• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What evidence is there that the Koran is the word of God?

beerisit

Let me ask you.
What makes that chapter so fantastic? What makes it unrepeatable?
Because the majority of the human population fails to see it.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Let me ask you.
What makes that chapter so fantastic? What makes it unrepeatable?
Because the majority of the human population fails to see it?

Maybe the "fact" (presented by you) that only some are able to see it's fantasticness.

beerisit

So do you want to agree to disagree?
I have no objection to peoples beliefs, I do however object to those same people claiming that their beliefs can be proved by their beliefs, by their books. Such contentions are not supportable. Hows that.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I'm afraid, you are the ones "who don't get it". Did anyone even use this argument??

The argument used was the articles posted by me at the beginning of this thread, the English guy possibly has an excuse that he missed it cause he came late or something, beerisit.. Beerisit, beerisit, beery... I am starting tothink that you are visually handicapped. I have been telling you about the miracle of the Quran and it being inimitable - the prose/poetry thing - but you are STILL clueless! Amazing!
SubhanAllah , even if you read the articles now, and see the challenge and proof, you probably STILL will deny it and claim we "don't have a rock", when it's you who doesn't have a rock, hahaha.

{Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.

Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.}
[ 2:6-7 ]

That type of cycle applies for your arguments - "is the Quran Word of God? No. Why? Cuz I said so and I am logical!!"

Muslim's response: ":facepalm: whata fool.."

OK,lets give it a spin (pun intended),was the challenge of the Qur'an only applicable to the unbelievers Muhammed addressed and not to a non Arab speaking Englishman 1400 years later.

A Troubled Man

The answer should be simple and obvious. If a God does in fact exist, we can treat him like an idiot and assume He will take one person on the planet aside in secret to reveal his word, or we can treat Him like the omniscient being He is supposed to represent and understand He would reveal his word to all of us equally.

OK,lets give it a spin (pun intended),was the challenge of the Qur'an only applicable to the unbelievers Muhammed addressed and not to a non Arab speaking Englishman 1400 years later.

It is applicable to everyone if they want to disprove it so bad. It's not that hard to learn another language especially for a hardened atheist who's goal might be to get people to stop following these religions.

Just cause you don't wanna learn Arabic or find somebody who does, doesn't mean that the miracle doesn't exist.

If you don't wanna learn it and are hard-headed or scared that all your work might lead to failure and greater faith for the followers of religion, then it does not apply to you because of your own laziness.

Whether you want to try it out of not, it will be there.... Waiting for you....
:yes:

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
It is applicable to everyone if they want to disprove it so bad. It's not that hard to learn another language especially for a hardened atheist who's goal might be to get people to stop following these religions.

Wrong,the onus is on you to prove it,Dawah my be an obligation in Islam but you shouldn't expect others to just accept it,IMO the more Islam is preached the less attractive it becomes,people like Deedat and Naik who copied Maulana Abdul Haq Vidyarthi do no favours to Islam,i recommend Naiks "how to deal with an Atheist" which is hilarious though.

It may surprise you but i have no problem with faith which can be a positive force in many peoples life,if it has a detrimental effect on others then thats different,i certainly do not have a "goal" to stop people following their religions.

Just cause you don't wanna learn Arabic or find somebody who does, doesn't mean that the miracle doesn't exist.

Apparently a messenger was sent to each nation,i think ours got lost because he/she never arrived,now if one turns up and translates into English and captures the beauty and eloquence of the Qur'an i'll be getting a new walldrobe and heading for the nearest Mosque,hows that.

If you don't wanna learn it and are hard-headed or scared that all your work might lead to failure and greater faith for the followers of religion, then it does not apply to you because of your own laziness.

Lol,sure enough i can be lazy at times but if i go to France,Italy Spain or Germany i do attempt to speak their language.the likelyhood of needing to speak Arabic is slim but if neccessary i'd give it a go.

Whether you want to try it out of not, it will be there.... Waiting for you....
:yes:

Pour Moi,non merci :no:

Wrong,the onus is on you to prove it,

Inimitable. Proof? How bout the hundreds who have tried. Surely by now at least ONE would have succeeded..

Dawah my be an obligation in Islam but you shouldn't expect others to just accept it

I don't expect others to just accept it. Our duty is only to tell people about Islam and that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger. That is our part only. Then Allah guides whom He wills.

Apparently a messenger was sent to each nation,i think ours got lost because he/she never arrived,

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is the last prophet btw.

Lol,sure enough i can be lazy at times but if i go to France,Italy Spain or Germany i do attempt to speak their language.the likelyhood of needing to speak Arabic is slim but if neccessary i'd give it a go.

Calm down.. I don't need your life story.. I'm just talking about the challenge of God, whether you attempt it or not is up to you.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Inimitable. Proof? How bout the hundreds who have tried. Surely by now at least ONE would have succeeded..

There are many pieces of literature that i would deem far superior to the Qur'an,the Upinishads,Shakespeares Sonnets and plays and many more,learning the 16 Bihars and producing three lines of Arabic that do not fall into any of them seems pointless to me when IMO when after reading the rest of the Qur'an i can see it was authored by a Human/s.

I don't expect others to just accept it. Our duty is only to tell people about Islam and that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger. That is our part only. Then Allah guides whom He wills.

Thats fair enough,it does seem desperate though when we are offered pieces of scripture as scientific miracles.

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is the last prophet btw.

Well if he was the last Prophet we certainly won't get one now.

Calm down.. I don't need your life story.. I'm just talking about the challenge of God, whether you attempt it or not is up to you.

Like i said before,its not likely that your challenge was aimed at a Kuffar such as me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The answer should be simple and obvious. If a God does in fact exist, we can treat him like an idiot and assume He will take one person on the planet aside in secret to reveal his word, or we can treat Him like the omniscient being He is supposed to represent and understand He would reveal his word to all of us equally.

God isn't stupid. He doesn't waste His time with twerps.

It is consistent with the Bible that God singles out individuals to hear His word and proclaim it to other people and then makes sure it gets set down in print.

A Troubled Man

God isn't stupid. He doesn't waste His time with twerps.

Speaking for God, are you? How do you know that for a fact? Why did God create twerps?

It is consistent with the Bible that God singles out individuals to hear His word and proclaim it to other people and then makes sure it gets set down in print.
Yes, that is why we understand the Bible (or any other scriptures) is the word of men and not a god. Consistency can also take the form of being wrong or false.

It absolutely makes no sense whatsoever for any god to seek out one individual to reveal his word. It only makes sense that a god reveals his word to everyone equally so that his word is not skewed or distorted in any way, especially something so important as the ultimate word of a god.

It's called, "Hearing it from the horse's mouth".