• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What evidence for God

Orias

Left Hand Path
Seems to me the biggest piece of evidence is the fact that Believers cannot produce anything that convinces those outside their choir.

Heh, let's call that a mestemic delusion.

Actually, it is not an argument.
it is merely an insistence in actually following the rules.
One would think theists would be all about following rules...:rolleyes:

Rules suck! :thud:

If your argument that god exists is so weak that you have to turn the tides and claim that what you believe is true until it is proven false, I most sincerely hope that you do not believe that uncle sam is the son of a green martian who married a pig.
Cause really now, how would that be proven false?
Especially to someone (and I am not saying that you are one) who refuses to accept that their beliefs are just that, beliefs.
I mean, they have obviously failed to show that their god exists, thus the reason for the onus change, right?

Your right, he's just better of just using that argument from the start.

Oh that's simple.
See if you cannot even show that god exists, how can you expect anyone to accept that he did something?

Lol, exactly.

Though this claim you present is chock full of personification, it is the one claim from your false dilemma that has evidence.

I thought Christians didn't need to hand over evidence, they have faith :angel2:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What evidence for God? I have two: The first is the universe. The second is Mark Twain's answer to this same question which was put to him, and the answer was, The Jews. If it were not for us, Mankind would still be in the cave worshiping the stone and the fire, or perhaps a block of wood in the shape of a demon.

1. The universe could merely be evidence for the big bang.

2. Religions before Judaism: Animism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Zoroastrianism, and tons more.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
There has only been circular evidence in here, I've searched all of the posts. It drives me crazy

Orias

Left Hand Path
I'm surprised that no one here has brought up the topic of the "demiurge". Wonder how closely this can actually relate to "God".

Orias

Left Hand Path
1. The universe could merely be evidence for the big bang.

Which could also be evidence for God.

Who knows, maybe he farted and created everything :help:

2. Religions before Judaism: Animism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Zoroastrianism, and tons more.

Educated people know that Abraham was the founder of the Jewish, Christian and Islamic faiths, which makes them all the same, except in interpretation, which even then, is still the same, on a manner of chosing separation and differnces.

Either way I tend to agree with you, I doubt that if the Abrahamic Faiths didn't exist that mankind would still be worshipping the stone and sun, in fact, I have heard many interpretations from people of this cluster of faiths known as Abrahamic that say that their God resembles such entities.

Orias

Left Hand Path
If by evidence you mean testable theories that have been verified the answer is none.

Ad augusta per angusta-To high places by narrow roads.

What testable theories try and find God?

Last edited:

Ubjon

Ad augusta per angusta-To high places by narrow roads.

What testable theories try and find God?

You can test any claims of God intervention. Such a test was carried out in regards to prayers asking for people to have fewer complications following surgery. The result? No significant difference between those prayed for and those who weren't although some of those prayed for had more complications.

Claims to his simple existance can't be tested which means that his existance or non-existance can't be verified either way. The same applies to unicorns and faeries so its nothing to make a fuss over.

Last edited:

Hawkins

(sigh) still no evidence.

Evident to whom? That seems to be a question to ask.

When facing the same evidence, different members in a jury may draw different conclusions. When things are evident to one, the same things may not be evident enough to others.

On the other hand, you can't prove that God is not evident to everyone (even using your standard of what is evident enough). I am quite sure that if you can dwell into my brain to read my mind, you'll draw the conclusion that God is very evident.

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
You can test any claims of God intervention. Such a test was carried out in regards to prayers asking for people to have fewer complications following surgery. The result? No significant difference between those prayed for and those who weren't although some of those prayed for had more complications.

Claims to his simple existance can't be tested which means that his existance or non-existance can't be verified either way. The same applies to unicorns and faeries so its nothing to make a fuss over.

Verified by the five senses, maybe not, but verificationism is dead. God, being a metaphysical existence, can be made a case for by philosophy. And the difference with fairies can be demonstrated. God is more plausible than fairies or unicorns.