• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the day of judgment per Quran?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Peace,

This thread, I hope we don't go all over the place but stick to the topic. I will be building a cumulative case for what the day of judgment is per Quran.

Feature 1 - The evil people are subdued and submissive to God

مَا لَكُمْ لَا تَنَاصَرُونَ | ‘Why is it that you do not help one another [today]?’ | As-Saaffaat : 25

بَلْ هُمُ الْيَوْمَ مُسْتَسْلِمُونَ | ‘Indeed, they are [meek and] submissive today!’ | As-Saaffaat : 26

وَأَقْبَلَ بَعْضُهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ يَتَسَاءَلُونَ | Some of them will turn to others, questioning each other. | As-Saaffaat : 27

قَالُوا إِنَّكُمْ كُنْتُمْ تَأْتُونَنَا عَنِ الْيَمِينِ | They will say, ‘Indeed you used to come to us by the right.’ | As-Saaffaat : 28

قَالُوا بَلْ لَمْ تَكُونُوا مُؤْمِنِينَ | They will answer, ‘No, you [yourselves]were not believers | As-Saaffaat : 29

وَمَا كَانَ لَنَا عَلَيْكُمْ مِنْ سُلْطَانٍ ۖ بَلْ كُنْتُمْ قَوْمًا طَاغِينَ | And We had no authority over you. No, you [yourselves] were a rebellious lot. | As-Saaffaat : 30

فَحَقَّ عَلَيْنَا قَوْلُ رَبِّنَا ۖ إِنَّا لَذَائِقُونَ | So our Lord’s word became due against us that we shall indeed taste [the punishment]. | As-Saaffaat : 31

فَأَغْوَيْنَاكُمْ إِنَّا كُنَّا غَاوِينَ | So we perverted you, for we were perverse [ourselves].’ | As-Saaffaat : 32

فَإِنَّهُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ فِي الْعَذَابِ مُشْتَرِكُونَ | So, that day they will share the punishment. | As-Saaffaat : 33

Feature 2 - The criminal (in God's sight) will wish to ransom anyone to save themselves

يُبَصَّرُونَهُمْ ۚ يَوَدُّ الْمُجْرِمُ لَوْ يَفْتَدِي مِنْ عَذَابِ يَوْمِئِذٍ بِبَنِيهِ | [though] they will be placed within each other’s sight. The guilty one will wish he could ransom himself from the punishment of that day at the price of his children, | Al-Ma'aarij : 11

وَصَاحِبَتِهِ وَأَخِيهِ | his spouse and his brother, | Al-Ma'aarij : 12

وَفَصِيلَتِهِ الَّتِي تُؤْوِيهِ | his kin, which had sheltered him | Al-Ma'aarij : 13

وَمَنْ فِي الْأَرْضِ جَمِيعًا ثُمَّ يُنْجِيهِ | and all those who are upon the earth, if that might deliver him. | Al-Ma'aarij : 14

كَلَّا ۖ إِنَّهَا لَظَىٰ | Never! Indeed, it is a blazing fire, | Al-Ma'aarij : 15

نَزَّاعَةً لِلشَّوَىٰ | which strips away the scalp. | Al-Ma'aarij : 16

تَدْعُو مَنْ أَدْبَرَ وَتَوَلَّىٰ | It invites him, who has turned back [from the truth] and forsaken [it], | Al-Ma'aarij : 17

Feature 3 - There is no escape from this day and the human will be informed of his actions

يَقُولُ الْإِنْسَانُ يَوْمَئِذٍ أَيْنَ الْمَفَرُّ | that day man will say, ‘Where is the escape [from this day]?’ | Al-Qiyaama : 10

كَلَّا لَا وَزَرَ | No indeed! There will be no refuge! | Al-Qiyaama : 11

إِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ يَوْمَئِذٍ الْمُسْتَقَرُّ | That day the [final] goal will be toward your Lord. | Al-Qiyaama : 12

يُنَبَّأُ الْإِنْسَانُ يَوْمَئِذٍ بِمَا قَدَّمَ وَأَخَّرَ | That day man will be informed about what [works] he had sent ahead [to the scene of judgement] and [the legacy that he had] left behind. | Al-Qiyaama : 13

Feature 4 - The evil ones will know punishment will take place on this day

وَوُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ بَاسِرَةٌ | and some faces will be scowling on that day, | Al-Qiyaama : 24

تَظُنُّ أَنْ يُفْعَلَ بِهَا فَاقِرَةٌ | knowing that they will be dealt out a punishment breaking the spine. | Al-Qiyaama : 25

كَلَّا إِذَا بَلَغَتِ التَّرَاقِيَ | No indeed! When it reaches up to the collar bones | Al-Qiyaama : 26

وَقِيلَ مَنْ ۜ رَاقٍ | and it is said, ‘Who is the enchanter? | Al-Qiyaama : 27

وَظَنَّ أَنَّهُ الْفِرَاقُ | and he knows that it is the [time of] parting, | Al-Qiyaama : 28

وَالْتَفَّتِ السَّاقُ بِالسَّاقِ | and each shank clasps the other shank, | Al-Qiyaama : 29

إِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ يَوْمَئِذٍ الْمَسَاقُ | that day he shall be driven toward your Lord. | Al-Qiyaama : 30

فَلَا صَدَّقَ وَلَا صَلَّىٰ | He neither confirmed [the messages of Allah], nor did he pray, | Al-Qiyaama : 31

وَلَٰكِنْ كَذَّبَ وَتَوَلَّىٰ | but denied [them] and turned away, | Al-Qiyaama : 32

ثُمَّ ذَهَبَ إِلَىٰ أَهْلِهِ يَتَمَطَّىٰ | and went back swaggering to his family. | Al-Qiyaama : 33

أَوْلَىٰ لَكَ فَأَوْلَىٰ | So, woe to you! Woe to you! | Al-Qiyaama : 34

ثُمَّ أَوْلَىٰ لَكَ فَأَوْلَىٰ | Again, woe to you! Woe to you! | Al-Qiyaama : 35

Feature 5 - No chance of denial

اسْتَجِيبُوا لِرَبِّكُمْ مِنْ قَبْلِ أَنْ يَأْتِيَ يَوْمٌ لَا مَرَدَّ لَهُ مِنَ اللَّهِ ۚ مَا لَكُمْ مِنْ مَلْجَإٍ يَوْمَئِذٍ وَمَا لَكُمْ مِنْ نَكِيرٍ | Respond to your Lord before there comes a day for which there will be no revoking from Allah. On that day you will have no refuge, nor will you have [any chance for] denial | Ash-Shura : 47

To be continued....

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Feature 6 - Hell is entered on this day

وَإِنَّ الْفُجَّارَ لَفِي جَحِيمٍ | and indeed the vicious shall be in hell, | Al-Infitaar : 14

يَصْلَوْنَهَا يَوْمَ الدِّينِ | entering it on the Day of Judgment, | Al-Infitaar : 15

Feature 7 - Ties of relationships will be cut off except that of the fearing/guarding (of God)

لَعَلِّي أَعْمَلُ صَالِحًا فِيمَا تَرَكْتُ ۚ كَلَّا ۚ إِنَّهَا كَلِمَةٌ هُوَ قَائِلُهَا ۖ وَمِنْ وَرَائِهِمْ بَرْزَخٌ إِلَىٰ يَوْمِ يُبْعَثُونَ | that I may act righteously in what I have left behind.’ ‘By no means! These are mere words that he says.’ And before them is a barrier until the day they will be resurrected. | Al-Muminoon : 100

فَإِذَا نُفِخَ فِي الصُّورِ فَلَا أَنْسَابَ بَيْنَهُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ وَلَا يَتَسَاءَلُونَ | So when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no ties between them on that day, nor will they ask [about] each other. | Al-Muminoon : 101

الْأَخِلَّاءُ يَوْمَئِذٍ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ إِلَّا الْمُتَّقِينَ | On that day, friends will be one another’s enemies, except for the Godwary. | Az-Zukhruf : 67

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The issue faced Link, is that all these passages need to be interpreted.

Regards Tony
God knows there would be divisions about the Quran. The advice of Quran is to fear God in respect to this and never follow anything unclear but rather resort unclear to clear, till they become clear. Obviously, as day of judgment is such a fundamental belief in the Quran, it must be clarified with no room for misinterpretation.

I agree with you the day of judgment must be supported by ahadith, which it is. There many hadiths about day of judgment that confirm the understanding of Muslims about it.

I can open a thread about the hadiths that confirm the interpretation, but this emphasizing on what Quran says. I agree with interpretations need to be supported so I can do that in another thread, we can look at what hadiths say about the day of judgment.

To me, it's never the Quran is unclear regarding anything. The unclearness comes from sorcery of Iblis and casting of him. The more playful and not fearful a heart is of God, the more overwhelming blind the Satanic sorcery makes people towards the clear themes and repeated signs of the Quran.

The original Quran is very clear, which is why we should take refuge in the firmly rooted in knowledge as they are immune to the Satanic sorcery and influence of Satan. They will clarify what people don't see and make clear what the Satanic forces seek to make unclear.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is an interpretation in Nahjul Balagha of Imam Ali (a) that "they would find in it a lot of discrepancies" means all interpretations of Quran is clarified by itself, so that means if we have a thought of it that is not of it's clear signs and implications, we will find many contradictions to it. Contrary to what people think that verse means, it does not mean that any book claiming to be of God will have contradictions if not from God, but rather means, per this hadith of Imam Ali (a), that if we have a reflection that is not from God about Quran, we will find many contradictions in the Quran to that reflection. This is a miracle of the Quran. It leaves nothing unclear and clarified everything in by itself. The hadiths are helpful in awakening and filling in the details, but all reflections and true hadiths can be confirmed in the Quran.

It's in the sermon about differences of theologians.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
God knows there would be divisions about the Quran. The advice of Quran is to fear God in respect to this and never follow anything unclear but rather resort unclear to clear, till they become clear. Obviously, as day of judgment is such a fundamental belief in the Quran, it must be clarified with no room for misinterpretation.
Then the Interpretation of Seal is most likely the most important subject we can discuss.

Seals are placed to be broken open. This is most likely a key aspect in understanding the events that will unfold on 'Judgement Day'.

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then the Interpretation of Seal is most likely the most important subject we can discuss.

Seals are placed to be broken open. This is most likely a key aspect in understanding the events that will unfold on 'Judgement Day'.

Regards Tony
Your welcome to prove it through Quran in this thread. Seems like what I'm posting makes the Bahai interpretation impossible to me.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Your welcome to prove it through Quran in this thread. Seems like what I'm posting makes the Bahai interpretation impossible to me.
I am happy to explore this with you, but to be fair, I already know what accusations will result.

Like this passage.

Quran Chapter 6 Al-An’am Verse 46

“Ask ˹them, O Prophet˺, “Imagine if Allah were to take away your hearing or sight, or seal your hearts—who else other than Allah could restore it?” See ˹O Prophet˺ how We vary the signs, yet they still turn away.”

The term Seal in this verse can be taken away again. Allah puts the seal on our hearts, and likewise can take those seals away.

Likewise, using thay thought, Muhammad was the Seal of the Prophets and Allah can remove that seal.

Quran Chapter 33 Al-Ahzab Verse 40

Muḥammad is not the father of any of your men, but is the Messenger of Allah and the seal of the prophets. And Allah has ˹perfect˺ knowledge of all things.”

Quran Chapter 45 Al-Jathiyah Verse 23

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am happy to explore this with you, but to be fair, I already know what accusations will result.

Like this passage.

Quran Chapter 6 Al-An’am Verse 46

“Ask ˹them, O Prophet˺, “Imagine if Allah were to take away your hearing or sight, or seal your hearts—who else other than Allah could restore it?” See ˹O Prophet˺ how We vary the signs, yet they still turn away.”

The term Seal in this verse can be taken away again. Allah puts the seal on our hearts, and likewise can take those seals away.

Likewise, using thay thought, Muhammad was the Seal of the Prophets and Allah can remove that seal.

Quran Chapter 33 Al-Ahzab Verse 40

Muḥammad is not the father of any of your men, but is the Messenger of Allah and the seal of the prophets. And Allah has ˹perfect˺ knowledge of all things.”

Quran Chapter 45 Al-Jathiyah Verse 23

Regards Tony
We are talking about the day of judgment though. Not the Seal of Anbiya verse which has been discussed.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
We are talking about the day of judgment though. Not the Seal of Anbiya verse which has been discussed.
I see the seal is important in understanding the Day of Judgement Link. Muhammad was the First who brought the day of Judgement and will be the Last that brings the day of Judgement.

And if your Lord had pleased, surely all those who are in the earth would have believed, all of them; will you then force men till they become believers?— Quran 10:99

He said: "O my people! See ye if (it be that) I have a Clear Sign from my Lord, and that He hath sent Mercy unto me from His own presence, but that the Mercy hath been obscured from your sight? shall we compel you to accept it when ye are averse to it? — Quran 11:28

Why is it that the seals of the Bible, the Book of Revelation are to be broken to fulfill Prophecy, but the seal of the Messenger Muhammad is not able to be broken?

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see the seal is important in understanding the Day of Judgement Link. Muhammad was the First who brought the day of Judgement and will be the Last that brings the day of Judgement.

And if your Lord had pleased, surely all those who are in the earth would have believed, all of them; will you then force men till they become believers?— Quran 10:99

He said: "O my people! See ye if (it be that) I have a Clear Sign from my Lord, and that He hath sent Mercy unto me from His own presence, but that the Mercy hath been obscured from your sight? shall we compel you to accept it when ye are averse to it? — Quran 11:28

Why is it that the seals of the Bible, the Book of Revelation are to be broken to fulfill Prophecy, but the seal of the Messenger Muhammad is not able to be broken?

Regards Tony
Peace,

Let's say "Seal of Nabiyeen" verse can be interpreted the way you say. The verses I quoted in this thread show day of judgment cannot be interpreted in the Bahai way. For example, it's not the case there is no room for denial. People deny Baha'allah and Messengers, because the truth has room to be denied. It's also not the case that disbelievers wish to ransom their children and everyone right now. It's also not the case that all friends are enemies except the God-fearing today. That verse means there came a time they were friends, but on the day judgment, they will be enemies. This doesn't all of a sudden change with Baha'allah coming. And there are more features to show, some shown and some I will show in the future, and all these cannot be interpreted the way the Bahais have interpreted the day of judgment through Baha'allah.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
That verse means there came a time they were friends, but on the day judgment, they will be enemies.
Peace also Link.

Link, be fair in judgement here. If we go back to Iran in the time of the Bab and Baha'u'llah, who were both well respected and practicing Musilms from the Shia line, then what you have said above becomes applicable.

Consider. If the Seal of Muhammad was broken by Allah in AH1260, then many well respected devout Muslims all of a sudden became enemies of Islam, when they were not enemies of Islam. They became reformed.

Also one has to look at the corruption that had plagued the leaders of Islam at that time

The decline of the Ottoman Empire, 1566–1807 - Link to article

It was time for the restoration of the world Link, the Judgement of Allah.

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Peace also Link.

Link, be fair in judgement here. If we go back to Iran in the time of the Bab and Baha'u'llah, who were both well respected and practicing Musilms from the Shia line, then what you have said above becomes applicable.

Consider. If the Seal of Muhammad was broken by Allah in AH1260, then many well respected devout Muslims all of a sudden became enemies of Islam, when they were not enemies of Islam. They became reformed.

Also one has to look at the corruption that had plagued the leaders of Islam at that time

The decline of the Ottoman Empire, 1566–1807 - Link to article

It was time for the restoration of the world Link, the Judgement of Allah.

Regards Tony
This says all friends will be enemies of each other except the God-fearing. They will maintain this friendship but the evil people won't. They will become enemies of each other. How did this happen and continues to happen now?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Feature 8 - Our body parts will speak to us and testify against us

وَيَوْمَ يُحْشَرُ أَعْدَاءُ اللَّهِ إِلَى النَّارِ فَهُمْ يُوزَعُونَ | The day the enemies of Allah are marched out toward the Fire, while they are in check, | Fussilat : 19

حَتَّىٰ إِذَا مَا جَاءُوهَا شَهِدَ عَلَيْهِمْ سَمْعُهُمْ وَأَبْصَارُهُمْ وَجُلُودُهُمْ بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ | when they come to it, their hearing, their eyes and their skins will bear witness against them concerning what they used to do. | Fussilat : 20

وَقَالُوا لِجُلُودِهِمْ لِمَ شَهِدْتُمْ عَلَيْنَا ۖ قَالُوا أَنْطَقَنَا اللَّهُ الَّذِي أَنْطَقَ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ وَهُوَ خَلَقَكُمْ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ | They will say to their skins, ‘Why did you bear witness against us?’ They will say, ‘We were given speech by Allah, who gave speech to all things. He created you the first time, and you are being brought back to Him. | Fussilat : 21

The word for speech here is not just speech but rational dialogue. That means things don't just speak but are logical and rational. Our skins will testify against us, and we wonder why they do this. It's because God gave them logic/rational type speech, and hence they take side of God and not us.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Feature 8 - Our body parts will speak to us and testify against us

وَيَوْمَ يُحْشَرُ أَعْدَاءُ اللَّهِ إِلَى النَّارِ فَهُمْ يُوزَعُونَ | The day the enemies of Allah are marched out toward the Fire, while they are in check, | Fussilat : 19

حَتَّىٰ إِذَا مَا جَاءُوهَا شَهِدَ عَلَيْهِمْ سَمْعُهُمْ وَأَبْصَارُهُمْ وَجُلُودُهُمْ بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ | when they come to it, their hearing, their eyes and their skins will bear witness against them concerning what they used to do. | Fussilat : 20

وَقَالُوا لِجُلُودِهِمْ لِمَ شَهِدْتُمْ عَلَيْنَا ۖ قَالُوا أَنْطَقَنَا اللَّهُ الَّذِي أَنْطَقَ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ وَهُوَ خَلَقَكُمْ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ | They will say to their skins, ‘Why did you bear witness against us?’ They will say, ‘We were given speech by Allah, who gave speech to all things. He created you the first time, and you are being brought back to Him. | Fussilat : 21

The word for speech here is not just speech but rational dialogue. That means things don't just speak but are logical and rational. Our skins will testify against us, and we wonder why they do this. It's because God gave them logic/rational type speech, and hence they take side of God and not us.
What is the need that God makes the skin talk and testify against the sinners?

Does God need to hear it from their skin? Or He already has all the knowledge about every moment of life of each person?
I mean, lets say a man lived 70 years. That is 25,550 days!
So, now the skin starts talking that on day 259, at 2 pm in afternoon you did this sin, or that sin, then next day you did another sin,..etc, etc?

There is a Hadith in Kafi, when Sadir asked abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) the following. "A certain group of people believe that you are gods. They read to us from the Quran about it. And it is He Who in heaven is God and in earth is God." (43:84). The Imam (a.s.) said, "O Sadir, my hearing, my sight, my skin, my flesh, my blood and my hair are (all) disdain such people, and Allah also disdains them.

Why similar verses in Quran, could not be Mutishabihat?

I see these verses as Mutishabihat, meant to test us. The test is, if we really think, or we just blindly follow whatever.
Maybe God expect us to think, or otherwise, we deserve to get mislead?

I mean, there are verses in the Quran, that God says, He speaks in similitude or speaks in Mutishabihat, so, why such verses could not be one of those verses?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is the need that God makes the skin talk and testify against the sinners?

Does God need to hear it from their skin? Or He already has all the knowledge about every moment of life of each person?
I mean, lets say a man lived 70 years. That is 25,550 days!
So, now the skin starts talking that on day 259, at 2 pm in afternoon you did this sin, or that sin, then next day you did another sin,..etc, etc?

There is a Hadith in Kafi, when Sadir asked abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) the following. "A certain group of people believe that you are gods. They read to us from the Quran about it. And it is He Who in heaven is God and in earth is God." (43:84). The Imam (a.s.) said, "O Sadir, my hearing, my sight, my skin, my flesh, my blood and my hair are (all) disdain such people, and Allah also disdains them.

Why similar verses in Quran, could not be Mutishabihat?

I see these verses as Mutishabihat, meant to test us. The test is, if we really think, or we just blindly follow whatever.
Maybe God expect us to think, or otherwise, we deserve to get mislead?

I mean, there are verses in the Quran, that God says, He speaks in similitude or speaks in Mutishabihat, so, why such verses could not be one of those verses?
God is sufficient as a witness, but as you know God is Unseen. So people don't argue with God or witnesses, skin and body parts will testify against us too.

To you, verses are mushtibahat and muhkam. But per Quran, they are all muhkam except what we don't understand due to disease in our hearts. If we seek refuge in what is clear from Quran to us, what is unclear to us will become clear.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
God is sufficient as a witness, but as you know God is Unseen. So people don't argue with God or witnesses, skin and body parts will testify against us too.

To you, verses are mushtibahat and muhkam. But per Quran, they are all muhkam except what we don't understand due to disease in our hearts. If we seek refuge in what is clear from Quran to us, what is unclear to us will become clear.
I understand it metaphorical words.
As we have already seen, according to many Hadithes, Day of Resurrection is, the Day of Manifestation of the Qaim.
Seeing it in this light, therefore everyone's belief or disbelief is tested by their belief or disbelief in the Qaim at the time of His Manifestation.
Meaning, if a man says, i believe in God, Muhammad and the Quran, but he does not recognize the Qaim when He is manifested, His belief is not accepted, and will be counted as a disbeliever. Thus, their very own response to the call of the Qaim, is, in the sight of God, testimony of their their disbelief against themselves!

This is expressed metaphorically as "their skin and body parts testifies against themselves", because even if they claim and consider themselves as believers in God and Quran, but they have rejected the Qaim with all their beings, this is a testimony to their disbelief in the sight of God.

Now consider this verse:

هَلۡ یَنظُرُونَ إِلَّاۤ أَن تَأۡتِیَهُمُ ٱلۡمَلَـٰۤىِٕكَةُ أَوۡ یَأۡتِیَ رَبُّكَ أَوۡ یَأۡتِیَ بَعۡضُ ءَایَـٰتِ رَبِّكَۗ یَوۡمَ یَأۡتِی بَعۡضُ ءَایَـٰتِ رَبِّكَ لَا یَنفَعُ نَفۡسًا إِیمَـٰنُهَا لَمۡ تَكُنۡ ءَامَنَتۡ مِن قَبۡلُ أَوۡ كَسَبَتۡ فِیۤ إِیمَـٰنِهَا خَیۡرࣰاۗ قُلِ ٱنتَظِرُوۤا۟ إِنَّا مُنتَظِرُونَ

"....The Day that some of the Signs of your Lord do come, no good will it do to a person to believe then, if he believed not before, nor earned good through his Faith...." (6:158).

For someone who have already believed that there will be a literal end of the world, at the first glance, it seems this verse is saying, once the signs of the End comes, there is no beneft to believe anymore, because it it the end of the world, and it is just time for judgment, right?
Wrong!

Because according to the Imams, this verse is about Manifestation of the Qaim:

It is recorded in Bihar, that Imam Ali and Imam Sadiq said this verse denotes the advent of the awaited Qaim from us.

Now, let's think. How come, after Manifestation of the Qaim, there is no benefit for anyone to believe in Islam?

The answer is, because the Qaim comes with a new Revelation that supersedes Islam. He comes with a new Law from God, therefore the old Laws of Islam, is abrogated!

Consider, the Jews. When Jesus came, whoever believed in Jesus and followed His Injil, was considered a believer, and his deed was counted as good deeds in the sight of God. But once Muhammad came, believing and following Jesus, was not counted as a true belief, because at that time, belief in Muhammad was the touchstone of true belief.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I understand it metaphorical words.
As we have already seen, according to many Hadithes, Day of Resurrection is, the Day of Manifestation of the Qaim.
Seeing it in this light, therefore everyone's belief or disbelief is tested by their belief or disbelief in the Qaim at the time of His Manifestation.
Meaning, if a man says, i believe in God, Muhammad and the Quran, but he does not recognize the Qaim when He is manifested, His belief is not accepted, and will be counted as a disbeliever. Thus, their very own response to the call of the Qaim, is, in the sight of God, testimony of their their disbelief against themselves!

This is expressed metaphorically as "their skin and body parts testifies against themselves", because even if they claim and consider themselves as believers in God and Quran, but they have rejected the Qaim with all their beings, this is a testimony to their disbelief in the sight of God.

Now consider this verse:

هَلۡ یَنظُرُونَ إِلَّاۤ أَن تَأۡتِیَهُمُ ٱلۡمَلَـٰۤىِٕكَةُ أَوۡ یَأۡتِیَ رَبُّكَ أَوۡ یَأۡتِیَ بَعۡضُ ءَایَـٰتِ رَبِّكَۗ یَوۡمَ یَأۡتِی بَعۡضُ ءَایَـٰتِ رَبِّكَ لَا یَنفَعُ نَفۡسًا إِیمَـٰنُهَا لَمۡ تَكُنۡ ءَامَنَتۡ مِن قَبۡلُ أَوۡ كَسَبَتۡ فِیۤ إِیمَـٰنِهَا خَیۡرࣰاۗ قُلِ ٱنتَظِرُوۤا۟ إِنَّا مُنتَظِرُونَ

"....The Day that some of the Signs of your Lord do come, no good will it do to a person to believe then, if he believed not before, nor earned good through his Faith...." (6:158).

For someone who have already believed that there will be a literal end of the world, at the first glance, it seems this verse is saying, once the signs of the End comes, there is no beneft to believe anymore, because it it the end of the world, and it is just time for judgment, right?
Wrong!

Because according to the Imams, this verse is about Manifestation of the Qaim:

It is recorded in Bihar, that Imam Ali and Imam Sadiq said this verse denotes the advent of the awaited Qaim from us.

Now, let's think. How come, after Manifestation of the Qaim, there is no benefit for anyone to believe in Islam?

The answer is, because the Qaim comes with a new Revelation that supersedes Islam. He comes with a new Law from God, therefore the old Laws of Islam, is abrogated!

Consider, the Jews. When Jesus came, whoever believed in Jesus and followed His Injil, was considered a believer, and his deed was counted as good deeds in the sight of God. But once Muhammad came, believing and following Jesus, was not counted as a true belief, because at that time, belief in Muhammad was the touchstone of true belief.
There is two set of ahadith. Some say "the day some of our signs come to them" is "a rather..." explaining what meeting God means. There is a hadith that says that some people were saying "why does not God come to them" but that it is impossible per Quran. Because God won't actually come, he is unseen, it means some of his signs will manifest more. So it's an explaining of God coming which means when his signs will manifest to undoubtable degree.

Some say it's the rise of the Mahdi (a) and some don't. But per Quran, it refers obviously to the day of judgment as that is the day no soul will benefit from faith if they didn't have faith before.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The verse emphasizes that God has made everything speak. The speak here is a word that is not just speech, but emphasizes on rational, that is everything is given rational speech. It's not just sounds or speak metaphor.