• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is heaven in your understanding?

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
From your religioues/spiritual understanding. What is heaven?

I dont ask for qoutes from the scripture, but about your personal understanding of what heaven is.

Heaven refers to both the celestial spheres - of which there are seven - and the paradisiacal Gardens which are the reward of the righteous after death. In the latter case, I believe this is a physical place of great sensual pleasure and delight whose inhabitants will live in harmony with each other for all eternity.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If you believe heaven can or should include "bad", you aren't talking about the same thing everyone else is when they use the term. The whole point of heaven is the total lack of "bad".

As I said, a bit boring. Any place for learning in such a lovely existence?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As long as we are in human form, i have a thought that we can not know for sure what heaven truly is, but from the spiritual texts either from far back in time or some of the texts closer to our own time, we can gain insight to what heaven can be like, so even in this thread there have been different views, understandings or opinions of what heaven is. we are only seeing a tiny bit of the truth :)
But it is difficult to describe with our own words what heaven is, without going back to the teaching we believe in (for the people who do believe in heaven).

But sharing understanding can be fruitful :)

izzy88

It seems to be inbuilt, unless I have suddenly turned into a vegetable.
So you have no choice but to find life interesting? It's not something you want, it's just the way it is? I think many people would disagree with that.

Is there anything at all that you do want?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
So you have no choice but to find life interesting? It's not something you want, it's just the way it is? I think many people would disagree with that.

Is there anything at all that you do want?

According to your views, I was made by some divine being, so my (our) search for meaning in all things seems to have been built into us (some more so than others of course), although I would suggest we evolved to have such. As for me, I perhaps like to look at the things that are interesting enough to provide some of the answers we often seek - like improving our lives but not at the expense of others or other life - and there are plenty of other things here on Earth that could occupy one, so more practical things than pondering the Godly realm. Not sure exactly what one might expect in Heaven - perhaps apprentice galaxy building. :oops:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Why do you like it?

Why do you want to improve your life?

Why do I like to look at interesting things? Because I was endowed with enough intelligence for such to occur. Just one of those things - use it or lose it. And I said 'our' lives, not my life, since I have no ambition or intent in that direction. I try to integrate all that I am interested in to form a better view about the 'human condition'. Which might include, psychology, sociology, anthropology, animal behaviour, etc., so as to inform me better. Religions also interest me but not as much as these others.

Sp0ckrates

I wonder if heaven is an absence of wonder, for we shall know all good things and a fullness of joy, for we shall have all good desires satisfied.

Bear Wild

The way i understand it is.
Human realm is like a school where we are supposed to realize who we truly are, and to say it bluntly, without disrespect to human beings, we are fallen beings who are on earth to repay our wrongdoing from the past (karma)
Heaven is the true place we should be, where there is no suffering at all. This is why all spiritual people seek answer to what we need to do to realize heavenly realm again. And religions and Cultivation paths is the way to gain the answers.

Yes humans do try to realize who they are and the answers are here all around us. We are definitely not fallen beings, we may make imperfect decisions but we are original each and everyone of us. Earth is our home and look how much it gives us. Your life (and I consider life beautiful and not corrupted) was given to you and me from the gifts of this earth, this universe. Plants give us the oxygen to breath and food to sustain us. Our understanding of good and bad comes from this world. You learned as I did, beginning from birth, what we believe in as good or bad not from a source from an unknown heaven. We should see our life on this earth as a precious gift and appreciate the life around us. The problem is that many of us have not opened our minds enough to witness just how amazing and beautiful this world is.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes humans do try to realize who they are and the answers are here all around us. We are definitely not fallen beings, we may make imperfect decisions but we are original each and everyone of us. Earth is our home and look how much it gives us. Your life (and I consider life beautiful and not corrupted) was given to you and me from the gifts of this earth, this universe. Plants give us the oxygen to breath and food to sustain us. Our understanding of good and bad comes from this world. You learned as I did, beginning from birth, what we believe in as good or bad not from a source from an unknown heaven. We should see our life on this earth as a precious gift and appreciate the life around us. The problem is that many of us have not opened our minds enough to witness just how amazing and beautiful this world is.
You asked for my understanding and that is what i answered to. It's not a program for me that you see it different the how i understand human realm or heavenly realm.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well I appreciate your directness. If you help me to understand a little more.
What makes trees corrupt. If this world is corrupt then are trees corrupt too?
Everything is the physical world is a part of the cycle of reincarnation, threes and plants are power down on the scale then humans, but if we have lived a very immoral life as humans, we would be reincarnated as threes, plants or animals. It all come down to out karma, less karma, higher or more pure we become(less physical body), more karma the more dense we become and more physical the body become.

All this in my understanding of how things are in this Cosmos.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
From your religioues/spiritual understanding. What is heaven?

I dont ask for qoutes from the scripture, but about your personal understanding of what heaven is.

Heaven is to me a state of the soul or a state of consciousness. Christ was said to be in heaven while He walked the earth.