• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

Bthoth

Everyone has his own view and belief. We need to respect each other for everyone his own belief Stephen Hawking had honestly expressed the question of belief.

The most striking summary of the late British physicist Stephen Hawking's book "Short Answers to Great Questions" was released after his death and includes answers to questions such as "How did it all start?" And "Are we going to survive on Earth?" But the most critical subject discussed in the book is "Is there a God? The late scientist said he did not want to give the impression of his work that it was to prove or deny the existence of God. He summarized his conception of God according to one's belief and said: "We are free to the question of belief, and in my opinion, the simplest explanation is that there is no God.” No one has created the universe, and no one directs our destinies."
That was even better than string theory.

ppp

Everyone has his own view and belief.
And yet you call me dogmatic merely for disagreeing with you. It is possible for a person to disagree with you, @Gassim, without adhering to a dogma.

We need to respect each other for everyone his own belief
We need to afford each other a basic level of respect for simply being human. We do not need to respect a belief merely because another human has that belief. Beliefs should be considered and evaluated individually. Any belief may be wonderful, or crappy, or somewhere in between. It is irresponsible, and sometimes immoral, to respect some beliefs.

Gassim

What does God want from me?

God feeds me when I allow God to teach me, so what is this that God wants from me—a relationship?

I'll add more. I've seen light that feeds, and so this light can think and renew for deeper understanding.

So in this, what does God want for me? I want to drink from light and cycle thoughts, so two thoughts are going on: my thoughts and light thoughts, so that's back to that word relationship.
God does not need anything from us because he is self-sufficient
No, nobody knows for sure.

Nobody knows for sure. :D
If you wish to know what after life like. You can read the holy books you might get hints how after life will be like.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is two models of approach.

I'm going to create God according to my image, and reflect my image onto him.
I'm going to create my image according to God and reflect him onto my image.

I've chosen the latter. I believe @Bird123 has chosen the former.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God does not need anything from us because he is self-sufficient
I agree. God has no needs, only humans and other animals have needs. Whatever God gives us is only for our own benefit.

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures.”​
“Consider the mercy of God and His gifts. He enjoineth upon you that which shall profit you, though He Himself can well dispense with all creatures.” Gleanings, p. 140
“The one true God, exalted be His glory, hath wished nothing for Himself. The allegiance of mankind profiteth Him not, neither doth its perversity harm Him. The Bird of the Realm of Utterance voiceth continually this call: “All things have I willed for thee, and thee, too, for thine own sake.”​
If you wish to know what after life like. You can read the holy books you might get hints how after life will be like.
“Death proffereth unto every confident believer the cup that is life indeed. It bestoweth joy, and is the bearer of gladness. It conferreth the gift of everlasting life.” Gleanings, p. 345

But what does that actually mean? How do we know if we are a confident believer? What will joy and gladness consist of? What is everlasting life?
I do not believe everlasting life means living forever, since I believe that all souls will continue to exist forever, but not everyone will have everlasting life, which is nearness to God, but how will that play out in the afterlife?

There are hints in the holy books but there is no real information. God keeps the mystery of the afterlife under His hat. We are told that one reason the afterlife has not been described in the holy books is because we could never comprehend a world that is so different from this wold.

“As to those that have tasted of the fruit of man’s earthly existence, which is the recognition of the one true God, exalted be His glory, their life hereafter is such as We are unable to describe. The knowledge thereof is with God, alone, the Lord of all worlds.” Gleanings, pp. 345-346

Little Dragon

The former would be standard practice among most people who believe they are in communication with "God".
Their Gods, mere reflections of their biases, prejudices, anxieties, fears, hopes and aspirations.

Bird123

There is two models of approach.

I'm going to create God according to my image, and reflect my image onto him.
I'm going to create my image according to God and reflect him onto my image.

Where have you gotten the image of God to reflect on your image? Did it come from a holy book written by mankind?

Everything about God will add up perfectly. Can you say holy books add up perfectly and you can find no fault in them? Do you question or merely accept?

Free choice is an important part to God's system. I make no demands and I am happy with any free choice anyone makes as long as it is their own.

There is a third approach you have not considered and it is my approach. It is Seek out and Discover what actually is. I started my journey to Discover the real truth when I found that so much of those holy books did not add up. Being one who must know, I started a journey to Discover the Real Truth regardless of what that truth turned out to be. I was even open to the possibility that God didn't exist at all. I am not creating God to the image I want. I continue on my journey to Discover what is. I find there is always more to Discover about God and God's actions and choices. I have spoken to who God is, however there will always be more to Learn and Discover.

I guess it all comes down to what one seeks. I could never be satisfied with mere Beliefs regardless of those around me that might want me to do so. Perhaps, that's is why I had a visit from God. God gave me the gift of knowing. Of course, God never showed up until I had Discovered a certain amount of knowledge. It is a gift none the less. There is a greater strength in knowing than could ever exist merely believing.

You have all my Love and Kindness regardless of any free choices you choose to make.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Bird123

Thanks? She's not getting it. I don't recall asking for existence.
You might not recall at this moment, however there will come a time when you will, once again, experience God's Unconditional Love. It is a Love that feels so good and is so complete one would do anything for it. You will be so happy that not only do you exist but your existence is eternal.

It's too late. God is already getting it.

Little Dragon

You might not recall at this moment, however there will come a time when you will, once again, experience God's Unconditional Love. It is a Love that feels so good and is so complete one would do anything for it. You will be so happy that not only do you exist but your existence is eternal.

It's too late. God is already getting it.

Well, we shall see. It's not that I resent existing, as such. I would have preferred to have existed on a planet that isn't quite so hopelessly messed up. However, fate saw fit to send me to this madhouse (planet, not forum), I doubt it was for my benefit. Time for bed. Later.