• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is the best movie ever?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Favorite

Musical: Singin in the Rain (All that Jazz a close second)

Comedy: Young Frankenstein

Biography: Schindler's list

Adventure: Raiders of the Last Ark

Fantasy: Star Wars, Episode IV

Mystery: Chinatown

Cartoon: Toy Story

Crime: The Godfather

War: Das Boot

Romance: Casablanca

Western: Dances with Wolves

Horror: Cat people (1982) or Angel heart

Noaidi

slow walker
K-Pax. A great film with no nice neat ending. Keeps you guessing long after you've watched it.

A

angellous_evangellous

Aliens
- Great story (extended version involving death of Ripley's child)
- Great special effects
- Great score.
- Best one liner ever...."Get away from her, you *****!!!!"
- Coolest forklift ever.
- Very plausible imagining of what technology will be.

I liked it because it is the only Alien movie where humans are decently armed.

I love that movie. I can watch all the Alien movies over and over again, and I normally don't do that.

I also love the indie film Altered. Fantastic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I liked it because it is the only Alien movie where humans are decently armed.

I love that movie. I can watch all the Alien movies over and over again, and I normally don't do that.

I think we should engineer soldiers with acid blood, so that attackers are sprayed with painful death.

emmcninch47

I've always loved "The Mighty". No other movie stirred my emotions than this.

=======================
"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." -Don Vito Corleone, Godfather (1972)
Watch movies online for free here: moviesonlinelive.com

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My vote goes to "Painted Lady" an HBO/Masterpiece Theatre movie written for and starring Dame Helen Mirren.

I've seen it at least 8 times now and it never gets old.

PaintedLadyDVD_.jpg

In Painted Lady (out on DVD this week), the fabulous Helen Mirren is sublime as a retired former rock star now living a peaceful existence in a cottage on a friend’s estate. But a break in, murder, and theft of some art stirs her into action to ferret out the killer. She poses as a Polish countess and weaves through the criminal underworld of art thievery and trade.

This scores an unabashed 5 out of 4 Satanic Hampsters, enthusiastically held high.

: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hah. I have the Boxed 9 DVD set and now watch it bi-annually. It took me awhile to appreciate #3, but now, I am good with it.

I love the line from #4...

Winona Ryder: "I thought you were dead!"
Ripley: "Yeah, I get that a lot."

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
My vote goes to "Painted Lady" an HBO/Masterpiece Theatre movie written for and starring Dame Helen Mirren.

I've seen it at least 8 times now and it never gets old.

PaintedLadyDVD_.jpg

In Painted Lady (out on DVD this week), the fabulous Helen Mirren is sublime as a retired former rock star now living a peaceful existence in a cottage on a friend’s estate. But a break in, murder, and theft of some art stirs her into action to ferret out the killer. She poses as a Polish countess and weaves through the criminal underworld of art thievery and trade.

This scores an unabashed 5 out of 4 Satanic Hampsters, enthusiastically held high.

: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :

Sounds good; I'll put it in the queue.