is aware :)
That is the aforementioned fallacious statement that you have simply reworded and repeated. See my previous posts.

..or perhaps you can explain to me how billions of creatures are aware,
whilst the universe/cosmos is not !
Non sequitur.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You can think of yourself as "insignificant", if it pleases you ;)
..but you are just using deviation to wriggle out.
Wriggle out of what? I state what is so obvious. We have been here for just about 200,000 years and do not know how long we will last. The theists try to wriggle out of our insignificant existence by thinking that humans are something different from animals. God and messengers came up either out of personal greed or psychological disturbance.
i.e. our soul/person belongs to God .. is of God
Two unproven things, God and soul here.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If the messengers say they come from God, you jump right in and believe because you want what they are saying. You want payback. You want to hurt others that you judge as evil.
No, I never 'jumped in' and believed the Messenger was from God. I did the necessary research before I ever believed in my religion.

I do not want payback and I don't want to hurt anyone. You took what I said and twisted it and made that all up in your own head.

I do not judge anyone. Only God can judge. I have an opinion that some people are evil from observing their behavior. Premeditated murder for sex or money is clearly evil. Rape is evil.

In your mind everyone is good and there are no bad or evil people in the world, so we should treat everyone the same, and love them unconditionally. You live in some kind of a bubble, a fantasy world you have created for yourself, since you want to believe everyone is good.
You want to be more important or special to God than others. The messengers allow you to do that.
I do not think I am special to God because I believe in Messengers. The Messenger came for all of humanity. It is obvious that you are projecting your own feelings onto me. You want to be more important or special to God than others, and your 'belief' that you have a personal connection to God and you know God allows you to believe that.
Does hating and degrading others really make you better? How many have you hurt when you label them as evil? Is this really the way to goodness? You don't even see it. You have no clue. Could you be labeled evil because you hurt others?
This only goes from bad to worse. I do not hate anyone and I do not degrade anyone.
Some people are just evil. You don't even see it. You have no clue. You live in a bubble.
I do not hurt anyone so I am not evil.
Now, when I say I have interacted with God, you say all I have are beliefs. You say I am living in a fantasy. You say I know nothing about God.
NOBODY has ever interacted with God. You know nothing about God because you have no way to know anything.
What makes me different from those messengers? I am telling you what is and not what you want to hear in order to justify your actions and choices. I am placing truth in the world with no demands. Those messengers beg you to Believe and follow. They have nothing if you don't. I'll tell you be who you must. It's a part of the plan!!]
What makes you different from the Messengers is that you never got any messages from God. You are not telling what is, you are telling what you 'believe' is. The Messengers got messages from God so they are telling what is.

What makes you different from the Messengers is that you are not placing truth in the world. The Messengers place Truth in the world.
Do you know this world is about Unconditional Love? Can you see? Do you even know what Unconditional Love really is?
No, this world is not about Unconditional Love because if it was there could be no justice. That is only your delusion.

4. Unconditional love undermines justice.​

There would be no sanctions or punishments for those who have hurt others. Crazy, right?

If life has purpose and meaning—which most people believe it does, there can be no such thing as an unconditional experience.

We are creatures of perception and everything has purpose and meaning.

We are confronted by conditions that invite and allow us to learn and grow.

Unconditional love wipes that out and dismisses the significance of ourselves and others as unique human beings. It makes all behaviors OK, and they are not!
You claim to have Discovered more than I simply because you are older. How can you possibly make such a claim? Everyone learns different things along their journey. Are you missing a great opportunity from those younger around you by assuming you know more?
I do not know more because I am older but I have struggled for most of my life and I have learned through these struggles.
I spent many many years watching and studying God's actions. I already knew what God was doing long before God's visit. On the other hand, all I had were beliefs even though things added up perfectly. My visit from God simply confirmed what I had Discovered. God's visit also gave me scope of God's Intellect along with how one is at a Higher Level.
Nobody can study God's actions because nobody can ever know what God is doing at any time.
God does not visit anyone. That is how I know God never visited you.
Do not discount an interaction with God.
I discount it because God doesn't interact with anyone. God is not a person!
Everyone has been taught by religions that God is ruling, controlling, judging, condemning, punishing, angry, wrath. demanding and such. Nothing is further than the truth. Everyone is going to really like God. God is at a Higher Level without all the baggage and garbage that so many people carry around valuing those petty things mankind holds so dear. When you finally Discover what Unconditional Love is, know that God is Unconditional Love.
You are completely clueless about who God is. God loves but God also judges and has wrath. Sorry you don't like it.
You want to like God so you created a God in your own mind, and you want others to believe in your make-believe God.
OK. Let religions, the messengers, and the world come to me and tell me who God is. I will know whether they have a clue or not. Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. Like any creation, it reflects those who created or started those religions. The petty things mankind holds so dear is being taught by religions because they come from mankind not God.
What you believe about God is your attempt to understand God, which is an exercise in futility since one can only know about God from religion.
What Messengers taught comes from God, not from humans, and later a religion is established by humans.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Two unproven things, God and soul here.
..you have to think "out of the box" .. lateral thinking .. can you do that? ;)

Hint: translate soul as mind, essence of person, character, ego and what-not
Hint 2: translate God as some unifying entity / concept /phenomena

There! Wasn't so hard, was it? :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
..you have to think "out of the box" .. lateral thinking .. can you do that? ;)

Hint: translate soul as mind, essence of person, character, ego and what-not
Hint 2: translate God as some unifying entity / concept /phenomena

There! Wasn't so hard, was it? :D
You mean I should imagine. :)
Why should I change names to what you suggest.
Mind, character, ego of a person dies with the person, buy you will say that soul persists unless it is destroyed by your God at the end of days. The unifying entity is there, it is 'physical energy', but it did not give the rules of life engraved on stone, it does not help when you pray, it does not need prayers, nor does it raises the dead and judges dead people for their actions.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Indeed, I do not claim to remember anything about before I was born. :)

..but I have good reason to believe that the Bible and Qur'an are not works of fiction.
What I meant is that we cannot know what the afterlife will be like, even though we believe it exists.

Do you believe that "you" existed before you were born? That implies reincarnation, which is not taught in the Bible or the Qur'an.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
When you finally Discover what Unconditional Love is, know that God is Unconditional Love.
From I Corinthians...
16:14 Let all that you do be done in love. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.

13:13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

13:4-8 NIV Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I don't know why a Baha'i would have a problem with this. Here's some Baha'i quotes about love...

We bow our heads in humility before the awesome majesty of the divine Creator, who out of His infinite love has created all humanity from the same stock; exalted the gemlike reality of man; honored it with intellect and wisdom, nobility and immortality; and conferred upon man the “unique distinction and capacity to know Him and to love Him,” a capacity that “must needs be regarded as the generating impulse and the primary purpose underlying the whole of creation. – The Universal House of Justice, The Promise of World Peace, p. 5.
Know thou of a certainty that Love is the secret of God’s holy Dispensation… the fountain of spiritual outpourings. Love is heaven’s kindly light, the Holy Spirit’s eternal breath that vivifieth the human soul. Love is the cause of God’s revelation unto man, the vital bond inherent, in accordance with the divine creation, in the realities of things. Love is the one means that ensureth true felicity both in this world and the next. Love is the light that guideth in darkness, the living link that uniteth God with man, that assureth the progress of every illumined soul. Love is the most great law that ruleth this mighty and heavenly cycle, the unique power that bindeth together the divers elements of this material world, the supreme magnetic force that directeth the movements of the spheres in the celestial realms. Love revealeth with unfailing and limitless power the mysteries latent in the universe. Love is the spirit of life unto the adorned body of mankind, the establisher of true civilization in this mortal world, and the shedder of imperishable glory upon every high-aiming race and nation. – Abdu’l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha, p. 27.
But can people really love God and all people with an unconditional love?