• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if we accepted each other's religion?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Earn respect and respect will follow. :)

There are some religions and political philosophies from which it is impossible to earn respect, because they don't think they emote about their side being superior, and no one can break through that wall without saying "I believe".

psychoslice

Veteran Member
We can all accept the golden rule and all humans as equal and serve humanity together, work for world peace together and we already have interfaith and can build on that. We have the belief in virtues in common and spiritual matters as well as character building. We have way too much in common not to unite and we will.
Yes most certainly, but to except each others religion, no, tolerate maybe.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
As a Baha'i I find accepting others religions to be not only workable but creates unity and friendship and peace between us. We accept the Prophet, Messenger or Messiah and His Holy Book and all humanity as a family and it works.

We accept everything except the man made dogmas and interpretations - only the religion in its purest form. Those who want peace will find in this message a great hope for humanity.

This is a call to peace and love and unity!
yeah...peace first
too bad some religions don't see it that way

(I have no religion....but I believe in God)

acceptance is not the word you are looking for

the word is ......tolerance

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Is it really ?.

Yes. The majority of humanity wants to live in peace and get along with people. Most people believe in being decent and fair and are good people. I am a firm believer in the goodness of the majority of humanity. That doesn't mean there aren't evil people with evil motives only that they are a small minority. The majority of the world's 7.4 billion people are good people who only believe in good not evil.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yes. The majority of humanity wants to live in peace and get along with people. Most people believe in being decent and fair and are good people. I am a firm believer in the goodness of the majority of humanity. That doesn't mean there aren't evil people with evil motives only that they are a small minority. The majority of the world's 7.4 billion people are good people who only believe in good not evil.
That is rather refreshing to hear. One does not hear that very often; certainly not often enough.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yes in that light you are correct, and we don't need religion to be kind to each other, that certainly hasn't worked, we just need to wake up and live only by the golden rule, which was around long before Jesus.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Well the core beliefs in serving humanity and being of good character are already universally accepted even by non religionists.

"Even by religionists" might be more accurate, particularly considering the excesses of Christianity and Islam over the centuries.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
"Even by religionists" might be more accurate, particularly considering the excesses of Christianity and Islam over the centuries.

A religious person is not necessarily a person who is a believer of one of the religions. A person who serves humanity, is humble and kind and treats others with courtesy and respect may be considered more religious than a person who merely calls himself religious by name but is a cause of harm and sorrow to others.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
A religious person is not necessarily a person who is a believer of one of the religions. A person who serves humanity, is humble and kind and treats others with courtesy and respect may be considered more religious than a person who merely calls himself religious by name but is a cause of harm and sorrow to others.
not sure if I can buy that.....
I have no religion.
I believe in God
and my fellowman can be such a jerk

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But those words are easily said, if there is a god or not, just like saying, Jesus loves you, it means nothing.
ok....love dealt by an Elder Brother may be hard to get
the standard might involve some personal discipline

otherwise my Elder Brother might kick my ***......for my own good

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The thing is that most people are basically good.
I would like to nod my head to that......but.....
I watch the news

and even the people I have long known.....I know to be faulted

yours truly included

yeah sure, for the most part I'm a nice guy
but there are 7billion+ people in this life
and I believe the peace of heaven is guarded

ever consider what heaven is willing to do.....to maintain the peace?

seems God's Favored had a problem
that Guy doesn't live there anymore

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Having human shortcomings is part of everyone's makeup but a very minute amount of people are actually evil. There is an abundance of good people to build a better world even with our faults.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
As a non-religious person, I find it rather insulting and chauvinistic for you to assume that being virtuous implies being religious.