• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if these Christian beliefs are not true?

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
So, then Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism have long since become dead and gone? No spirituality left in them?

You mean like the ones that did human sacrificing and worshipped many Gods?
So instead of looking to the positive, you want to look toward the negative CG? There is no hard and fast rule to anything, there is always an acception to metaphorical explanations.

There will be always a certain amount of light, no night is pitch black, unless more veils are used.

There will always be the sincere practicing the virtues of the Faith, but the direction of the Faith is like after sunset, the sun has set and has been obscured by earthly tendency.

An example is how the laws bend to popular human desires, rather than as written in the given law. An example is that of Charity, the desire to look after others is forgotten. How many Christians do you hear that have becone so materialistic in nationalism, they they will join the voice against aid and immigration.

I am growing tired CG, may God's Will be done on earth as it is Heaven.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
nope . its about the kingdom of God in which Jesus is the king. its about what will happen to false religion and the governments of the earth that stand in opposition to the kingdom rule over the earth.
You are free to believe whatever you want to believe, but that does not mean it is true.
I believe that the Book of Revelation is about Baha'u'llah, who is the King of kings and the Lord of lords.

Jesus will never rule over this earth, not from heaven or in any other way.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Jesus finished his work on this earth and he longer has anything to do in this world. The Dispensation of Jesus ended when Christ returned.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

The two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”

Everything Christians believe about Jesus coming back to this world to rule or ruling from heaven is a result of a misinterpretation of the Bible.
Not once did Jesus ever say he was going to rule this world.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
The worst to me is how they make the "Morning Star" Satan. I think in Latin the morning star is "lucifer" or something. I wonder why they didn't use the Hebrew word?
There is a theory among Baha'is that this refers to the half-brother Mirza Yayha was referred to there. He had the title "morning of eternity". I don't know if that is true, but It is intriguing.
15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
One author says (and this is just his theory, it is not backed by the central figures of out faith).

The book (and I have type it in, I can't copy it from anywhere) says:

The second beast, the Abbasid dynasty, was able to revive the image of the first beast, the Bani-Umayyad Empire, so that it seemed alive again. The second beast enforced the new regime with great severity, ruthlessly murdering even those who had helped the Abbasids to gain power.

The marks or stigmata were "right hand" - the land and business tax, and "forehead" - the head tax (jizya) paid by non-Muslims, marking them as inferior and symbolizing their subjection to the Muslim state. (my commentary here. Jizya was paid in theory for non-Muslim people instead of fighting in Muslim armies. However, this tax was not set at a specific tax rate specified by the Qur'an, though this tax was mentioned in the Qur'an. So the authorities could levy this tax with a heavy rate ot light rate as they pleased. So if was levied at steep tax rate it was a burden to the non-Muslims. I have no idea how heavily it was applied at this time). Many non-Muslims fled to avoid these taxes. (I have no idea if this was true) Trading was forbidden unless one had paid the tax (had the mark). (I have no knowledge about this), or was "Muslim" (name of the beast), (this seems unlikely to me) or was a member of the ruling class (number of his name). (also unlikely to me).

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.
In the sense that 666 symbolizes blasphemy, deception, or hypocrisy, the number can be applied to many personages in history. But Abdu'l-Baha has explained that 666 applies to the first Umayyad Caliph who came to power in the year 666 of the Christian era. Mu'awiyah, the first Umayyad Caliph who came to power in the year 661-662 AD. But most authorities, in agreement with Matthew, place the birth of Jesus sometime prior to the death of Herod the Great, who died during the year 4-5 BC. It is reasonable, therefore, that the span of time from the birth of Jesus was close to 666 solar years.

The theory by this man seems to be that since the image of the first beast was revived, this number applies to the first beast. Some assertions here seem doubtful to me now reading this now.

This book was written in 1981.

cataway

You are free to believe whatever you want to believe, but that does not mean it is true.
I believe that the Book of Revelation is about Baha'u'llah, who is the King of kings and the Lord of lords.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Jesus finished his work on this earth and he longer has anything to do in this world. The Dispensation of Jesus ended when Christ returned.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

The two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”

Everything Christians believe about Jesus coming back to this world to rule or ruling from heaven is a result of a misinterpretation of the Bible.
you know just enough to be dangerous .. Baha'u'llah is dead he's no more king than i am/me. will he receive a resurrection to live again?? if so he will need to recognize the true king of the kingdom Jesus ,or then receive the judgment of the 2nd death.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
you know just enough to be dangerous .. Baha'u'llah is dead he's no more king than i am/me. will he receive a resurrection to live again?? if so he will need to recognize the true king of the kingdom Jesus ,or then receive the judgment of the 2nd death.
oh, that Christian thing about Christ's physical resurrection, and the extension of the possibility of us all to be physical resurrected again. Therefore, Baha'u'llah is just plain dead. Just know our beliefs are different. Baha'u'llah and Jesus to us are very alive in the next world, we are more alive spiritually in the next world than here, etc. Our beliefs on that are incompatible. I'm not going to convince you of that, your man made doctrines have you in their power. They give you all the "answers" built up over time. Better to listen to what the possible next Manifestations say about this after checking out if they have "good fruits" or not before turning to man made beliefs.

Being physically alive has little significance. Being spiritually alive is everything.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Baha'u'llah teaches that all religions are subject to cycles from the rising of the sun to the setting of the sun in each given dispensation.

So, then Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism have long since become dead and gone? No spirituality left in them?

the Native faiths still had a level of productive spirituality.

You mean like the ones that did human sacrificing and worshipped many Gods?

So instead of looking to the positive, you want to look toward the negative CG? There is no hard and fast rule to anything, there is always an acception to metaphorical explanations.
No hard and fast rule? So, you're just spewing out generalizations as if they are true? And I should look at the "positive"? Which means what? Agree with you and just let it go?

None of the older religions are dead. Each has it spiritual people, a whole bunch of nominal believers, and some people that are using their religion for personal gain. Each religions keeps evolving and making adjustments to fit the times we're in.

But this is probably already happening with Baha'is too. When I was around Baha'is, there was very low participation. There were several "inactive" Baha'is in each community. Has this changed? Young people made up the highest percentage of the people that were involved in the "teaching" projects. And why was that? Because adult Baha'is were wrapped up with "material" concerns, they had to make a living.

So, was their job more important than going out and teaching the Faith? Not for all of them. Some made the time to go out with the young Baha'is. And some left their jobs and homes and went out to become Baha'i pioneers. Many of them went to some other country. Is that what you did? Go off into some far off area to teach the Faith? But why don't more Baha'is do that? Why do they stay in the cities? Is it for the ease of material comforts and better job opportunities? If so, that's not very spiritual. It's putting materialism ahead of their religion. Or... it's being practical.

Anyway, those are my generalizations of the reality of the Baha'i community. What do you think? Being too negative? Or is it being accurate?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Not all Bahá'ís were convinced of the argument that ʻAbdu'l-Bahá's statements are in complete alignment with modern evolutionary theory.
It puts Baha'i in the same position that literalist Christians are in. Because the Bible says that humans were created as humans and didn't evolve from animals, that's how it is... no matter what science might think. So, for a Baha'is, will it create a situation where there are those Baha'is that believe the teachings are inerrant and literal and those that take a liberal, non-literal view?
Not really anything about Adam, no, just that there were other prophets before Adam. He did talk about Abraham, confirming for instance what the Qur'an says about Abraham, that he was going to sacrifice Ishmael.
To me, it's just a religious, mythical story. It had a spiritual lesson in it for the Jews... Trust God and everything will work out right. In their story Isaac fits the story the best... And for Christians too. They have Isaac being the son of promise. Isaac goes on to have the kids that have kids that become the Children of Israel.

Ishmael doesn't have anything to do with that part of the story. Why would Muhammad and Baha'u'llah bring him back into the story? Probably because Ishmael fits their story and Isaac doesn't. But what if it was just a fictional story? Who cares? It's the Jewish story. They can make up a fictional history anyway they want.

However, if by chance, it was a true story, then it would matter which son it was. But that would mean that either the Jews were lying or that Muhammad and Baha'u'llah were lying.
There is absolutely no evidence scientifically of a flood that covered the Earth. There is evidence that that this is impossible.
Well, you know those Christians that, no matter what, believe the Bible is true? They do have their scientists that show some proofs why there was a flood.

We find fossils of sea creatures in rock layers that cover all the continents. For example, most of the rock layers in the walls of Grand Canyon (more than a mile above sea level) contain marine fossils. Fossilized shellfish are even found in the Himalayas.​
We find extensive fossil “graveyards” and exquisitely preserved fossils. For example, billions of nautiloid fossils are found in a layer within the Redwall Limestone of Grand Canyon. This layer was deposited catastrophically by a massive flow of sediment (mostly lime sand). The chalk and coal beds of Europe and the United States, and the fish, ichthyosaurs, insects, and other fossils all around the world, testify of catastrophic destruction and burial.​
Anyway, it goes on to give four more "proofs" of why there was a world-wide flood. For this story also, I'm okay with the spiritual lesson of... Don't mess with God. Be good, do good, and obey God or else.

And thanks again for engaging in more of a discussion rather than an argument. For Tony and I think, it's too late. And I've long since given up on discussing/arguing with TB. She might be more stubborn and tenacious than me.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Anyway, those are my generalizations of the reality of the Baha'i community. What do you think? Being too negative? Or is it being accurate?
I think is way beyond the time to leave you to sort it all out CG.

Best thing would be to work with each other in some service project helping out in one community and leave the proofs to those that want them.

Regards Tony

Sargonski

There is no relationship between the passages from John that you posted and Revelations. Your defacto claim that Revelations is about (X) is false. Revelations is an interpretation of a random dreamer .. of which there were hundreds of similar apocalyptic dreams composed by numerous individuals .. all having these apocalyptic dreams.

Then - these dreams were redacted ...cherry picked .. selected .. redacted .. interpretations made .. trying despearately to fit the dream into later dogma ands doctrine.

Esebius regarded revelations as "spurious" on this basis .. but like Nostradamas or Edgar Cacey .. such prophetic visionionaries all have detractors .. so perhaps there is/was some prophetic vision there .. but you have absolutely no idea how to iterpret with any certainty .. U understand ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Baha'u'llah is no more dead than Jesus. Both of them are alive in heaven.
Jesus is no more a king than I am and Jesus does not have and never will have a kingdom on Earth.
Jesus never made any such claim, it was all made up by Christians, and runs contrary to the Bible.

John 18
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

I am not a bit worried about any judgment. I am under the shadow of God's Revelation for this age so I am not the one who should be worried.

“Say: There is no place of refuge for you, no asylum to which ye can flee, no one to defend or to protect you in this Day from the fury of the wrath of God and from His vehement power, unless and until ye seek the shadow of His Revelation. This, indeed, is His Revelation which hath been manifested unto you in the person of this Youth. Glorified, then, be God for so effulgent, so precious, so wondrous a vision.”

As for being resurrected to live again on earth, that is a JW pipe dream and it is not supported by the Bible.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There is no relationship between the passages from John that you posted and Revelations. Your defacto claim that Revelations is about (X) is false. Revelations is an interpretation of a random dreamer .. of which there were hundreds of similar apocalyptic dreams composed by numerous individuals .. all having these apocalyptic dreams.
I can agree with you. You need to tell that to the JWs, who base all of their dogma on what is in the Book of Revelation.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I think is way beyond the time to leave you to sort it all out CG.

Best thing would be to work with each other in some service project helping out in one community and leave the proofs to those that want them.

Regards Tony
Why are you here? You're not only saying things about the Baha'i Faith, you are adding in your own interpretations of things. Then leaving it to me to sort out when I call you out on your claims? Come on Tony, they are your claims. Back them up or say that it's your opinion and that you are just generalizing.

cataway

Baha'u'llah is no more dead than Jesus. Both of them are alive in heaven.
Jesus is no more a king than I am and Jesus does not have and never will have a kingdom on Earth.
Jesus never made any such claim, it was all made up by Christians, and runs contrary to the Bible.

John 18
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

I am not a bit worried about any judgment. I am under the shadow of God's Revelation for this age so I am not the one who should be worried.

“Say: There is no place of refuge for you, no asylum to which ye can flee, no one to defend or to protect you in this Day from the fury of the wrath of God and from His vehement power, unless and until ye seek the shadow of His Revelation. This, indeed, is His Revelation which hath been manifested unto you in the person of this Youth. Glorified, then, be God for so effulgent, so precious, so wondrous a vision.”

As for being resurrected to live again on earth, that is a JW pipe dream and it is not supported by the Bible.
did anyone see your dead leader rise to heaven ? its more likely he was seen being lowered into a grave. thus far it remains there .

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Citation needed.
This is about the Aztecs from Wikipedia and has their citations.

The Aztec religion is a polytheistic and monistic pantheism in which the Nahua concept of teotl was construed as the supreme god Ometeotl, as well as a diverse pantheon of lesser gods and manifestations of nature.[1]...​
The most important deities were worshiped by priests in Tenochtitlan, particularly Tlaloc and the god of the Mexica, Huitzilopochtli, whose shrines were located on Templo Mayor[3]...​
Public ritual practices could involve food, storytelling, and dance, as well as ceremonial warfare, the Mesoamerican ballgame, and human sacrifice.[5]
Religion was part of all levels of Aztec society. On the state level, religion was controlled by the Tlatoani and the high priests governing the main temples in the ceremonial precinct of the Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan. This level involved the large monthly festivals and a number of specific rituals centered around the ruler dynasty and attempted to stabilize both the political and cosmic systems. These rituals were the ones that involved a sacrifice of humans.[26]
When the Aztecs sacrificed people to Huitzilopochtli (the god with warlike aspects) the victim would be placed on a sacrificial stone.[46] The priest would then cut through the abdomen with an obsidian or flint blade.[47] The heart would be torn out still beating and held towards the sky in honor to the Sun-God. [48]
  • 1 Maffie, James (2013). Aztec philosophy: understanding a world in motion. Boulder: University press of Colorado. ISBN 978-1-60732-222-1.
  • 3 Berdan, Frances F., ed. (2014), "Religion, Science, and the Arts", Aztec Archaeology and Ethnohistory, Cambridge World Archaeology, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, p. 234, doi:10.1017/cbo9781139017046.011, ISBN 978-0-521-88127-2, retrieved 2024-05-29
  • 5 Smith, Michael Ernest (2011). The Aztecs. The peoples of America (3rd ed.). Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell. ISBN 978-1-4051-9497-6.
  • 26 Nash, June (1997). Gendered Deities and the Survival of Culture (Vol.36 ed.). University of Chicago Press.
  • 48 Carrasco, David (1982). Quetzalcoatl and the irony of empire: myths and prophecies in the Aztec tradition. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. ISBN 978-0226094878. OCLC 8626972

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
did anyone see your dead leader rise to heaven ? its more likely he was seen being lowered into a grave. thus far it remains there .
In case you've never read Abdul Baha's explanation of the "true" meaning of the resurrection of Jesus, here it is...

We explain, therefore, the meaning of Christ’s resurrection in the following way: After the martyrdom of Christ, the Apostles were perplexed and dismayed. The reality of Christ, which consists in His teachings, His bounties, His perfections, and His spiritual power, was hidden and concealed for two or three days after His martyrdom, and had no outward appearance or manifestation—indeed, it was as though it were entirely lost. For those who truly believed were few in number, and even those few were perplexed and dismayed. The Cause of Christ was thus as a lifeless body. After three days the Apostles became firm and steadfast, arose to aid the Cause of Christ, resolved to promote the divine teachings and practise their Lord’s admonitions, and endeavoured to serve Him. Then did the reality of Christ become resplendent, His grace shine forth, His religion find new life, and His teachings and admonitions become manifest and visible. In other words, the Cause of Christ, which was like unto a lifeless body, was quickened to life and surrounded by the grace of the Holy Spirit.​
7Such is the meaning of the resurrection of Christ, and this was a true resurrection. But as the clergy did not grasp the meaning of the Gospels and did not comprehend this mystery, it was claimed that religion was opposed to science and science was incompatible with religion, for among other things the ascension of Christ in a physical body to the material heavens is contrary to the mathematical sciences. But when the truth of this matter is clarified and this symbol is explained, it is in no way contradicted by science but rather affirmed by both science and reason.​
And it's not like I believe the story of the resurrection and ascension of Jesus, but I do believe that the gospel writers are claiming that Jesus came back to life... that he had a flesh and bone body.

That contradicts the Baha'i claim that Jesus died and stayed dead, and it was only his spirit that ascended. That leaves them to explain the appearances of Jesus. What I usually hear from them is that it was a vision.

For Christians, the resurrection helps them in coming to the conclusion that Jesus is the Son of God and maybe even part of a Godhead.

For Baha'is, saying that Jesus died makes him no greater than their prophet, Baha'u'llah. He, along with Jesus, Moses, Muhammad, Buddha, Krishna and some others are all together in the spiritual world of God. Baha'is say they are all manifestations of God, perfectly polished mirrors that reflect God's light... all equal and all took their turn at coming to Earth to guide humans to a higher level.

Quite a bit different than what is taught in the NT. Which means they have to explain away more than just the resurrection. And they do. Satan and hell are gone. Casting out demons? Gone. Raising of Lazarus? Gone. But they do believe in the virgin birth. So, they don't reject everything.

But for them, it's not like they are rejecting it. It's they give those things a "spiritual", symbolic interpretation. So, for a Baha'i, Christians have made a huge mistake in taking all these literally and coming to the wrong conclusions and doing things like making Jesus the only way and even a God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The physical body of Jesus died on the cross.

Just because the physical body of Jesus was never found that does not mean it rose from the dead.
Contradictory 'stories' written about how Jesus rose from the dead are no evidence that Jesus rose from the dead.

Anyone can write a story but that does not mean that anything in then story ever actually happened.
The bodily resurrection of Jesus is fiction, not fact.
Oh, and about the alleged witnesses. Anyone can write a fictional story that says there were witnesses.

Dead physical bodies do not rise through the sky defying gravity and go to heaven. That is just more fiction, not fact.

There are no physical bodies in heaven. There are only spiritual bodies in heaven.
That means that the dead physical body of Jesus did not rise to heaven.

1 Corinthians 15
New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.
42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

The remains of Baha'u'llah are located in the Shrine of Baha’u’llah, which is located in Bahjí near Acre, Israel.

Shrine​

This corner of the shrine is the room where Baháʼu'lláh was buried

The Shrine of Baháʼu'lláh is composed of a central area that contains a small, tree-filled garden surrounded by paths covered with Persian rugs.[1][5] A glass roof was constructed by Qulám-ʻAlíy-i-Najjár after the death of Baháʼu'lláh.[6] At the northwest corner of the central area there is a small room containing Baháʼu'lláh's remains.[7] The central area has doors to a number of other rooms that have, in recent years, been opened to accommodate the growing number of pilgrims and visitors.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is about the Aztecs from Wikipedia and has their citations.

The Aztec religion is a polytheistic and monistic pantheism in which the Nahua concept of teotl was construed as the supreme god Ometeotl, as well as a diverse pantheon of lesser gods and manifestations of nature.[1]...​
The most important deities were worshiped by priests in Tenochtitlan, particularly Tlaloc and the god of the Mexica, Huitzilopochtli, whose shrines were located on Templo Mayor[3]...​
Public ritual practices could involve food, storytelling, and dance, as well as ceremonial warfare, the Mesoamerican ballgame, and human sacrifice.[5]
Religion was part of all levels of Aztec society. On the state level, religion was controlled by the Tlatoani and the high priests governing the main temples in the ceremonial precinct of the Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan. This level involved the large monthly festivals and a number of specific rituals centered around the ruler dynasty and attempted to stabilize both the political and cosmic systems. These rituals were the ones that involved a sacrifice of humans.[26]
When the Aztecs sacrificed people to Huitzilopochtli (the god with warlike aspects) the victim would be placed on a sacrificial stone.[46] The priest would then cut through the abdomen with an obsidian or flint blade.[47] The heart would be torn out still beating and held towards the sky in honor to the Sun-God. [48]
  • 1 Maffie, James (2013). Aztec philosophy: understanding a world in motion. Boulder: University press of Colorado. ISBN 978-1-60732-222-1.
  • 3 Berdan, Frances F., ed. (2014), "Religion, Science, and the Arts", Aztec Archaeology and Ethnohistory, Cambridge World Archaeology, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, p. 234, doi:10.1017/cbo9781139017046.011, ISBN 978-0-521-88127-2, retrieved 2024-05-29
  • 5 Smith, Michael Ernest (2011). The Aztecs. The peoples of America (3rd ed.). Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell. ISBN 978-1-4051-9497-6.
  • 26 Nash, June (1997). Gendered Deities and the Survival of Culture (Vol.36 ed.). University of Chicago Press.
  • 48 Carrasco, David (1982). Quetzalcoatl and the irony of empire: myths and prophecies in the Aztec tradition. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. ISBN 978-0226094878. OCLC 8626972
That's south America, you were generalizing native Americans.