• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

Muffled

Jesus in me
God wants you to follow his orders, which there are many. God's primary reason for artificially creating the human race was to have premium selection of afterlife to be sent to paradise and to send the standard afterlife back to Earth and avoid hell. That is what God told me in an interview.
I believe He is usually more lucid than that but then you are not quoting Him are you?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe power is nether good nor evil. The person wielding it is either performing good or evil.
Do you believe the same about other virtues such as patience, forbearance, appreciation, compassion, they are neither good nor evil?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is part of prayer taught from Imam Sajjad (a):

أَشْكُو إلَيْكَ يَا إلهِي ضَعْفَ نَفْسِي
ash-kw ilay-ka yaaa ilaahee z''aa'-fa naf-see
46.I complain to You, my God, of my soul - which is too weak

عَنِ الْمُسَارَعَةِ فِيمَا وَعَدْتَهُ أَوْلِيَآءَكَ،
a'nil-musaaraa'ti feemaa waa't-tahooo aw-leeaaa-ak
47.to hurry to that which You hast promised Your friends

وَالْمُجَانَبَةِ عَمَّا حَذَّرْتَهُ أَعْدَآءَكَ،
wal-mujaanabati a'm-maa h'ad'-d'ar-tahooo aa'-daaa-ak
48.or to avoid that against which You hast cautioned Your enemies -

وَكَثْرَةَ هُمُومِي وَوَسْوَسَةَ نَفْسِي .
wa kath-rata humoomee wa was-wasata naf-see
49.and of the multitude of my concerns, and of my soul's confusing thoughts.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
It is my faith that God organized me and gave me agency so that I, like Him, may have a fullness of joy.

Bird123

If/when you see God for yourself, then you will know the truth.
Then I know the Truth!!
If God exists, then God can be found. God can be found. On the other hand, I find few that really want to find God at all.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Bird123

Real things exist in reality, are found in the world external to the self. Notions, ideas, concepts, imaginings, dreams, visions, whatever are not real\ in the sense of existing out there in reality. In each case they're particular brain states and processes of an individual brain.

God never appears, never says, never does, answers prayers at a rate indistinguishable from the rate at which life or chance answers them. The only manner in which God exists is as a concept / thing imagined in an individual brain. That's why you can't show me a photo of [him]

Who I really am is an example of a male H sap sap, entirely physical, entirely biochemical / bioelectrical.

What evidence (as distinct from assertion) do you offer that contradicts me?

You say you're not encased in your physical form, so tell me ─ what is the implement presently resting on the front right corner of the support that holds up my computer screen?

Then just download the photo, the video, your interview with [him]. You're saying nothing imaginary / purely conceptual is involved, so just do it.
So now you are telling me what God never does or says???

Have you not heard a word I have been telling you? Do you ignore everything outside that box of beliefs that you want so badly to be true?

Have I not told you where you might find God? Have I not told you how to explore the Spiritual side along with others that might help point the way?

If you insist everything must be in terms of the physical and in the manner you want to be true, you are going to wall yourself away from so very much. On the other hand, I think this is what you want. What is it that you are so afraid of that you will not even try?

You already know God. You already know Spiritual. You know sentience.

Give me a photo of your sentience. Give me a photo of thinking. Give me a photo of feeling. Give me a photo of Happiness. Give me a photo of an Idea.

You already think it terms of eternal. Love should last forever. The mind is eternally youthful even in an old body. Those gifts you receive that touch you spiritually you remember far longer than those physical gifts. Can you remember how someone touched your soul so to speak?

You ignore so many things. What are you afraid of? Why do you run from the truth?

Yes, you already know God whether you realize this or not. Further, you are really going to like God. At your point of understanding, a visit with God would leave you no more than confused. You are not ready but that's ok.

Perhaps, your first move would be to study yourself. Discover why you make the choices you do. Studying why choices are made is part of finding and understanding God. Perhaps the practice on yourself will shine light on the direction by which your path will move forward. Others can point, however no one can do it for you.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Then I know the Truth!!
If God exists, then God can be found. God can be found. On the other hand, I find few that really want to find God at all.

Well, if you ever find God, see ya.
Assuming you'll be one of the few that won't be back.

Bird123

Are you trying to tell me that mankind has no needs? Knows it all? Doesn't falter?
Our souls are fragile .. we can ruin them very easily, but the road to success is narrow.

..you'll have to be more specific..

Agreed upon.

Agreed upon.

..well, G-d knows all :)

It is the nature of our souls .. in order to go forward, we need to "unload" our sins..
..get rid of that nasty stain.

G-d wishes all souls to be successful .. but He knows that some won't be.
Some souls willfully rebel .. satan being a prime example.

No, not at all .. that would only be true, if He did not warn us beforehand.

G-d does not force us to only do deeds that are good for our souls.
He has created us independent, for reasons best known to Him.
..we can imagine what they might be..

However, G-d has not left us without guidance i.e. Bible/Qur'an

No .. that is just you talking.. :D

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So now you are telling me what God never does or says???
You say God has objective existence, is not simply conceptual / imaginary.

So where's the photo, the video, the interview, the examinable evidence of this claimed reality?

Have you not heard a word I have been telling you? Do you ignore everything outside that box of beliefs that you want so badly to be true?
Have you not heard a word I have been telling you?

If God has objective existence as you assert, where's the photo, the video, the interview, the examinable evidence of this claimed reality?

Bird123

Are you trying to tell me that mankind has no needs? Knows it all? Doesn't falter?
Our souls are fragile .. we can ruin them very easily, but the road to success is narrow.

..you'll have to be more specific..

Agreed upon.

Agreed upon.

..well, G-d knows all :)

It is the nature of our souls .. in order to go forward, we need to "unload" our sins..
..get rid of that nasty stain.

G-d wishes all souls to be successful .. but He knows that some won't be.
Some souls willfully rebel .. satan being a prime example.

No, not at all .. that would only be true, if He did not warn us beforehand.

G-d does not force us to only do deeds that are good for our souls.
He has created us independent, for reasons best known to Him.
..we can imagine what they might be..

However, G-d has not left us without guidance i.e. Bible/Qur'an

No .. that is just you talking.. :D
Given enough time, the road to success is 100% guaranty. There is nothing narrow about that.

I agree. All God's children need an education. That is what this world is all about.

Is your soul really fragile? Who you are is eternal. I would say that is pretty substantial.

Falter? What is wrong with faltering?? Do you really think nothing is gained by faltering?

Unload sins? Simple. Do not hold onto mistakes. Learn then move on. Stains??No one gets wise or good without mistakes. I can't wait for my next great screw up. It's going to be Glorious!! Just think how much I will learn through the experience to understand all sides.

Stain concept is just a concept to make one feel bad about oneself supplying a need for them to help. They love followers. Everyone is rotten so they can fix it. That is not goodness!!

If God knows souls won't be successful, why make them at all? Only a Monster would create anyone to go to Hell. Is God really a Monster to you? Where is your math? You can't have it both ways.

Free choices exists because there can be no real learning without it. If God stopped you from a free choice, you would just choose it as soon as you were free. Controlling one's choices hinders learning. Choose freely what lessons you want to learn. Those actions and choices shows God and the world what one knows and what one needs to learn. Each chooses the lessons for themselves.

Satan does not exist except in the stories of mankind. Why Why Why must everyone need someone to Blame? Blame is one of the petty things mankind holds so dear. It is useless energy spent.
God is very very smart. In time, all the kiddies will learn how to create a heavenly state for themselves and others. It's just going to take a few more lessons than most have been told from religion.

Holy books are all creations of mankind. That is who they reflect more than anything else. God places knowledge around us all. It waits to be Discovered. This knowledge can not be altered by mankind. How long did mankind watch birds fly before they figured out how? The knowledge was there all along. All the secrets of God and the universe stare us all in the face. God is hiding nothing.

Bird123

It is my faith that God organized me and gave me agency so that I, like Him, may have a fullness of joy.
Yes, in time, all God's children will learn through their free choices how to create a Heavenly state for themselves and others. Indeed, there is much to learn and experience.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
If God knows souls won't be successful, why make them at all?
You are being illogical.
On the one hand, you agree we have free-will to choose, and on the other hand,
you say that if we choose wrongly, we shouldn't have been created.
Ummm .. doesn't add up!

Satan does not exist except in the stories of mankind..
..so evil souls do not exist?

Holy books are all creations of mankind..
Of course they are .. books have to be printed in some form.
..but it's their origin which is important.
Your claim that they are all made-up cannot be substantiated.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Free choices exists because there can be no real learning without it.
I believe the God in your scenario while has good interest in heart of mankind, the lesson type as opposed to rewarding people with closeness to him if they are good, makes life purpose relatively meaningless. It would be better to him have created everything in heavenly state and skipped the lesson. What is the lesson that we learn anyways? That we are screw ups and God wants to show that our decisions lead to self-harm and harms of others? It's not much of a meaningful lesson.

I believe God wanted to create us all in heavenly state, but that unexpected rebellion from his creation has complicated things. And if God can make us all ascend to him, he would, but free-will factors into ascension.

Your scenario works only if souls are reformed once witnessing God's Nature. If he can just make us love him through witnessing him, what keeps him from manifesting himself fully now? In my understanding and paradigm, there is harms in bringing the signs out all in a clear way to mankind when mankind is averse to the proof. But let's hear what is your excuse. In your scenario love of God fixes all souls when witnessed after death, so why doesn't he show himself? The lesson that there were consequences to our actions and what could've, would've and better been choices, is trivial reason to hide himself till now. What is he really teaching us, that he hides himself, does nothing for guiding us, that we will screw up in this scenario? What type of lesson is that. And what type of lesson where good goes unrewarded by him and evil with no consequence. That justice is unimportant?

God is hidden to whatever degree he needs to be and manifests when and where it is needed.

He wants every soul to strive for him and the only thing that prevents God from showing himself to his creation, is their actions are for other than him.

Sargonski

OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.

God told us what She Want .. over and over and over.. what "High Intellect" asking this rhetorical question .. for those with ears that can hear .. the certain intonations from the Godhead.

Why you not Listen -- why not heard .. "The Word" -- of the Logos --

Have you not read the Bible mate ? never looked for the clue ? -- Matt 7:12 .. it is all you need to do .. the word of Hillel .. that of the Prophet Muhamu and Buddha ... Confucius he tell you its True .. and from the Most High .. it come down to be .. a Priest King we all know to be Hammurabi .. when asked by an infidel to sum up the entire Torah while standing on one foot .. "Don't do to others what you hate" - The rest is all commentary - now go and Learn what the Logos been telling humanity throughout history ..... over and over.. over and over .. but not listen .. cept for the founders .. they listened .. but we now want to throw away this wisdom... cause the people will not Listen.

Gassim

Sorry, you were saying that you DO answer questions frankly and without evasion, weren't you?

So the question here is,

a) what is your definition of truth?

b) what objective test for truth does it provide?
Truth is the living one who never dies. Therefore, everyone and everything will perish except God.

Sargonski

Truth is the living one who never dies. Therefore, everyone and everything will perish except God.
That is a horrible answer of meaningless God speak ... that is not what Truth is ... gobble - dee - gook is not the Truth - The Way - The Life but the words down the dark path .. for if everything will perish .. there is no eternal life .. no heaven .. just a dark black pit of nothingness awaits .. and if that is the case as you proclaim, then what does it matter what the living one wants... ?

Thus in the words of the Immortal and Messianic Screwface from the movie "Marked for Death" --- Everybody wanna go heaven - Nobody wanna get dead

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OR
Truth is a quality of statements and a statement is true to the extent that it corresponds with / accurately reflects reality, the world external to the self.

The advantage of my definition is that it gives you an objective test for whether any statement is true or not.

But I agree with you that it's in the nature of all living things to die, whether they be amoebae, moss, insect, spider, bird, tree, human.

It seems to follow that if God will never die, it will be because [he] was never alive, no? That would fit the data.

Bird123

Well, if you ever find God, see ya.
Assuming you'll be one of the few that won't be back.
All the secrets of God and the universe stare us in the face. When one reaches a certain level of understanding, one might just get a visit from God. Without a certain amount of understanding, most would just be confused by the experience.

Names are never used. Everyone already knows who everyone is. You already know God and do not realize it. God has an intellect off the scales. We are but mere ants. God is working on multiple levels with multiple views. One is peddling as fast as one can in order to just keep up. A few moments conversation might take a very smart person a week to realize all that was said. Who knows what was missed going over one's head?

God isn't what religion is teaching. I have found no religion that really understands God at all. God is at a Higher Level and does not value those petty things mankind holds so dear. In other words, God isn't carrying around the baggage or garbage so many carry around. Everyone is going to like God.

This might be hard to understand for some but God is about What Is.

As I became an adult, I realized so much of religion and holy books simply did not add up. This is when I started the journey to Discover what actually was the truth. The road was long but I put the pieces together. I think God's visit was merely to confirm what I have discovered on my own. Remember God doesn't just give knowledge. It must be Discovered.

I Discovered much. I understood God and what is really going on. On the other hand, finding proof of a Spiritual Being in a physical world is hard to come by. I think God popped in to give me proof.

This world isn't about Discovering God. I was just one who had to know the Real Truth. It has never ever been about believing or following. Further, God will not intimidate anyone's free choices. That would defeat the purpose of God's system. If a visit would intimidate one's choices, the visit isn't going to happen. Worry not, everyone will see God and experience God's Unconditional Love that heals all hurt between physical lifetimes. God shows everyone that it has never ever been about punishment.