• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if we accepted each other's religion?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No. The message was about not being hypocritical.
Then what did you mean?

I asked you why you insist on labelling religious and non-Baha'i people "religious" and "Baha'i"; you said that you do it "to emphasize deeds over words." This didn't make a lot of sense.

I have a feeling that you misunderstood my question, so if you want to re-read it and give a new answer, please feel free.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Then what did you mean?

I asked you why you insist on labelling religious and non-Baha'i people "religious" and "Baha'i"; you said that you do it "to emphasize deeds over words."

This didn't make a lot of sense. I assume from you calling your own position "hypocritical" that you agree.

I have a feeling that you misunderstood my question, so if you want to re-read it and give a new answer, please feel free.

The message was written to Baha'is for Baha'is emphasising that just having the name Baha'i but not acting accordingly was of no value and in that context even a non believer were a better Baha'i if he acted as we should. It's just saying that we cannot take only the name without the responsibilities. And that anyone whose deeds match what we are taught may be better Baha'is (figuratively speaking) than us.

So let's say for instance many non Christians are better Christians than Christians. Can you grasp the intent here? It's not saying non Christians are Christians.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The message was written to Baha'is for Baha'is
Your post was written to me, a non-Baha'i.

emphasising that just having the name Baha'i but not acting accordingly was of no value and in that context even a non believer were a better Baha'i if he acted as we should. It's just saying that we cannot take only the name without the responsibilities. And that anyone whose deeds match what we are taught may be better Baha'is (figuratively speaking) than us.

So let's say for instance many non Christians are better Christians than Christians. Can you grasp the intent here? It's not saying non Christians are Christians.
In that case, I'm glad you changed your position. I hope you can understand how you arguing for several pages that all love is religious would give me the impression that you were trying to argue that all love is religious.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Your post was written to me, a non-Baha'i.

In that case, I'm glad you changed your position. I hope you can understand how you arguing for several pages that all love is religious would give me the impression that you were trying to argue that all love is religious.
Thanks for being so patient and understanding. I apologise for not being clear enough.