• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is "Bad" Science?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Wrong, I made no claim about that.
You are not being honest about the the history of side effects and the history of the effectiveness of the vaccines.

Then make some clear specific honest statements about the vaccines and side effects with good academic references, and not a dumb You tube video

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yes you did. You said nothing about disclosed adverse effects.

Hint: disclosed and undisclosed are not the same.
I see no reason to continue our discussion. It is as unproductive as any I've ever engaged in. I'm uninterested in conspiracy theories, woo-woo and Biblical prophecies that can be interpreted to mean anything at all.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
That isn't relevant to what I think about any conspiracies.
Your posts make it very obvious on many subjects involving science.

The actually post what you think with competent academic references instead of click bait You and Tube nonsense.,

Ebionite

I see no reason to continue our discussion. It is as unproductive as any I've ever engaged in. I'm uninterested in conspiracy theories, woo-woo and Biblical prophecies that can be interpreted to mean anything at all.
I don't care. The point is that you will not address the facts which show that AstraZeneca disclosed that there were risks in using their product.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
No, it isn't. I have the New Zealand data that was leaked by Barry Young. It's clear that there is a correlation between getting the shot and dying.

I trust my own research and judgement far more than yours. That includes choosing sources which are trustworthy.

I'm sorry. That's the end.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Hubris can be fatal.
You most certainly have proven that in this thread alone.

You have thoroughly demonstrated it inside and out here:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'm still posting. Try again.
That is simply because you have not as yet thoroughly demonstrated it in this thread like you have in the other.
Though I strongly suspect you will go to greater lengths in this thread.
Simply because it has a bigger audience.

Ebionite

Then make some clear specific honest statements about the vaccines and side effects with good academic references, and not a dumb You tube video
Dr David Martin does a pretty good job for that.

From 18:20

McBell

Admiral Obvious

In it a man referred to as “Dr David Martin”, who has been linked to previous misinformation about the pandemic (here , here) is seen speaking on a video call.​

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That isn't relevant to what I think about any conspiracies.
To me, "truth" is a quality of statements, and a statement is true to the extent that it accurately reflects / corresponds with, objective reality (the world external to the self) ─ the 'correspondence" definition.

What test for truth do you use?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Another You Tube Conspiracy unqualified idiot clearly and specifically what you believe without question. Note Bold.

In his 20-minute presentation to the summit, Martin argued that the U.S. government and leading vaccine-maker Pfizer nefariously manufactured and released coronavirus before both the 2003 SARS pandemic and COVID-19 pandemic in order to ensure that the world would accept a universal vaccine template. While he claimed to present evidence of U.S.-sponsored biological terrorism on slides during his presentation, none of the summit recordings showed these slides and therefore leave most of his claims without proof of hard evidence for viewers.

Martin has gained a cult-like following on Chinese social media over the last few days because the content of his speech confirms a China preferred narrative that the U.S. biolabs around the world are culprits of one of the worst pandemics in human history. This was partially demonstrated, for example, by one of the U.S.-China Perception Monitor’s surveys, which showed that a majority of Chinese netizens believe Russian conspiracy theories about the discovery of American biolabs in Ukraine. One Chinese netizen, who goes by Milan Noble Warrior (米兰大侠) added Chinese subtitles to Martin’s presentation and reposted it onto Baidu on May 29th. After being on the internet for just one day, the post already has over 8,000 comments, 27,000 likes, and 640,000 total views. Many of the netizens’ comments praised Milan Noble Warrior for posting the video and applauded Martin as a hero exposing what they believe to be the ugly truth about the United States.

Martin’s background warrants scrutiny. He has few discernable ties to China (other than advising some financial firms in mainland China), so his sudden popularity surge on Chinese social media likely has more to do with the content of his message rather than some prior political connection. Martin has published multiple self-help books, hosted a 2013 TED Talk presentation about finance, and played a starring role in the 2020 conspiracy theory-based documentary “Plandemic: Indoctornation”, and has appeared as a guest analyst on networks including CNBC and Bloomberg. He is perhaps most well-known for his YouTube channel. His content regularly features conspiracies related to vaccines, mask-wearing, and other health measures. Some of his videos have been taken down for violating YouTube’s terms of service. He’s posted 275 videos and has nearly 65,000 subscribers, and a big reason for this is due to the popularity of his weekly series titled “Butterfly of the Week”.

Started in 2009, this series covers topics ranging from religion to self-help and wellness but also incorporates a strong conspiratorial element associated with COVID-19. Martin’s wife, Kim, is a registered nurse, consultant, and free-lance self-help expert from Australia and she typically co-hosts episodes with him. While Kim Martin does not seem to have the same media and business-generated fame as her husband, they both have shared in numerous videos that she convinced him to start sharing his thoughts to the public particularly since the pandemic began given their skepticism of it.

The virality of Martin’s speech has provided the small and relatively unknown ICS with significant publicity across YouTube and social media. Overall, Martin’s conspiracy theories lack scientific foundation, yet he’s still been able to disseminate his misinformation primarily through his mostly uncensored YouTube videos. His ICS speech, despite not providing any visual video evidence for his shocking claims, has attracted the attention of hundreds of thousands of Chinese netizens because his views reflect the preferred narrative put forward by the Chinese government that the COVID pandemic may have originated in the United States and not China. In addition, the name brand associated with the European Parliament, even if the ICS summit is not an official EU event, helped make the conference and thus Martin’s platform seem widely accepted within the governing body even though it was not. Chinese social media outlets and officials tend to use foreign sources of information to spread its preferred narrative, and this could be yet another example of this tactic. There is no doubt that conspiracy theories such as the ones Martin has leveled are exactly the kinds of dangerous sources of influence that compromise people’s health and put lives at risk.

Ebionite

misinformation about the pandemic (here
Dr Martin claimed that there was no paper to support a mechanism for transmission and the so-called fact checkers responded by referencing a now deleted article on the CDC website and an article which referred to a claim made by the W.H.O.