• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if these Christian beliefs are not true?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I have a vast collection of books on ghosts, hauntings, ghost-hunting, parapsychology, and various other topics related to the paranormal. However, none of these books can compare to my forty-five years of experience as a spirit medium and my seventeen years as a seasoned paranormal investigator. I have a lifetime's worth of firsthand encounters with earthbound human spirits, as well as encounters with elementals and other entities. 45 years is a long time.
the problem as I see it is that demon spirits exist and are not there to help people draw close to God.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Luke 9:60 NLT
But Jesus told him, “Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God.”
There are different translations of that verse, interestingly enough. Surely it is possible that Jesus meant let the spiritually dead bury their dead, because that seems to be what he was alluding to, but some translations just say Let the dead bury their dead.
New International Version
Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

New Living Translation
But Jesus told him, “Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God.”

However, he did tell the one he was speaking to that he should go to preach about the Kingdom of God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yeah, when I looked at the "prophecies" about Jesus from a Jewish perspective, I agreed with them... Jesus was not their Messiah. And still, the absolute worst prophecy for me is the virgin birth prophecy. All Christians can take is the one verse, Isaiah 7:14, and none of the rest of them. The boy is clearly someone at that time and place and is a sign for King Ahaz... When the boy reaches a certain age, the two enemy kings will be dead.

For me the whole virgin birth story could be nothing but a made up legend. For Baha'is, I don't know what you do with it, because in your writings it says it is true.
I believe one sees it that way by a biased view. No concurrent child was God in the flesh nor did any verse say he was.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I believe one sees it that way by a biased view. No concurrent child was God in the flesh nor did any verse say he was.
Without any pre-conceived notions about those verses in Isaiah 7, what is the purpose of the "sign"? I think it's telling King Ahaz that by the time the boy reaches a certain age, the two Kings he dreads will be dead.

If the writer of Matthew pulls out one verse out of all that and makes it about Jesus being born of a virgin, who is being biased? The one that agrees that it is okay for someone to pull a verse out of context? Or the one that looks at the complete context of what was being said?

I happen to agree with the Jews that say this boy was not Jesus.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Revelation Chapter 11 introduces us to Muhammad and Islam.
Yes, to you... a Baha'i. But can you really make your interpretation fit into what the verses actually say?
Rev 11:1 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.When was the "outer" court given to the "Gentiles"? From that date they will "trample" the holy city for 42 months, which you convert to 1260 lunar years.

Rev 11:3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”This date we know. You say it is year "0" to the year 1260 in the Islamic calendar. Which is 622 to 1844.

So, what are you going to do with the 42 months? Do you know when the Gentiles were given the outer court? Or do you even care? Because I know you can convert 42 months to be 1260 years, so will you make that start in the year "0" and end in the year 1260 also? And come up with some interpretation on how in the year 622 the Gentiles began to trample the holy city? Which I assume is Jerusalem. What city do Baha'is say it is?
No. So I doubt you've really done an independent investigation of truth. You've accepted the Baha'i Faith and you seem to have closed your mind to any view that contradicts your beliefs.
That is exactly the path CG, but to trust Abdul'baha one must first trust Baha'u'llah.
Yes, why do you trust Abdul Baha? Because Baha'u'llah said so? And why do you trust him? Because you believe he is a manifestation of God? But the more you learn, does any of it makes you question your decision to put your complete trust in everything he said?

Probably not, or at least you won't admit it. But can you admit it to yourself? If not, then you are doing the same things that Fundy Christians are doing. They have committed themselves to believe the Bible and the NT as literally as possible, and they can't allow themselves to ever doubt that.
I do not have to CG, it is a teaching of Jesus. If you do not want to look if this teaching has some truth to it, then that is your choice.
I did my independent investigation of those verses, and I disagree with the Baha'i interpretation. And you can't give me any reason why you believe the Baha'i interpretation is correct accept that Baha'u'llah said so... and he is a manifestation of God, and, therefore, it is the truth.

It's great to "believe" and have "faith". But Baha'is shouldn't ever say anything bad about Christians for believing and interpreting things the way they do. Baha'is do the same thing.