• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What IF McCain Wins? What Will You Do?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
He has the power to send in troops for 60 days. He used it. That does not really mean he started the war.

I dont know...I kind of think it really does mean that..(that he "started" the war)...

But who knows...

Love

Dallas

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I'm with Dallas on this one. I highly doubt that anyone living in Baghdad at the time feels like the war didn't really start until our Congress authorized it. I'm guessing that they feel like it started when the first bombs started ripping buildings apart in the downtown area.

Call it a hunch.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I'm with Dallas on this one. I highly doubt that anyone living in Baghdad at the time feels like the war didn't really start until our Congress authorized it. I'm guessing that they feel like it started when the first bombs started ripping buildings apart in the downtown area.

Call it a hunch.

And the bombs bursting in AIR!!!!!!!!!!

I REMEMBER the NIGHT we attacked..I CRIED....And I dont cry a whole lot..

But HEY! It was necessarry because otherwise "they"(the evil doers) would have used all those "weapons of MASS destruction" they were piling up to use on us...

Maybe I should have never watched that movie 'Black Hawk Down" and I could have relaxed a bit...

I should probably stick to "Sesame Street"..

But anyway...at least we killed Suddam Husane(and his little brats)..They were a bunch of crazy mother ******.s..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Here is what I think Bush did..He "latched" on to the general public STILL in shock form 911..And USED that fear and shock for his OWN agenda...At that point?..."People" were still gun shy if they heard an airplane fly over head...

It seemed the world was "out to get us"...And we TRUSTED that he was trying to protect us...

In reality?...He is a gun trigger happy *** hole that doesnt give a crap about our long term security..Or about anything else but excersizing his "man muscle"...

I hope he feels better ...Because I dont...

Once he "retires" he can crawl in his dady's lap and say...Daddy..Daddy...see...I the big powerful man!..Do you love me now?????

Love

Dallas

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I think people are confusing "having the power to send troops into combat" with "the power to declare war". They are not the same. If he had started bombing 3 weeks prior to going to Congress, all Congress had to do was wait another 5 weeks or so. However, they did vote, and voted to declare war, giving Bush complete control. I am sorry if I don't buy the "extortion part". In my opinion, if you are going to be in Congress you better have the balls to tell the President "No" when it comes time. Checks and balances.
No, they didn't. We haven't officially declared war, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
... and Wiki backs me up. This isn't a war (technically), it's a "military engagement."

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
... and Wiki backs me up. This isn't a ear (technically), it's a "military engagement."

Gosh, that kind of takes the steam out of the argument that congress was responsible, since the military had been "engaged" for over a year before congress had a choice in the matter.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If McCain wins, I'm going to buy stock in diapers -- the number of teen pregnancies is bound to soar with abstinence only sex ed.

Sententia

If McCain wins, I'm going to buy stock in diapers -- the number of teen pregnancies is bound to soar with abstinence only sex ed.

Also you may want to dedicate as much time as you can spare towards the M prize... cause Palin is right there winking at ya and rearing to go...

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
In reality?...He is a gun trigger happy *** hole that doesnt give a crap about our long term security..Or about anything else but excersizing his "man muscle"...

Love

Dallas
We have not been attacked for over 7 years now. How long do you consider long term? Say what you like about GWB, but not protecting us would be incorrect. I would say that is what he has done best. Can you name anything he has done better?

Sententia

... and Wiki backs me up. This isn't a war (technically), it's a "military engagement."

Its a WAR on terror... A 2 prong military war... an extended preemptive strike to prevent the now hung Saddam dude from getting WMDs! Just a pinch of this stuff could wipe out a billion people and Saddam who is dead has it... we just have to find it.

You want to leave before Victory? What's Victory? Dont ask questions you can look up in webster...

You want those Al Iraquedas to just get away with 9/11? Why are we wasting time in the deserts of Afghanistanikandanda anyways? Russia already beat those lands up... And that Ex-KGB guy found Al-Iraquedas in georgia recently...

Since when does the US have to declare war... you dont PROJECT what you are about to do... you hit when their down and sucker punch them... Its a strategy that has been working since pearl harbor and nagasaki.... and that hiroshima city... over there in japan... declare war.... what a ridiculous notion...

Yeah while we're at it lets tell them what day we'll be attacking and send them detailed specs of our military equipment...

And I dont remember a single post it note about their attacks on our towers... Iraq doesnt get a declaration of war... they get our boot.

:ignore::ignore::ignore::ignore:

Alceste

Vagabond
And I dont remember a single post it note about their attacks on our towers... Iraq doesnt get a declaration of war... they get our boot.

:ignore::ignore::ignore::ignore:

Toby Kieth! That ******* owes me 250 bucks! I totally rigged one of his shows and he totally didn't pay me. I watched the concert from back stage. Got to see all the dribbling bimbos trying to sneak back to his dressing room getting turned away. And he sucked. Even with 50 square foot video screens projecting his ugly mug out at the crowd on either side of him (wired and strung by yours truly, apparently out of charity), he still sucked.

I tried for months to get my money out of that *******'s promoters.

Thanks for ruining my day Balance. Thank you very ******* much.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
We have not been attacked for over 7 years now.
On September 10th, 2001, we had not been attacked for over 8-1/2 years.

Your point?

Say what you like about GWB, but not protecting us would be incorrect. I would say that is what he has done best. Can you name anything he has done better?
No, I can't. But that's really not saying much. :areyoucra

Last edited:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Ya know, **** being calm about this. I'm not calm! If he wins I am first going to **** my pants out of disbelief then be outta this joke of a country within the a year. GAHHHHH......

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Ya know, **** being calm about this. I'm not calm! If he wins I am first going to **** my pants out of disbelief then be outta this joke of a country within the a year. GAHHHHH......

If he wins, I'll meet you in France. They have good wine. We'll be alright.

tomspug

Absorbant
You know, even if McCain wins, the Democrats will likely have 2/3 vote to cancel any veto power he might attempt to enforce. There's going to be a significant change no matter what, and McCain won't be as stubborn as Bush if elected. The Republican Party can't afford "another four years" if they ever want Congress back, and they know it.

The beauty of the balance of power in motion...

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
If by "balance of power" you mean having the legislative and executive branches being controlled by different parties, all that has accomplished is... NOTHING.

No one has been able to get anything done, and then people complain that govt doesn't do anything. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sententia

You know, even if McCain wins, the Democrats will likely have 2/3 vote to cancel any veto power he might attempt to enforce. There's going to be a significant change no matter what, and McCain won't be as stubborn as Bush if elected. The Republican Party can't afford "another four years" if they ever want Congress back, and they know it.

Are you going to vote? Who are you going to vote for? Indulge me... I already voted... so you cant influence me either way...